2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

1/15 hoops discussion

got a few guys to post some good stuff yesterday and had solid conversation on few games. would like to have more ppl chime in as used to have a awesome group in the ncaa sub-forum that would take part in these, sadly i dont think some are around, a few still are, and im sure there some newer guys i dont know yet that can step in...nothing wrong with disagreement as i find it helps me at times as long as you can do it with a valid argument and not "they a lock, no way they lose" or some such trash, lol..

with that said ill just start with few leans i have, yesterday my sides were bad and totals on point, that was 1st day in a while i wasnt on with both but it gonna happen.. again today i think i have more totals ill like but of coarse wont know till these pussies release them! so ill start with few sides i at least kinda like

RI+8.5.. think these guys are improving, they totally out willed lsu on the glass at lsu and beat them, shoulda beat slu at home but lost at the buzzer, i dont read much into their last gm as i write it off as hung over from the slu gm, they have built a little clout as even early on when they were getting waxed i was seeing improvement.... la salle of coarse no slouches and am scared they starting to roll, this is after all a team of upperclassman that went on a nice run last season, i think la salle wins this gm but once we start taking more than 6 points i dont have to think the dog can win to play them.. i think ri can dominate the glass once again, play good enough defense and keep this gm in the 60s...hoping for a change line moves in my favor and if it drops later on i may put la salle ml in a parlay as i think it a win no cover on this number..

st bonnies +10.5.. another road a10 dog, lol.. if i have a team i guess it slu, not much of a fan but do watch them and hope they do well. they good at blowing out really bad teams cause their d will just suffocate them, besides the shockers (who they lost to, no shame there as shockers one of the best teams in the country and it was a really good gm) all slu has played at home thus far has been really bad teams , now they back off another road trip where they solidified their road warrior status..bonnies schedule hasnt been great and they have been beaten by the better teams they have played on the road, however besides wake they have kept all those gms much closer than this number, bonnies size i think could give slu some problems scoring inside, biggest concern is them turning it over and letting slu get out for easy baskets.. double digits just felt high to me even tho slu beat bonnies at their gym by 10 last year i feel like bonnies are improved and still not sure if slu is quite as good yet..

really wanna play maryland, couple guys i respect like irish. i just dont think nd is that good of a team, id say slightly worse than the terps. seems like irish kinda lost some of that grind it out style they used to have when they moved conferences, even heard brey say as much that they would look to score little more earlier in yr, think that has hurt their defense as i think this the worst irish defense ive seen in some time. maryland outta feel like the rim a little bigger tonight after playing fsu and pit.. wouldnt mid thoughts on this one still but think terps the right side..

2daBank

starting to open totals..

abovepar
    abovepar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1438

I like Clemson -3 @ Virginia tech. Clemson played Arkansas tough on the road. Tech isn't a good team and has lost 4/5. This seems obvious but we know how obvious turns out..

crbravens23
    crbravens23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1898

I think MD wins by 3 tonight. Im hoping line moves down to 3 and I'll buy .5 point. everyone knows MD got waxed past two road games. simply destroyed at FSU. I live in MD and been listening to a lot of turgeon interviews and he sounds like he is changing his tune from throwing players under the bus past two wks to a more positive vibe, " things are never as good or bad as they seem " and nick faust stated , " we gotta get this win Wednesday, we gotta play tough and get over this hump ". Terps are in good spot here. back home after embarrassing losses. we have the bigs to battle with ND. I took Pitt and FSU in MD's last two games so I'm not being a homer here. MD will play with energy tonight. GL everyone.

abovepar

Florida state -2.5 @ Miami. Miami is coming off a win against Unc that isn't that impressive as the season plays out. FSU playing good ball after the Virginia game. FSU when on their game is a top 25 team.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by abovepar View Post
    I like Clemson -3 @ Virginia tech. Clemson played Arkansas tough on the road. Tech isn't a good team and has lost 4/5. This seems obvious but we know how obvious turns out..
    i am incredibly curious how low they willing to go with this total? all i have in my notes for this gm is strong under lean at 117 or higher... i dont trust clemson to score for shit, vtech launches treys but clem has the best 3 point percentage d in the nation, with vtech coming off 2 home losses and my dislike of clem on the road id lean to it being ugly obviously and vtech hitting enough treys to win but again think id rather play total than side depending on number but i couldnt touch tigers here..

2daBank

Florida state -2.5 @ Miami. Miami is coming off a win against Unc that isn't that impressive as the season plays out. FSU playing good ball after the Virginia game. FSU when on their game is a top 25 team.
    copied this from the fsu/mia thread, there some decent convo in there..

Originally Posted by TunaFish51
    miami is not the same team as last season. FSU did impress me by winning at clemson

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    why? we all know clemson calling card is d, their o is trash so they tailor made for a athletic always good fsu d...that was prob 1st gm i touched fsu in some time as i feel like they became overvalued when they beat vcu.. canes have been bad but they had to replace a lot, coaching is a total mismatch as Biff was saying and canes can grind it with the best of them so will it be similar to the clem gm in that way but think fsu poor basketball iq as a team will be more of a issue here.. it a tough gm cause canes havnt shown a whole lot but they do have some solid wins mixed in with bad play, but again they replaced a lot and you gotta give their coach the benefit of the doubt, i do anyway..

abovepar

I'm taking both ML parlayed with Umass @ George mason. Worth the risk for the payout in my opinion. Three teams better than the other three but on the road. Lets hope the better team wins tonight.

2daBank

I'm taking both ML parlayed with Umass @ George mason. Worth the risk for the payout in my opinion. Three teams better than the other three but on the road. Lets hope the better team wins tonight.
    not to be a dick and im certainly wrong more than my fair share but honestly i dont think there a chance in hell of that cashing as a 3 teamer with those 3, no way odds of it really hitting and what you getting are even close imo.. but gl anyways.

abovepar

I like ML parlays. I find value in teams I think should win. I get beat often by back door meaningless points. I like to pick winners and losers. I've been on a nice streak but took a loss last night on Wisconsin and Kentucky.

Give me your top play and ill tail. I just want to win. I couldn't care less how we get there.

LetsStreak2442
    LetsStreak2442's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you want to win AVOID PARLAYS...since you are on this forum I can only assume that you bet regularly. How to stay stable and avoid losses, just bet straight or round robin. I got a buddy who is only 21 so he does not have a lot of money yet and consistently bets parlays to try to "hit big". You don't hit big...you pick consistency and hope you win in the semi long run.

abovepar

I normally look at a game and ask myself if I feel the other team has a good chance at winning. Normally I like -300 - -400 range. If I can't decide if the ML is worth it then I normally take the points and straight bet the other team. Has worked so far. I've cashed the last several weeks.

LetsStreak2442

Oh ok so you are picking more favorable ML...thought you were referring to sub-300's which lose on a daily basis. Fair enough.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Ugly card considering there are so many games.

TeamDetroit
    TeamDetroit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2771

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I thought i was the only one who was thinking that

LetsStreak2442

Big Monday then Super Tuesday...always leads to a Wimpy Wednesday

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I kind of like South Carolina +6 at A&M.

LetsStreak2442

Care to say why? I just finished posting in my thread about how this line does not make sense. It is close to what it should be but I see it being a 8 pt line.

LetsStreak2442

I am a big believer that Vegas caps games 3 ways. 1. They try to get 50/50 on the game. 2. They try to get 60/40 because they have a good idea. 3. They try to get 7/25 because they def know how it will go. Arkansas + 1 was a 75/25 game last night. I think this TAM game is a 60/40 hence the little lower than usual line.

2daBank

I like ML parlays. I find value in teams I think should win. I get beat often by back door meaningless points. I like to pick winners and losers. I've been on a nice streak but took a loss last night on Wisconsin and Kentucky.

Give me your top play and ill tail. I just want to win. I couldn't care less how we get there.
    i rarely have a top play, i bet volume. there a ton of guys better than me at picking one play and going more on it, i prefer to fire at everything i like and trust my method good and ill be up at end of year. .. i wouldnt suggest tailing anyway.. i dont have a problem with ml parlays, i do them with -300 or so mls and usually keep it at 2 teams and dont even get even money but im selective with them but plenty of days they save me from bad night... i was just saying that particular parlay with clem, fsu, and umass i think has no shot..gl whatever you decide..

2daBank

no doubt.. hoping some totals land where i want them.

2daBank

I kind of like South Carolina +6 at A&M.
    scary one of those teams i almost always just pass right over. ill go back and look at it..

abovepar

How does Baylor not beat Texas tech tonight?! The spread is -4 but only -170 ML. Tempted to put 2U on Baylor to win. Any reason not to?

LetsStreak2442

I would wait. I always wait until 4-5pm EST. If the line shows reverse line movement then I lay off.

2daBank

How does Baylor not beat Texas tech tonight?! The spread is -4 but only -170 ML. Tempted to put 2U on Baylor to win. Any reason not to?
    didnt look at that gm much, you like a lot of short road favs today, that would worry me..dont follow big 12 as close now that mizzou in sec, i mean i follow ku, isu, okie st some but havnt paid much attention to the texas teams and didnt do the numbers on this one as i figured i wouldnt convince myself to take tech but want no part of baylor..

LetsStreak2442

TTECH is a below average team and Baylor is explosive but does rely on the 3. I like Baylor but rumor is line moved to 3.5 despite public on Baylor...wait till 4-5EST. If it is not 4.5 or higher lay off...worth waiting despite the line raise..do not get caught in a fix

2daBank

of coarse RI goes up, shit never fails, lol. at least i think got best of maryland number... that why i only take like half units when i bet early, until last 2 days just been waiting cause all year it seems a lot of numbers havnt moved the way id expect, dont think my record on those has been bad so it not like line moves worry me, just pisses me off when i take early and moves other way,..

LetsStreak2442

Lindsay is a nice little ball player...can get in shooting slumps tho. like watching him play!

abovepar

I do like the road faves today and its hard to take them. I look at the lineup of games and pick the ones I like to win pre spreads. Then when I see a close number it makes me want to jump on it. In no way without injuries should Baylor lose to tech.

RetardStrength
    RetardStrength's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6729

Vegas looking to empty your pockets tonight. I'm treading lightly after crushing my book Monday night for over 5 dimes.

I'm leaning Mizz St getting a bunch of points as well as Miss St getting a shit-ton in what will be a true road test for them

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]
    sportsguy04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2431

Ole Miss -3 at home vs LSU looks real good.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by sportsguy04 View Post
    Something doesn't seem right about that one to me. Henderson is playing, right? Have a weird feeling LSU covers and possibly wins.

I do like your Rhode Island play, Bank. No opinion on SLU/Bonny. And to me, it's Maryland or nothing.

RetardStrength
    RetardStrength's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6729

Quote Originally Posted by sportsguy04 View Post
    Agreed Miss is going to put a full test to LSU's athleticism. The only way I see LSU keeping this one close is if they somehow have a lead of 5+ going into the half.

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]
    sportsguy04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2431

Something doesn't seem right about that one to me. Henderson is playing, right? Have a weird feeling LSU covers and possibly wins.

I do like your Rhode Island play, Bank. No opinion on SLU/Bonny. And to me, it's Maryland or nothing.
    Henderson is eligible to return today. Yes.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

TAMU just got hit. I'm just passing on this college card altogether.

Look at the Celtics +4 tonight at home, fellas.

123 Last