Tommy Karate
    Update your status
    Tommy Karate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12940

Biggest Public Play of the Day

70% of the plays on Monmouth

Line goes from +5 to +7 on Monmouth

55-37 MONMOUTH with 10 minutes left

Now who the hell hammered this obscure game so hard on Niagara and yet they dont even show up at home?

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Why do people think the lines move because someone hammered that side?

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

niagara sucks. they fail to do anything.

Tommy Karate
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    Why do people think the lines move because someone hammered that side?
    haha...im right here raven. you can address me.

please.....teach away.

lets here this....

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Karate View Post
    70% of the plays on Monmouth

Line goes from +5 to +7 on Monmouth

55-37 MONMOUTH with 10 minutes left

Now who the hell hammered this obscure game so hard on Niagara and yet they dont even show up at home?
    70 percent of what? 100? Because I highly doubt in the grand scheme of things Monmouth was the biggest public play of the day.

I hate to sound like Smut, but maybe it's time we all just chill on who the public is actually backing according to free websites. I think it's got a lot of us spooked more than we should be and chasing our tails.

Tommy Karate
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    70 percent of what? 100? Because I highly doubt in the grand scheme of things Monmouth was the biggest public play of the day.

I hate to sound like Smut, but maybe it's time we all just chill on who the public is actually backing according to free websites. I think it's got a lot of us spooked more than we should be and chasing our tails.
    70 out of 132.54. yes they were in college hoops. it was a friday night nocoin. kansas vs arizona wasnt exactly on espn.

for someone who has always made a lot of RLM plays, this is a shocking statement from you.
    i guess you have changed your approach dramatically...

would you consider a paid subscription to sportsinsigts more valuable data?
    Last edited by Tommy Karate; 01-11-14 at 08:13 AM.

alamo
    Why R.E.M. and not The Go-Betweens
    alamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10890

What people fail to realise is - WE ARE THE PUBLIC.

PUBLIC
    noun - ordinary people in general; the community.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Karate View Post
    70 out of 132.54. yes they were in college hoops. it was a friday night nocoin. kansas vs arizona wasnt exactly on espn.

for someone who has always made a lot of RLM plays, this is a shocking statement from you.
    i guess you have changed your approach dramatically...

would you consider a paid subscription to sportsinsigts more valuable data?
    A little, but not much. I'm just saying that with small sample sizes, it's hard to know/assume these numbers are correct. The % I saw had this game pretty much split, but that's what I'm saying -- who do you trust? And do you really think Monmouth was a big public bet? Repeat that to yourself out loud. I'm just not getting caught up in this noise as much anymore -- especially in college hoops, where you and I both know it's meant virtually nothing.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by alamo View Post

PUBLIC
    I see this kind of post all the time. Of course we are -- no one has said otherwise. Doesn't mean you or I have to be on the same side as everyone else, though.

Tommy Karate
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by alamo View Post

PUBLIC
    i agree to an extent that we are the public, but using this data as a piece to the puzzle still makes sense to me.
    ie, Christmas Day in the NBA....its good to confirm that the consensus of most plays was on Miami @ LA. Long term, books get even more rich from taking losing bets from the novice gambler who just looks at the games and says "the heat are great, la sucks....i'll take the heat"

if you consider yourself to be part of that "public" then thats a different story, but i know you arent...

A little, but not much. I'm just saying that with small sample sizes, it's hard to know/assume these numbers are correct. The % I saw had this game pretty much split, but that's what I'm saying -- who do you trust? And do you really think Monmouth was a big public bet? Repeat that to yourself out loud. I'm just not getting caught up in this noise as much anymore -- especially in college hoops, where you and I both know it's meant virtually nothing.
    i just looked at the data from a paid subscription to sportsinsights, and niagara was actually 54%. but i think that SI compiles data from sharp books like pinnacle. to me, it makes more sense to look at a site like Vegas Insider where you know the data is coming from one recreational/square book. is the data 100% accurate since free? No...perhaps we shouldnt use this information on games other then actual high profile/tv games. The TNT Thursday Night NBA chase of fade the public has been very profitable for me. So it does make sense in certain scenarios to pay closer attention to this information.

I see this kind of post all the time. Of course we are -- no one has said otherwise. Doesn't mean you or I have to be on the same side as everyone else, though.