SolidAsStone
    SolidAsStone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 421

Official NBA Play
    Washington Wizards +8

SolidAsStone

Time to get back to business ladies and gents. I wasted a few units by trying to please some followers who were asking for more picks from me so I started playing some games I usually would have skipped. I'm not by any means blaming anyone though I am blaming myself for letting myself me influenced by that. Either way we are doing better than 90% of the forum and sports better in general because we are actually positive 2.59 units for the thread overall. I will now be getting back to basics though and playing less games which is good for those who want to make money and not just have action. For those who wanted more plays I guess you could always just take my play and bet more than you usually would since they are of higher quality. Either way we are going to be making money here and that is ALL THAT MATTERS when it comes to this forum, So BOL and let's get it.

SolidAsStone

Results Update

Wizards +8 WIN +1 unit

Great start after my week break. Much thanks to Garrett Temple for stuffing his stat line tonight as well! Haha you'll understand if you played this pick...

SolidAsStone

Official Record
    NCCAB= 14-16-1
    NBA= 9-3
    NHL= 0-3
    NCAAF= 1-3
    SOCCER= 1-0
    Overall Record= 25-25-1 (+3.59 units)

crbravens23
    crbravens23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1898

what up stone... been awhile. i love marquette - 5 tonight. which u got?

SolidAsStone

Whats going on Raven it has been a while. Hope all has been going well for you this season. I took a week break because I got a new job plus I felt like I was wasting away some hard earned units by making too many plays in order to please some people who are used to a lot of action so I had to re group and get back to the way I do things in real life. I have never posted plays on forum before so I feel like I let myself get influenced which is nobodys fault but MY OWN. Anyway I have no plays for tonight. And great call on Marquette I just looked and saw they won by 11. What did you see from Marquette and Providence tonight that made you like them? I always like to hear how others decipher their plays and see if I can learn from them.

SolidAsStone

Official NBA Play

Chicago Bulls ML +110

crbravens23

I like to fade the public. I knew there would be heavy betting on providence getting those points and marq had struggled slightly at home the prev few games. so when i saw the line was holding tight, I knew vegas wanted people on providence side and thats it. I no longer look into matchups or anything like that. There is the side vegas is on and the side they want u on. u just have to figure out what they want u to do. easier said than done, i know. lol. I'll have one tonight around 6:45.

SolidAsStone

Raven, yup it really is all about just being on the same side as Vegas. They obviously make tons of money because of the vig, but they also get the public to take the wrong side of games more often than not which also adds to their profits. For example the Seahawks in the Super Bowl was an EASY play the media was all over the Broncos all week. I forgot to post it here because of running around for Super Bowl parties and stuff, but I am sure you probably smelled something odd with that as well. Anyways definitely post your play we'll see how it does!

SolidAsStone

Plays Update

Chicago Bulls ML LOSS -1.1 units

SolidAsStone

Official Record
    NCAAB= 14-16-1
    NBA= 9-4
    NHL= 0-3
    NCAAF= 1-3
    SOCCER= 1-0

Overall = 25-26-1 (+2.49 units)

crbravens23

did my post not go through? i posted to this thread earlier this morning. damn. i was just saying public was all over marq and line didnt move so i knew vegas wanted people on providence. thats all. what u go today stone?

crbravens23

oh crap, it did go through. didnt see it. my fault man. i'm multitasking at work. haha.

SolidAsStone

Nothing tonight for me

SolidAsStone

Still nothing fellas.

As a side note I will be having less picks as I did when I started this forum, but we will do better units wise which is all that matters. My advice is to just increase your unit size (while still remaining conservative) on these plays. I expect to win roughly 5-6 units this back half of the NBA season and 3 units on the college basketball season which will roughly have us up 10 units on the back half of the year. So betting 25 a game will make you 250 bucks while betting 500 a game will net you 5000. Best of luck to everyone and stay patient and we will turn this little income creek right now into a full blown income stream.

SolidAsStone

Sorry just was doing more research and looked at this game and it is a good one so here we go!

OFFICIAL NCAAB PLAY

Loyola Marymount +5.5 for 1.5 units

Saint Marys just beat Loyola 10 days ago by 28 at home. Now 10 days later they are playing again in Loyola and it is just a 5 POINT SPREAD? Plus its the last game of the night and sometimes they have weird lines on these games and I think this is one of those situations. I know it seems like the wrong play, but then again so did the Bulls +7.5 against the Suns the other night and the Bulls won by double digits. BOL if you take it or pass.

SolidAsStone

Plus don't forget that it is Conference play now where people tend to get slaughtered because they don't understand the intensity of Conference play as well as the familiarity between players and especially coaches. They tend to even know each others plays and systems. Anyway I love Loyola tonight I would even sprinkle some on the ML if you can afford it I will probably throw 50 on the ML too.

stuck621
    stuck621's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

i can't tail you on most because you post up 5-10 min before tip off

SolidAsStone

I know I really have to work on that Stuck you are definitely right. And that was some lousy start to the Loyola game lol down 14-2 in the first 5 minutes. They are at home though and have 2 freshman as their 2nd and 3rd highest scorer so I know they are very volatile. So even though they look terrible now... there is a good chance they will just go on a run and get right back in it. Hopefully

SolidAsStone

And nope Loyola came out in the second half like they were out of gas from the 1st half come back. Weird game defiso nitely wasn't the outcome I expected. This was actually one of the heavier bets played today apparently so the books definitely took a hit in this one. Congrats to those on Saint Marys though.

SolidAsStone

Plays Results Update

Loyola +5.5 LOSS -1.65 units

SolidAsStone

Sorry guys no plays still. Haven't seen any opportunities I have loved

SolidAsStone

Official NBA Play
    Washington Wizards +9

SolidAsStone

For those who are wondering I am going to update the Official records after the Wizards game tonight. (Which went from +9 to +8.5 which is a small, but good sign for those who backed my play.)

Another point is I am so intrigued by the Pitt and Syracuse game. I knew it would move when Pitt came out at -3 and it has to -1.5. I would say take Pitt, but I don't love it so I won't be playing it. For those who are taking Syracuse tonight I am not saying they cannot cover but in the long run the profit is there to be made by constantly backing the "Pitts" in these kind of situations.

SolidAsStone

Play Update

Washing Wizards +9 WIN ( +1 unit)

SolidAsStone

What an awesome game with the Wizards too bad for them that they lost by 1 to the Rockets I love that they covered for me so I would've liked them to get a win as well. But hey can't get everything you want.

Also, the Pitt .vs. Syracuse game was a PERFECT example of the difference between what I was doing earlier in the beginning of the thread and what I did in the middle and what I am doing now. Let me explain I know that was confusing haha. I mean that in the beginning I was my usual very picky self and we went on a nice run and got up +5 units very quickly. Then I tried to please everybody and do more picks so I started playing plays that I really liked but didn't LOVE. And now we are back to my natural way of playing where we only play plays I LOVE. Anyway long story short if I was in the middle I would've picked PITT tonight and we all would've been heartbroken that we lost such a close game. But since we were picky we skipped it and essentially saved ourselves a unit.

So for those who are action junkies I am sorry we don't do a lot of picks here BUT we do pick more winners than losers and that IS ALL THAT MATTERS and I can't wait to see how well we do at the end of the season!

SolidAsStone

Official Record
    NCAAB= 14-17-1
    NBA= 10-4
    NHL= 0-3
    NCAAF= 1-3
    SOCCER= 1-0

OVERALL= 26-27-1 (+1.84 units)

SolidAsStone

Official NCAAB Play

Portland State -4.5

SolidAsStone

Looking at St. Johns .vs. Seton Hall right now leaning towards St. Johns but not a play just yet. Just wanted to let people know so they can check before 9 to see if I go official.

Only official play so far tonight is Portland State -4.5

SolidAsStone

Official NCAAB Play

North Carolina -3 for 2 units

Really love this play. I think North Carolina matches up really well against Pitt. North Carolina has so many weapons between Paige, McAdoo, Mcdonald, Johnson,and Tokoto who do you guard? They all can put up points.

SolidAsStone

Good First Half for UNC.

SolidAsStone

Wow UNC did all they could to blow that cover, but they still managed to pull it off!

Play Result Update
    UNC -3 WINNER +2 units

First ... 456789 Last