Joepbj
    Joepbj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 258

Vandy +5 @ St. Mary's

I think the oddsmakers are giving St. Mary's a little too much credit and this spread shows it. I like Vandy pulling the upset here but I think they'll at least keep it close. SEC team over a good mid major team that lost their best player Patty Mills, but blows out a good San Diego St. team a few nights ago. I doubt that'll happen again.......What do you guys think?

Let's Go Bills!
    Mario Williams...
    Let's Go Bills!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 609

I like Vandy as well... will be putting a small wager for them on the ML

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

agree, lean to Vandy here as well, but worried about the 3 ball, so no play

Hong Kong Phooey
    Hong Kong Phooey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 457

I would watch out here. I follow the west coast small schools the past five yrs and they are better then you think. Patty Mills was the team leader but this team played without him for a majority stretch last yr so they already know how to play without him. Also they have a freshman guard matthew dellavedola that is from Australia as well and is light outs. St. Mary's also has some athletic bigs --Here are the disadvantages Vandy has to face.
    1. Time Change
    2. The travel
    3. The time the game is played. How many games have Vandy played at 11 PM the last few yrs?
    4. The Venue. St Mary's gym only holds 3500 but they pack it to 5500 last yr against gonzaga and it was rocking.

My value is on St. Mary's , these little schools arent so little anymore
    Last edited by Hong Kong Phooey; 11-20-09 at 10:01 AM. Reason: spelling

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

HK

Yeah that one kid from Australia was lights out against SDSU, well pretty much the whole team was. Saint Mary's at home just chucks the 3 ball and if their on, its all she wrote.

Joepbj
    Joepbj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 258

Vandy has a pretty good Australian in case you didn't know. AJ Ogilvy.