imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

imgv NCAA Tournament Thread..

Going to post all tournament plays in this thread. Good luck everyone and hopefully we can pick some decent winners!!

6* ARIZONA -2
    Put a lot of thought into this game and decided to make this one of my biggest plays of the season.

Arizona has a huge size advantage and I think that will create a huge problem for Purdue.

Purdue tallest starter is 6'7''

Arizona has proven to be a much better away from home team than Purdue. Arizona won 5 road games in a row to end the season as Purdue only won one road game all season vs a horrible Penn State team.

My opinion of the Big-10 is this. Other than Ohio St and Wisconsin no one else was really any good. Purdue,Iowa,Illinois,Michigan,Michigan St none of these teams impressed me.

Believe the Pac-10 was the stronger conference..

Arizona is the weaker defensive team but Arizona's size advantage will probably offset that. I can't see Purdue matching Arizona point for point in here.

This is a brand new season of basketball and we know what Arizona is capable of if they play to even 90% of their abilities. Some people have said Purdue has no right even in this tourney let alone a 9 seed.

Arizona should win this game comfortably...

3* Virginia Tech -2 (-120)
    Honestly I have very little respect for Illini and tons of respect for the Hokies and what they are capable of. This would of been a 5 unit play as well but the Hokies are a team who throws in clunkers from time to time and can't completely be trusted.

But there is no dount in my mind that Tech is the right play here. It might not work out but this is the right play..

2* UNLV ML +110
    Mountain West conference was stellar this season. Lot's of solid respectable teams amongst them. This is the best Rebels team since the days of Augmon,LJ,and Anderson Hunt.

***If you know who Anderson Hunt is you are down with me***

This Rebels team is no joke they killed Texas Tech on the road had a 28-6 record and were without one of their best players Kruger for a stretch of the season..

Adams White and Kruger are studs and this team will give Wisconsin fits when they play..

1* OLD DOMINION +2
    Not too impressed with Butler or anyone in that conference. What does it tell you when a 12 seed is only a one point favorite versus a 5 seed. ODU wins by 7

1* VCU +7
    Gotta take the more atheltic team here and the 7 points. I can see Paulus having a rough time in this game especially against VCU's guards. If VCU can hit some 3's this should be a close game..

Good luck everyone might add another play for Thurs or Fri..

Feedback always appreciated..

Last edited by imgv94; 03-13-07 at 12:06 AM.

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anderson Hunt rained threes like nobody else. He was my favorite out of the LJ, Augmon, Anthony UNLV teams. Strangely enough, he never hit the NBA. He kinda reminded me of Scotty Thurman from Arkansas in that respect.... Such great college players and absolute lights-out shooters, but couldn't catch on... I like every one of your plays except UNLV, IMG. I think UNLV loses a close one.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

I think Anderson Hunt drives a water truck now.

imgv94

onlooker you should track that fool down and have him post some plays on here

Maybe one day he will deliver Sparkletts to your pad...

Wassymac
    Wassymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94 View Post
    This is a brand new season of basketball and we know what Arizona is capable of if they play to even 90% of their abilities. Most people will agree Purdue has no right even in this tourney let alone a 9 seed.
    Curious who these people are that believe Purdue has no "right" playing in this tourney? Could be true I guess but I haven't really seen opinions that match.

Purdue is 3-3 in Neutral Court games which is what this is.
    - W's against Depaul (Maui), Oklahoma (Maui), Iowa (in BTT)
    - L's against G. Tech (Maui), Ohio St (in BTT), Butler (Wodden Classic @ Indy)

They've won 2 true road games against terrible teams instead of one.

The starting guards are actually the exact listed heights.
    AZ: Shakur 6'4", McClellan 6'3"
    PUR: Grant 6'4", Kramer 6'3"

I don't completely disagree with the play but just didn't want you to overlook anything.

I love the UNLV, Old Dominion, and VCU plays.

imgv94

Yeah you are right about the guards, for a second I thought Williams was a guard..

Abt: Purdue.. If you still live in L.A pick up today's Daily News and read what it says about Purdue.. Read a popular forum and see what everyone is saying..

BTW I know what you are doing Wassy..

Wassymac
    Wassymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94 View Post
    BTW I know what you are doing Wassy..
    Just trying to give you the facts. Nothing more.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone that thinks Purdue doesn't belong in probably needs to have his head examined. But hell, people around here don't think Xavier should be in (a lot of that probably has to do with the fact that they lost to Whippin' Rag).

imgv94

Alright I'll edit what I said...

imgv94

Who on Purdue is going to stop Radenovic?

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd swap the units from Arizona to Va.Tech. I like the Hokies in that match-up. Arizona is too damn inconsistent to place a larger wager in a toss-up game.

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    I'd swap the units from Arizona to Va.Tech. I like the Hokies in that match-up. Arizona is too damn inconsistent to place a larger wager in a toss-up game.
    Va. Tech is every bit as inconsistent as Zona. Zona has a much, much, much higher ceiling than Va. Tech. Don't get me wrong, I'm also betting Va. Tech (unless that line swells 2 more points for whatever reason. I just don't think the inconsistency argument works when implying that Va. Tech is somewhat consistent...

imgv94

Gotta agree with baba..

At first I liked both these plays about the same. But I had to go more units on Arizona cause I felt they were the team with more room for error..

Also I don't really know how good the ACC is.. I know the Pac-10 is awesome.

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Like your ODU and Va Tech plays!