Dbldown11
    Dbldown11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Miami OH V. Oregon

Ok I need some explanation. Miami OH is a mediocre team from a garbage conference who has no business in the tourny. They are up against one of the hottest teams in the country in Oregon. The line started at oregon -9.5 and then dropped to 9??? I am trying to get some information from you guys to talk me out of unloading on this game. I think Oregon -9 is a steal, they have been playing out of their minds, and blowing people out of late.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

The MAC is actually a very good mid major conference. Akron, Kent State, Toledo, and Miami are a better quartet than any mid-major conference other than the MVC and MWC has.
    I played Miami +9.5. They can win this game. They play outstanding defense, and, as evidenced by the low total, we can expect a low-scoring game. Oregon had the easiest possible road to the Pac-10 Championship, and I haven't been impressed with their play the past couple months other than the game against USC.

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is a tough game to cap, no doubt, two VERY VERY different types of teams. Oregon has been awesome recently, obviously, but remember they were doing that against teams from their own conference they were familiar with and knew how to handle. It is entirely possible that Miami Oh will find a way to confound Oregon in this game and stay within the number. I actually like Miami Oh plus the points here.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would agree with you GanchrowHG. I too would take the points in this game.

Despite the bad record Miami Oh. has this year, they still play in a very tough conference. I feel that Charlie 'crafty" Coles will have his team ready for this game.

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agree with the overall consensus guys. I would be surprised if Oregon lost, but not as surprised as most 9 point favorites on day 1-2.

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

Miami OH MIGHT and thats a big MIGHT cover the spread in this one, but they have no chance of beating Oregon... Personally, I played Oregon -9 last night because I think the Ducks keep it rollin bigtime in this one... If Brooks and company are hitting shots like they were in the Pac-10 tourney then this one will get ugly!

Dbldown11
    Dbldown11's Avatar Become A Pro!

im confused why everyone is giving so much credit to the MAC. They never get an at large bid which is a big sign of a conference that get little credit. Akron was left out of the NCAA's and the NIT for gods sakes with 26 wins when they were a clock mess up and a prayer of a shot going in from making the ncaa's. from that i see that the mac is not respected, and i dont think they should be, most of the teams are garbage aside from akron, toldeo, and kent st. and ohio isnt even in the category of those teams, they are way worse in my opinion. Ive got Oregon going deep in the tourny, at least to the elite 8