nevadaside
    nevadaside's Avatar Become A Pro!

TEMPLE/ST JOSEPH's

"Kind" of reminds me of BG/OHIO matchup earlier in the following respect.....ST JOSEPH's has owned TEMPLE @ Hm & @ TEMPLE....by at least 13 last 3 meets......now on neutral ground. Also looks like public on TEMPLE.

I see some are on this already.....any more thoughts?

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

The only way I could play this game is St.Joes, but I'm passing on this game.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Passing on the side ns and leaning towards the under.

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

I noted this game as well. Here are the issues surrounding the game though. The last time St. Joe's beat Temple, they lost starting guard Darrin Govens, and St. Joe's was only rotating 7 at that time anyway. SInce he went down, they have lost 3 in a row. Admittedly, 2 of those were to UMass and Xavier, the elite of the Atlantic 10. The other was a road loss to lowly Richmond.

But Temple coach Fran Dunphy is crafty, and may be able to make crucial adjustments. This game will probably be more competitive than expected. I'd still lean towards St. Joe's, but only a little.

nevadaside
    nevadaside's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks for the $valuable$ info Ganchrow. I'll leave this one ALONE....too many other good pikins comin up....hopefully easy pikins.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

I really like St. Joe's here. Their last meeting was my biggest bet of the year, and while I'm not putting down as much this time, I still like the Hawks. They have a big advantage inside with Ahmad Nivins and should also dominate the boards. If Temple is forced to double Nivins, Pat Calathes will have a huge game, as he was the best player on the court last meeting, scoring a career high 27.

As Ganchrow noted, the loss of Govens is a concern, as he was a contributor, but his absence isn't enough to give Temple an advantage in the game.

Dunphy is a terriffic coach, but Temple's personnel doesn't fit his coaching style. They often play completely undisciplined, particularly Dionte Christmas, who is a good scorer, but has very poor shot selection.

Bottom line, Temple is rebuilding, and while they could keep this one close, St. Joe's is a much more complete team. They have won 10 of 11 in this series, and I like them to add another tonight.
    Last edited by rjt721; 03-07-07 at 06:16 PM.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by nevadaside View Post
    Also looks like public on TEMPLE.
    I don't know what the right play is, I understand why you guys like St. Joe's, but the public is actually all over St. Joe's in this game.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Whew. That was much closer than I was hoping for. St. Joe's trailed virtually the entire game, then finally took the lead in the last minute and held on for the win and cover, 66-62.