hanco21
    The Lord of No Rings..AJ Smith Egomaniac
    hanco21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2113

Tyler Hansborough gets TKO'd in final 20 secs

There is no way Tyler should of been in the game in the final 20 seconds up by 12. No doubt an obvious intentional foul, If I was Henderson I would of done the same thing if he tried to run up the score. I guess Tyler had to make sure his team covered the 10 point spread. Way to go Hendy.

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

i can't decide whether it was intentional or not

i am leaning towards it was but dunno

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

UNC had a 11 point lead and a 3 on 1 fast break and the kid pulled it back to run the clock out and Duke fouled anyways with 18 seconds left and down by 11. The game should have ended right there. Or it could've happened moments later if they were able to secure a defensive board instead of letting Tyler grab them.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

it was definitely intentional

hanco21

Quote Originally Posted by OWNED View Post
    UNC had a 11 point lead and a 3 on 1 fast break and the kid pulled it back to run the clock out and Duke fouled anyways with 18 seconds left and down by 11. The game should have ended right there. Or it could've happened moments later if they were able to secure a defensive board instead of letting Tyler grab them.
    Tyler went up strong when he got his offensive rebound, should of tried to cleared it (and ended the game) and not take it to the hoop. Meaningless points unless you were betting on the game.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Very good foul considering the situation, and not worthy of a suspension.

rjt721

<-----------------------

Razz

That took a long time!

rjt721

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    That took a long time!
    Had to do it. Opening day less than a month away.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Quote Originally Posted by hanco21 View Post
    Tyler went up strong when he got his offensive rebound, should of tried to cleared it (and ended the game) and not take it to the hoop. Meaningless points unless you were betting on the game.
    UNC already had the game covered, yet Duke continued to foul like the ones who had money on the game and were trying to cash their own +9' or +10.

UNC had an easy 3 on 1 fast break and decided to dribble it out and end the game and Duke had to go foul and extend the game even more. Should we blame that on UNC as well?

hanco21

Quote Originally Posted by OWNED View Post
    UNC already had the game covered, yet Duke continued to foul like the ones who had money on the game and were trying to cash their own +9' or +10.

UNC had an easy 3 on 1 fast break and decided to dribble it out and end the game and Duke had to go foul and extend the game even more. Should we blame that on UNC as well?
    Sure why not. Loved the intentional foul though.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    Very good foul considering the situation, and not worthy of a suspension.
    Right.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

What about Billy Packers comments about trying to sell the public on the fact that wasn't intentional at all, and he was only going after the ball.

Give me a break... I can't believe he could even say that after watching 5 or 6 different replays of that situation during that broadcast.

dodif
    dodif's Avatar Become A Pro!

for someone who bet duke and arizona when they played unc I felt I got my moneys worth

tyler needs to get off the adirol

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

This is just another thing that shows the frustration of Duke this year. They are not a elite team anymore.

Im sure Dickie V thinks they should be a #2 seed.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker View Post
    Im sure Dickie V thinks they should be a #2 seed.
    He said in a broadcast last week that they were a play or two away from being a number one seed.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    He said in a broadcast last week that they were a play or two away from being a number one seed.
    Yeah right.

Someone needs to bust out that picture of Dickie V in the cheerleader outfit.

Razz

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    What about Billy Packers comments about trying to sell the public on the fact that wasn't intentional at all, and he was only going after the ball.

Give me a break... I can't believe he could even say that after watching 5 or 6 different replays of that situation during that broadcast.
    Um, after watching 5 or 6 replays of that, anyone with two eyes and a functioning brain should come to the conclusion that it wasn't intentional. When Hansborough pump faked, Henderson jumped, and turned away from him as he swatted down. Completely legitimate hard foul, and it's absolutely ridiculous that he was suspended for it.
    The foul by the kid last night, #23, from St. Mary's, now that was a cheap shot, and deserving of a suspension. But, because the guy from Santa Clara didn't start bleeding all over the place, nothing will come of it.

Bigcrank23
    Bigcrank23's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree it was a hard foul...but not worthy of a suspension. I cant stand Duke but I think it was crap that they didnt call intentional until after looking at the replay several times. I mean should they look at every foul on replay to see how hard it was and then decide what to call. Because poor Tyler got a bloody nose playing a sport is no reason to suspend the kid. Anyways GO TERPS!!