rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

BC -2 over Duke

I really like BC -2 over Duke tomorrow. The Eagles are a very underrated team and are playing great lately. In my opinion, BC should be more than a 2 point fav. on a neutral court against this Duke team. I live in Boston, and college basketball isn't that big here with all the pro sports teams in the area, but the crowd will be absolutely crazy tomorrow, giving BC a huge home court advantage.

I understand that this is an important game for Duke because of the losing streak and the fact they may be on the bubble if they don't start winning, but I just can't see them winning this game. Anyone who has watched this Duke team play this season knows that they are simply not that good. I think the prestige and mystique of Duke basketball and Coach K have led to the oddsmaker's making this a near pick 'em, when in reality, BC is a MUCH better basketball team.

I'm gonna jump on this game now because I expect this line to rise significantly as the game approaches.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this game?

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not really sure what to think about side in this game just yet. The over might be the best way to play this game IMO

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Wont be playing the game, but would love to see Duke drop another one. So I will be rooting for Boston College in this one.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

It seems fishy as hell.

rjt721

The only thing that scares me a little is that the game will be on ESPN. BC doesn't get many nationally televised games in front of sold out crowds, and sometimes in big games the home team can be too hyped up for the game and play tight.

I've watched BC play a lot this year. Jared Dudley is one of the most underrated player's in the country and could easily be the Player of the Year in the ACC so far. Tyrese Rice is one of the best long range shooter's in the conference and should dominate Paulus with his quickness.

If BC just brings their "C" game tomorrow night, they win by double digits.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

Al Skinner has proven to be a terrific coach. I had my doubts when BC hired him from URI. Figured he'd have some good seasons and some bad ones, but they've been very consistent since he took over a terrible program from Jim O'Brien.

I'd lean toward Duke in this game. Remember, a couple of their losses were close. I think Duke on the road is the best thing, get away from the losing streak talk and focus on a road game.

BC did lose to Vermont earlier in the season.

rjt721

If Sean Williams was still with the team I would consider it a near lock. Even without him, I think BC matches up very well against Duke.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14485

The removal of Sean Williams definitely took a bite out of Boston's play, especially defensively. They seemed to have healed around the gap, but I still keep wishing they had him. It's so sad that he's no longer on the team.