LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Blue Demons to Slow Pace - Depaul/West Virginia UNDER 125

The Big East has been predominantly an UNDER conference this season, and DePaul has been one of the main reasons why.

The UNDER is now 6-1 in all Blue Demon conference games this year, as well as a very profitable 12-7 in all DePaul games this season. Moreover the last three UNDERS have come in games that produced combined total scores of 118, 109 and 97 points respectively! You just know that the Demons will try to slow the pace of this game to a crawl, especially playing on the road vs. one of the few Big East teams that can actually score.

Yes West Virginia is averaging 71.8 points per game, but that has more to do with their ability to hit three-point shots than it does with running the floor. Thus we expect the Mountaineers to have fewer possessions than usual vs. this plodding DePaul team here, and that could very well upset their rhythm from the perimeter. Do not forget also that the West Virginia defense is allowing just 49.1 points per game vs. Division I opponents here at home this season, limiting those clubs to a pathetic 35.3 percent shooting from the floor!

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14485

Along with the UCLA game it's the lowest total on today's board and deservedly so for the reasons you've mentioned.

Also worth noting:

• Depaul has 3-4 seniors on the court most of the time versus West Virginia's single senior Young.
    • West Virginia Head Coach Beilein just moved Young to the top of the defensive zone from the wing in a deliberate attempt to disrupt opposition offense.
    • These two teams have no matchups on record going back to 1997, so the WVU Coliseum represents a totally unfamiliar shooting environment for the Depaul seniors.

Thanks for posting LT. Good luck today.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm not too fond of the total in this game LT. Although, I will be taking a shot with Depaul +5.5

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Checkerboard,

And Good Luck to You too!

Dan,

I am actually not too fond of DePaul here, and I am a dog player by nature. The main problem I see here is that there is a chance they may not get out of the 40s. LOL

Good Luck

Checkerboard

LT Profits, things are now under way. Let's hope the Blue Demons can muck this match up real good.

Checkerboard

Sweet.