SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

John Martin: Buckeyes -10½ at Widcats

Buckeyes -10½ at Wildcats

Game Time: 1/24/2007 8:00:00 PM
    By: John Martin
    http://www.touthouse.com

Look for the Ohio State Buckeyes to put a whipping on Northwestern once again, this time at the Wildcats' Welsh-Ryan Arena.

Ohio State just took on Northwestern a week ago and won in an absolute blowout.

The Buckeyes won the game by 32 points in a decisive 73-41 victory. Ohio State has been the favorite in the last 11 meetings and are on an 8-3 run against the spread during this span. The Buckeyes are 4-1 against the spread in their last five games overall.

Northwestern, on the other hand, is 3-8 against the spread in their last 11 games. Ohio State is 8-2 against the spread as a favorite of 10 or more points this season. Since 1997, Northwestern is 5-15 versus the numbers after a game in which they forced their opponent to commit eight or fewer turnovers.

The Buckeyes average 21 more points per game than the Wildcats this season. We fully expect a blowout of more than 20 points by Ohio State in this contest as well.

Play: Ohio State -10½

Jake38
    Jake38's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why shouldn't I play this? The Bucks beat NW by 32 points last week at home. Granted they are on the road, but just seems too good to be true? Don't think I will be able to lay off of it. Unless someone can talk me out of it.

Wassymac
    Wassymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

One reason is NW's top scorer sat out that blowout last week with a sprained ankle. He returned on Saturday against the Gophers and scored 13 off the bench. He should be good to go tonight.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Northwestern is the play.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with Razz's thoughts on this game. Northwestern is the only way to play this game.

Jake38
    Jake38's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks for your thoughts guys. Didn't know about the top scorrer being out. But I'm still feeling the Buckeyes. Looking back, Oden only contributed 5 points in that game in Columbus and is avg. 15 a game. Not to mention he scored 29 on Saturday against Iowa.

dave11486
    dave11486's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

If it seems too good to be true don't play it or go the other way. The Buckeyes should win, but Northwestern knows how to slow a game down. I think they'll make it close.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14497

I have a future on Buckeyes to win the tourney, but I don't like them to cover here. Staying away from this one.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    Northwestern is the play.
    Nice call, I thought they were gonna blow it at the end when N'Western couldn't get a defensive rebound to save their lifes, but they held on.