LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Arizona -7.5

At first glance it seems very inviting to take this many points with a 15-1 Oregon team that handed UCLA its only loss of the season.

A closer look however reveals that the oddsmakers may be setting a trap here. Arizona just may have the strongest home court advantage in basketball, and it is capable of blowing out any team at any time in this building. The Wildcats are averaging an unbelievable 90.0 points at home this season while hitting on an amazing 54.4 percent of their shots in the desert, winning those contests by a whopping average of +16.3 points per game. The Cats will have no problem getting motivated for this opponent, so we look for them to put forth a maximum effort.

Now Oregon may be 4-0 on the road, but it has hardly been impressive away from home. The Ducks needed overtime to win at Rice, won by seven points at Georgetown, by three points at Oregon State and by five points at Arizona State. We feel that Arizona represents a quantum leap over those opponents, especially in this environment, and we will call the bookmakers bluff and look for a double-digit Wildcat win here.
    Last edited by LT Profits; 01-14-07 at 10:12 AM.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Az. would be the side I too would have to take in this spot myself. The Wildcats home court advantage is worth roughly 6 points according to my numbers, and use to be more like a 8 point advantage a few years back.