imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

UCLA -2 Looks too good to be true doesn't it?

Too easy or not?

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

im going with oregon on this one.. good luck with whichever one you choose!

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Man this is a toughie. I have it at -2.5 now for me. Oregon coming off their first loss, that's the biggie here - how do they respond? I say go with experience with UCLA because I still think Oregon is getting alot in the way of points due to their early season surge which hasn't featured much but a win over an up&down Georgetown squad. The best team they played at home was USC and they got beat.

UCLA has won two straight @Oregon and the 3rd was a one point loss. Go with the Bruins baby! GL!

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

IMGV, I'm on UCLA as well... Just picked em up @ -2.5... Oregon has a real solid team this year, but UCLA will just be too strong... Oregon just lost to USC @ home who isn't half as good as the Bruins... I think this line is about 2 points too low... I'm gettin on it now because I bet it will be up a few by gametime...

Another game that caught my eye right off hand is LSU/UConn... I'm all over LSU -5 @ home against an untested UConn team... I'm making this bet simply because the UConn Athletic Director is a fvcking idiot for scheduling their first 12 games @ home... Who does this? What a recipe for disaster in conference play and the NCAA tournament with no tough road tests early! Notre Dame is in the same boat... I'll atleast give them credit for playing 1 road game @ Maryland and winning it... These AD's out there that just want to boost the tournament resume are just hurting their team come conference and NCAA tourney time... I would much rather my team go on the road and play some tough, quality teams and possibly lose a few games then play a bunch of cupcakes at home that will just roll over for you... Pretty stupid IMO...

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

No, true pk em game IMO. I would play Oregon at +4 or better, but I would be surprised to see that ever available. Good luck.

Razz

Quote Originally Posted by Peyton2MarvinN06
    LSU/UConn... I'm all over LSU -5 @ home against an untested UConn team... I'm making this bet simply because the UConn Athletic Director is a fvcking idiot for scheduling their first 12 games @ home... Who does this? What a recipe for disaster in conference play and the NCAA tournament with no tough road tests early! Notre Dame is in the same boat...
    Good post, I played the Tigers for pretty much the same reasons.

Razz

I will say this. Oregon is the first team since A&M that I think you can look at the rosters and see the dog matches up pretty well with UCLA. The Ducks probably have the best athletes of anyone in the Pac-10 other than Arizona, and they are deeper than them.
    Oregon will take the lead early, I think - UCLA has been a slow starter and I think that Oregon will come out fired up after that tough loss - and UCLA will battle back and make this a very entertaining game. I'd be surprised if either team wins by much. It's a game I will enjoy watching with no action on it.
    Last edited by Razz; 01-05-07 at 10:16 PM.

Wassymac
    Wassymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I played Oregon at +3.5. I have a ton of respect for Ben and the Bruins but this became a better spot to play Oregon after they looked past USC on Thursday. They bounce back and give UCLA their first loss IMO.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm passing on this game myself. This one does look too easy and could very well be a trap. My suggestion is wait till game time to get the best price you can if your an Oregon backer in this one.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Already got UCLA -2 and am satisfied..

Had this line at -4.5 so when I saw -2 had to take it.. Respect Oregon but nearly as much as UCLA and feel similar to Razz with UCLA being down early and climbing back and pulling away at the end..

Expecting a big game from Affalo in here he is due to score 20+

nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

UCLA owns Ducks at home and while look ahead factor legitimate influence in Southern Cal loss, SC beat them primarily with good old fashioed Defense and I expect more of the same today...

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

imgv - I agree with you on UCLA. As much of a "letdown" spot as some may thnk, I think Oregon is a bit overrated. A defensive minded Bruins squad should get the job done. I think a better matchup to go aainst UCLA on their conf road trip wilL be @ USC.

GL Bro