Quote Originally Posted by YouHave2outs View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/results?q=to...-8&sa=N&tab=w1

"No video results for “tom izzo punches aj granger”"

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA
    CBASS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Quote Originally Posted by YouHave2outs View Post
    Pepe Sanchez was 2 for 7 in the game. He scored 11 points.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gimme a break. It's easy as pie. You win, you get away with shit. Bob Knight lasted years after the choking incident because he was a winner. If this same shit surfaced tomorrow with Rick Pitino. He'd get suspended and he'd be back on the bench next year, because he wins games. Mike Rice is a loser, so he gets what losers deserve. Fact of life.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Name:  Haywood-Tiger.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  27.2 KB

At the end of the day if you win you can get away with basically anything..

in the big east alone, think about last year with what was going on at syracuse with jimmy and bernie fine , uconn having all kinds of academic issues, calpari wherever he lands, pinto with those issues, stuff at auburn, to a bit of extend you can throw the stuff in at penn state,

now tiger woods,

add in Ray Lewis look at how people love him now and he'll be working at ESPN

the list could go on forever

Nike said it best.

WINNING TAKES CARE OF EVERYTHING

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

and to a certain extend I am sure Rice got away with this at Robert Morris cause his teams were winning

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    In other words, if a tape surfaced showing a very successful coach at a very successful program acting like this in the prime of his career, would he receive a similar fate? Or is this as much about Rice's lack of success on the court as it is about his actions on these videos?

Would be interesting to see how an institution would handle the situation if the shit suddenly hit the fan with a "hot commodity" coach or a high-profile program in its prime.
    Absolutely look at bobby knight, one of the greatest coaches in history. He got run out of indiana when the choking incident happen, granted there were people in the school that wanted him out too but in this day and age of social media you can guarantee if this type of stuff gets leaked theyre getting fired everytime

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

I think you raise a good point. I don't know the answer but its not inconceivable they'd keep their jobs.

It's truly incredible that time after time these college administrations don't learn from the last cover up that failed.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

The 2nd time he threw a ball at my head he would have got his ass whipped. Rice is a product of the little guy/short man syndrome. In a position of power so he made the mistake of thinking he was some kind of bad ass. Sad.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jarvol

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by CBASS View Post
    He had nine of his points in the last two-plus minutes, including the game-winning points in a huge rally late. Do you think I'm lying?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/bas...iganst_temple/

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Absolutely look at bobby knight, one of the greatest coaches in history. He got run out of indiana when the choking incident happen, granted there were people in the school that wanted him out too but in this day and age of social media you can guarantee if this type of stuff gets leaked theyre getting fired everytime
    That's the point. Knight wasn't in his prime. Many people were basically looking for a reason to get rid of him at that time, and this was the final hit. But if something had surfaced in, say, '77 or '81 after IU's biggest seasons, would he have suffered the same fate?

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA
    CBASS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    He had nine of his points in the last two-plus minutes, including the game-winning points in a huge rally late. Do you think I'm lying?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/bas...iganst_temple/

Nope. I just think you're much smarter than creating a thread such as this. There's no way to prove it.

Harold Baines
    Harold Baines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1249

Definitely not as common these days, but this type of coaching was commonplace at all levels in all sports say 20 years ago. That doesn't make it right, but I'd argue it's not worthy of the witch hunt they have been on the past week either. Is there anyone else they are looking to make pay for this? Fukk up these days, and the PC zealots won't rest until your life is ruined.

First 12