t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

I've gotta say Cuse +2.5 looks like the best play in ages

Strongly considering making this my biggest play ever. Syracuse found it in the Big East tourney and has been building confidence ever since. Michigan is very good and everyone seems to like them - how can you not with Burke and Hardaway and a solid supporting cast - but they are young and have proven to be inconsistent over the course of the season. Let's not forget, Kansas probably should have beaten Michigan Friday night if not for an incredible comeback. Now all of a sudden Michigan is -2.5 in a Final Four matchup with Cuse?

I hate Syracuse but they have probably been the most impressive team this tourney. Not once have they looked like they might lose yet. The stupid zone defense works in college because it forces these kids to make shots and the truth is that there's not a ton of great shooters in college hoops.

Got a week to think about this game but right now I am planning on taking Syracuse +2.5 for my biggest bet ever.

Would love to get some sbr opinions in here

Gus Fring
    Gus Fring's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 745

Syracuse can go into 5-7 min scoring droughts any game. Michigan not only has great shooters, Burke can get into the paint at will. Michigan has too much momentum at the moment. Not saying michigan will win or even cover but to bet against them right now as ur biggest play is just simply retarded.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

The thought of Burke and Stauskas shooting over that zone makes my mouth water.

Bet it now if you like Cuse, I only imagine this game getting closer and closer to a pk'em as the week goes on.

BlurredOut
    BlurredOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

Syracuse is good, yes, but to say any opponent facing Michigan is a lock is just not correct.
    Michigan is a team that can legitimately win this tournament.

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

I have got to disagree, Michigan by 4

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

I'm disappointed in you t-wizz, you're suppose to continue the hate, not smarten up. Burke will be shut down and look like Jordan Hulls out there. Hardaway is going to have to take advantage of his height but I think he will settle for jumpers and take himself out of the game. Stauskas can hit a couple threes and McGary will get some offensive put backs but it won't be enough as the Zone shuts down dribble penetration from Burke. The X-factor I think is Robinson, if he can facilitate from the high post and make that mid-range shot that will change the game but I don't think he has it in him.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

T-WIZZ...i feel cuse is gonna win by 7-12 myself.....their zone/length will cause 1 shot trips and transition for cuse...

Could it be close, yes if Mich shoots well, but I think cuse is gonna earn this with muscle and just take it

Just got the feeling more less... LOL

tto827

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    I'm disappointed in you t-wizz, you're suppose to continue the hate, not smarten up. Burke will be shut down and look like Jordan Hulls out there. Hardaway is going to have to take advantage of his height but I think he will settle for jumpers and take himself out of the game. Stauskas can hit a couple threes and McGary will get some offensive put backs but it won't be enough as the Zone shuts down dribble penetration from Burke. The X-factor I think is Robinson, if he can facilitate from the high post and make that mid-range shot that will change the game but I don't think he has it in him.
    Burke single handedly beat Kansas simply by dribbling at the 3 point line and pulling up. Should be a good game, but if Michigan keeps shooting the ball the way they have been, they are not losing to anybody.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    Burke single handedly beat Kansas simply by dribbling at the 3 point line and pulling up. Should be a good game, but if Michigan keeps shooting the ball the way they have been, they are not losing to anybody.
    I'll take my chances with that, he can chuck up contested threes all game rather than get to the hole. That's our game plan and it works more often than not. Teams are shooting 15% from three in the tourney against us.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    The thought of Burke and Stauskas shooting over that zone makes my mouth water.
    this is NOT the reason why Michigan wins

teams shoot threes very poorly vs. cuse and it's not because of bad luck or because they've faced bad shooters (marquette not withstanding of course)

tto827

Cal and Marquette are two of the worst 3 point shooting teams in D1 basketball.

Montana couldn't hold onto the ball long enough to shoot a 3.

Indiana was impressive to hold to 3-15 from 3.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

theyve done it all season...theyre 3rd in D1 at 3pt % defense

Gus Fring
    Gus Fring's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 745

Watching paint dry > watching Syracuse play ball

Cuse0323

The Zone extends past the 3 point line and basically morphs between a 3-2 and 2-3. If you are going to rely on threes, the two guards and two forwards basically establish defense on the perimeter and instead of taking open 20 footers, you're looking at 21-22 footers with a defender in your hip. Beilein hasn't shown the ability to work the Zone the way it needs to be done as shown by his record against Boeheim...no wins.

tto827

I just love seeing teams play white boy bball. Especially since we're family friends with Vogrich from Michigan, and his only hope to get minutes the next couple seasons is if they decide they want a bunch of shooters.

His Dad went nuts, pretty sure it pissed off Beilen though.

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cuse will defend the outside a lot better than Florida could, Stauskas 6-6 was disgusting to see. Remember that Michigan was out of this tournament to KU, if they didnt find Trey Burke all of a sudden along with the Jayhawk choke.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by nvrlose37 View Post
    Cuse will defend the outside a lot better than Florida could, Stauskas 6-6 was disgusting to see. Remember that Michigan was out of this tournament to KU, if they didnt find Trey Burke all of a sudden along with the Jayhawk choke.
    i like cuse but dont cap this next game thinking that has anything to do with saturday's outcome....michigan lost to penn state earlier this year so how could they possibly beat florida? same sort of logic there...

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

Under maybe? Even if Michigan has has average shooting day I could still see this going under.

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    i like cuse but dont cap this next game thinking that has anything to do with saturday's outcome....michigan lost to penn state earlier this year so how could they possibly beat florida? same sort of logic there...
    Nah, I'm just saying that Mich is definitely favored due to dismantling a Florida team that did not defend and shot like a$$. Game before that they were looking to be dead without a miracle.

Diagnosis: They are inconsistent. I'll take Cuse and consistency instead.

BigDeem5

Who on Cuse can go get a bucket?

Sunderland can fire 30 fters, but MCW makes bad decisions and Triche isn't all that solid offensively. Michigan CAN Score and will SCORE... This isn't Marquette.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    The Zone extends past the 3 point line and basically morphs between a 3-2 and 2-3. If you are going to rely on threes, the two guards and two forwards basically establish defense on the perimeter and instead of taking open 20 footers, you're looking at 21-22 footers with a defender in your hip. Beilein hasn't shown the ability to work the Zone the way it needs to be done as shown by his record against Boeheim...no wins.
    You are very right. Look I hate the zone, I think all teams should have to play man. But when they are playing well and everyone is active on defense they are able to extend the zone and push teams out beyond the 3 point line. Active bodies and active hands are what makes it so effective. Marquette had success when they could pass to Gardner at the foul line but you can't rely on that as your best offense.

BigDeem5

You put GR3 or Hardaway at the FT line....

He can drive/kick to Burke or Staukas.. or dump it into McGrady..

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cuse also the much stronger team on the glass during the reg season, but i believe michigan has rebounded well in tourney

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

cuse is free money. boeheim best looking nerd coach of all time

shooterman
    shooterman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18498

Big East final. You don't have to be real sharp to call this one.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
    Cuse also the much stronger team on the glass during the reg season, but i believe michigan has rebounded well in tourney
    Cuse will kill them on the boards.

Cuse4tw
    Sharp Square
    Cuse4tw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

Cuse0323

Another huge factor is experience. Triche is a senior who has started every game and averaged over 30 wins a year. James is a senior who has finally learned how to minimize his mistakes in the zone and hit some threes, not forcing things he can't do. C.J. is a silent assassin and will be the answer to Deemer's question on who will score for the Cuse. MCW/Burke are sophomores and as much love as Burke gets and deserves, he is 6 inches shorter and hasn't seen size like this. Mike will be drafted higher as well but that doesn't matter. Michigan starts 3 freshman, if the first few shots don't fall and the Zone is disrupting them, deflecting passes and turning them over, they will tighten up. Boeheim has 3 FF's and has never lost in the semi's, Beilein's first ride.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I don't mind the zone.....I like how different teams play different defenses/styles and run different systems.....Makes NCAAB more interesting and makes you think more about each individual matchup. You don't like the zone? Beat it

That being said, I like Michigan here but its pretty close to a toss up.....Don't really see how you can make this game your biggest bet ever, on either side

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Michigan easy, them handling Florida was no joke. Michigan is playing fun and loose with house money after that lucky win vs Kansas.

Sportsbetting123
    Sportsbetting123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

I would not feel comfortable going against Michigan here.

MandaBraza
    MandaBraza's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 252

The Syracuse zone will only look good if they score on the other end otherwise Michigan pushes ball down the floor like Louisville did to them in Big East tourney.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

Looks like a loser to me. Trey Burke will find the soft spots and break that down.

isotopes
    isotopes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Didn't two wooden award finalists in Victor Oladipo and Cody Zeller, teammates on the best team in the big ten and the team that beat Michigan twice during the regular season already play the Cuse? Didn't they get run off the Court end to end? Just saying. Yes, I know different teams, different matchups blah blah blah, all I'm saying is if you really think that Michigan matches up really well against Cuse you need to slow your roll before you bet this game.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Why do people make threads like this? Games that are easily debatable and could go either are far from play of the ages

1234 Last