uvarunthetable
    uvarunthetable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3474

My worry in this game is the cuse offense. I think that Michigan will have some troubles with the cuse zone but will still get theirs (especially on the fast break if Syracuse misses shots), but I worry about Syracuse putting up enough points. I personally like the under as the best play in the game, think the line is pretty sharp (if anything maybe Cuse ML)

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    Why do people make threads like this? Games that are easily debatable and could go either are far from play of the ages
    Shhhhhhhh. Let all the Case sharps bet the line down. Public all over Syracuse. That shit zone getting all the media attention this week I love it. And sorry but just like Florida game, bad SBR bettors against Michigan again

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

I think i remember the last 2 times you made a play of the year type play they both lost.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Normal play.
    Cuse ML

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Cuse ML

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    I think i remember the last 2 times you made a play of the year type play they both lost.
    Some big plays hit, some miss. I like this one a lot.

neutral
    Update your status
    neutral's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3546

Just my 2 cents on this issue, when Florida did switch to 2-3 system, Michigan wasn't so effective, problem was Florida didn't push out to pressure Staukas [gave him same repeated looks], JB won't allow that. It was like they haven't seen how Big 10 teams took away Staukas's shooting real estate in the 2nd half of the season. This 2-3 zone looks more like the one that gave Louisville fits early in the season before Cuse finished the season like a dud.

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Louisville and Cuse are the two best teams in the country

GoBlue23
    Penetrate
    GoBlue23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3169

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    I just love seeing teams play white boy bball. Especially since we're family friends with Vogrich from Michigan, and his only hope to get minutes the next couple seasons is if they decide they want a bunch of shooters.

His Dad went nuts, pretty sure it pissed off Beilen though.
    Vogrich is a senior, guy

trevor123698
    trevor123698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

I really like both teams but I'm taking Michigan

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

What does the fact that a team was inconsistent during the season or that "they should of lost to kansas" (whatever that means) ... have anything to do w/ Saturday's game?

That being said I like Cuse as well. Their length is going to bother Michigan in this match-up. Just like it did to Indiana. I look for a very low scoring game in which the zone will really make Michigan work to get open shots. They aren't used to playing against a zone like this, and shooting 3's is not the way to beat it.

John Beilein will have to have an excellent gameplan, in which he brings Hardaway to the high post and runs baseline screen to free open shooters. Also Trey Burke likes to have the ball in his hands, well that isn't going to fly in this matchup. You have to beat the zone with the pass and they will have to reverse the ball and Mitch McGary will have to be ready to finish strong from the short corner/inside baseline.

If Hardaway/Robinson can facilitate from the high post (something they aren't accustomed of doing) then they could win this game. They need to attack high low and make that foul line jumper consistently.

They need to study the way Louisville plays them (which I'm sure they will) but of course they don't have Gorgui Dieng to run the offense against that zone.

I just think there are too many things that Michigan must to right to win this game, compared to the Orange who will just be playing their normal game. Its the big advantage of playing the way they do.

If the shots aren't falling early for Michigan it could become very frustrating, but of course they have the talent/shooters to light anyone up.

I'm surprised that Michigan is the favorite for those reasons.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    What does the fact that a team was inconsistent during the season or that "they should of lost to kansas" (whatever that means) ... have anything to do w/ Saturday's game?

That being said I like Cuse as well. Their length is going to bother Michigan in this match-up. Just like it did to Indiana. I look for a very low scoring game in which the zone will really make Michigan work to get open shots. They aren't used to playing against a zone like this, and shooting 3's is not the way to beat it.

John Beilein will have to have an excellent gameplan, in which he brings Hardaway to the high post and runs baseline screen to free open shooters. Also Trey Burke likes to have the ball in his hands, well that isn't going to fly in this matchup. You have to beat the zone with the pass and they will have to reverse the ball and Mitch McGary will have to be ready to finish strong from the short corner/inside baseline.

If Hardaway/Robinson can facilitate from the high post (something they aren't accustomed of doing) then they could win this game. They need to attack high low and make that foul line jumper consistently.

They need to study the way Louisville plays them (which I'm sure they will) but of course they don't have Gorgui Dieng to run the offense against that zone.

I just think there are too many things that Michigan must to right to win this game, compared to the Orange who will just be playing their normal game. Its the big advantage of playing the way they do.

If the shots aren't falling early for Michigan it could become very frustrating, but of course they have the talent/shooters to light anyone up.

I'm surprised that Michigan is the favorite for those reasons.

I don't have time for the write-ups like I used to. I was simply stating Cuse was inconsistent but they've found it here late and that's all that matters. It matters that Michigan should have lost to Kansas because they really were a different team from about mid-February on. They played great against Florida but they struggled for a while. They look good right now but I'm not sold.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

GL wiz

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7858

if i'm not mistaken syracuse has turned over their opponents more times than they have allowed field goals so far in this tourney. their defensive numbers across the board have been quite ungodly last couple of weeks, and that includes total domination of indiana. no way i'm betting against them. i have yet to pull the trigger but 2 and a hook is looking real good.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7858

There's some crazy stat like that. The one I posted doesn't sound possible, but they have been unreal on d.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

A lot of crazy defensive stats that I can't remember except one at the moment. During the Marquette game, they went nearly 6 and a half minutes without a FG attempt. The Syracuse D is suffocating right now, forget forcing missed shots, they're barely allowing shots at times. Trey Burke is gonna be running back and forth on the perimeter looking like a lost puppy before he chucks up a bad three.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

The only team that has beaten that zone is Louisville. They gave been outstanding,

Monchito
    Easy Come Easy Go
    Monchito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2485

good

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

game will end it a tie

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Syracuse went 5-7 to finish the regular season. People talk about them like they're unbeatable. They can't score against good teams. 60 is pushing it for them. If you take Cuse you might as well parlay with the under. If they win the scores will be in the 50's.

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10352

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
    game will end it a tie
    second that

dee_reklez187
    dee_reklez187's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 258

Syracuse mL, trey burke great player but a midget compared to carter-williams, will struggle v length and the zone D. Also no way Michigan gets as many good looks from downtown.

Wilfred
    Wilfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Syracuse went 5-7 to finish the regular season. People talk about them like they're unbeatable. They can't score against good teams. 60 is pushing it for them. If you take Cuse you might as well parlay with the under. If they win the scores will be in the 50's.
    Lucky for them Michigan isn't a great defensive team. Attack the paint.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    not sure if you watched much of that stretch but they clearly didnt give a fuk....looked like fukkin nba players after an all night bender...the last game of the reg season against gtown was appalling to watch

t-wizzle

Cuse ML has dropped roughly 20 cents. I am unloading on +2 and ML.

Quake
    Quake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

not a fan of teasers but Cuse & the Under looks pretty good

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

I'm on Michigan -1.5. The zone falls today

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Flip a coin mich by 2 its a push buy the hook either side number lands on 2

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1710

You forget to mention the beat down of Florida....... Michigan wins by 5

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Something no one is talking about .... Beilein very deeply rooted in his coaching history with using different zone defenses, including the 2-3, although most of the pub on him was for the 1-3-1 at West Virginia and beginning at Michigan. Doesn't necessarily mean shit, but I think he has a little leg up on others with knowing ways to soften up a zone from experience.

Key to me is Burke and other ballhandlers finding ways to get into the lane where they collapse the zone. Focus always seems to be on getting someone into the "soft spot" at the FT line and making plays from there. Penetration IMO makes a bigger difference. If you get inside and collapse the zone some, it opens up kick outs for threes or dish offs to cutting players.

If Michigan spends all day probing the zone from the outside with passes, they'll end up in the same boat as the other teams 'Cuse has played in the tourney. Intrigued for this one because although I am a 'Cuse follower, I've been hesitant about this team at every turn. I keep thinking their vanilla offense is going to be their downfall at some point. I still believe that with the collection of shooters left on the other three teams in the Final Four. The question obviously is can any of those coaches devise a plan to beat the 2-3? Pitino obviously has. I tend to think the other two coaches are smart enough too, but execution will tell.

Pick'nParlays
    My Wifi Name is PrettyFly4aWifi
    Pick'nParlays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 738

well said EP

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Syracuse has more black players so I give them the advantage.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

happy to see so many Cuse backers. we will take the underdog role in this one even tho "favored"

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Something no one is talking about .... Beilein very deeply rooted in his coaching history with using different zone defenses, including the 2-3, although most of the pub on him was for the 1-3-1 at West Virginia and beginning at Michigan. Doesn't necessarily mean shit, but I think he has a little leg up on others with knowing ways to soften up a zone from experience.

Key to me is Burke and other ballhandlers finding ways to get into the lane where they collapse the zone. Focus always seems to be on getting someone into the "soft spot" at the FT line and making plays from there. Penetration IMO makes a bigger difference. If you get inside and collapse the zone some, it opens up kick outs for threes or dish offs to cutting players.

If Michigan spends all day probing the zone from the outside with passes, they'll end up in the same boat as the other teams 'Cuse has played in the tourney. Intrigued for this one because although I am a 'Cuse follower, I've been hesitant about this team at every turn. I keep thinking their vanilla offense is going to be their downfall at some point. I still believe that with the collection of shooters left on the other three teams in the Final Four. The question obviously is can any of those coaches devise a plan to beat the 2-3? Pitino obviously has. I tend to think the other two coaches are smart enough too, but execution will tell.
    That's why Michigan can handle this. Burke is so clever.

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Syracuse has more black players so I give them the advantage.

First 1234 Last