SilverTongueFox
    SilverTongueFox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5303

Canes fouling down 20 to push it over / Ducks not fouling down 8 to cover

It's so obvious everyone on the floor knows the spread/total. No way to win betting these games. Obvious fixes. Yes I was on the under last night and Louisville tonight. Oregon takes a quick layoff to beat spread and camera on coach yelling "don't foul. Don't foul." Never seen a more obvious fix. So pissed.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

It's pretty obvious Oregon was trying to lose by single digits.

Why call a timeout down 10 with 45 seconds to go. Then take your time trying to run a play which ends up taking 15 seconds. Then you scream don't foul to your team when they're down 8 with 30 seconds to go....

lol. Thank god I was on the right side of that.

Mozzie7
    Mozzie7's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverTongueFox View Post
    It's so obvious everyone on the floor knows the spread/total. No way to win betting these games. Obvious fixes. Yes I was on the under last night and Louisville tonight. Oregon takes a quick layoff to beat spread and camera on coach yelling "don't foul. Don't foul." Never seen a more obvious fix. So pissed.
    I am sure it was all about the fix and nothing to do with respect. Its disrespectful to the other team to foul when there is less than 30 seconds left in the game and a 3+ possession game. I am sorry you lost on a bad beat, but not everything is a conspiracy...

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

WAhhhh. My bet lost must be a fix! Wahhhh!!!!!!!

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

It smells funny...

Crate Mayne
    Crate Mayne's Avatar Become A Pro!

There's no crying in betting

SilverTongueFox

Quote Originally Posted by Mozzie7 View Post
    I am sure it was all about the fix and nothing to do with respect. Its disrespectful to the other team to foul when there is less than 30 seconds left in the game and a 3+ possession game. I am sorry you lost on a bad beat, but not everything is a conspiracy...
    Canes didn't think so last night as they continued to foul down 5+ possessions. Has nothing to do with respect. Ain't buying it!

SilverTongueFox

Quote Originally Posted by Crate Mayne View Post
    There's no crying in betting
    My thread so I will cry if I want to.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

I'm not buying the Miami game-- if there was a fix it wouldn't be on the total. Vegas already raked in money on Miami ML/spread backers.

Tonight was another story.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

Holy crap, I'm told the OP just won a new car and other valuable prizes for being the 1000th poster at SBR to start a 'fix' thread.

polishkielbasa10
    polishkielbasa10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4789

penetrating Louisville. Missed ft, siva gets tied up, smith hands it to Oregon dribbling. Wtf did I just see???

polishkielbasa10
    polishkielbasa10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4789

Oh....and KU up 5 with 21 secs to go and lose??? You've gotta be kidding me

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2786

Bunch of idiots on this forum...coaches and teams don't care about point spreads...too much at risk....sure there have been point shaving scandals in the past, but that is the exception, not the rule.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by polishkielbasa10 View Post
    Oh....and KU up 5 with 21 secs to go and lose??? You've gotta be kidding me
    Michigan dude hit a miracle 3. What ya going to do?
    He hit a 20 to 1 shot in that spot. In other words, if that situation presented itself 19 more times, that shot would have been a brick.

Did you see the UConn v.Notre Dame Big East championship game (women's) last week?
    UConn is up three, spread is +2, UConn up 3, ND ball, heaves a 3 point prayer at the buzzer, ball hits the *bottom* of the rim, bounces straight up to the backboard, ricochets through the nets. Overtime we go.
    Do I need to tell you how o/t went?

It's gambling, balls bounce funny ways, and if anybody can't take bad beats, then they should look into stamp collecting.

SilverTongueFox

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Holy crap, I'm told the OP just won a new car and other valuable prizes for being the 1000th poster at SBR to start a 'fix' thread.
    Fukin aye! I've never won a new car. This is so exciting! Thanks for letting me know this Nash.

stevenash

Fukin aye! I've never won a new car. This is so exciting! Thanks for letting me know this Nash.
    You are a good sport, just roll with it

Better luck tomorrow.
    Peace

Mozzie7
    Mozzie7's Avatar Become A Pro!

Canes didn't think so last night as they continued to foul down 5+ possessions. Has nothing to do with respect. Ain't buying it!
    Very different situation - Miami starting fouling down 15 with 5 mins to go, in that situation you are just trying to extend the game. Not a great strategy, but it would have worked had Marquette not connected on the FT's seeing as Miami hit 5 3's in the last 5 minutes.

SilverTongueFox

Very different situation - Miami starting fouling down 15 with 5 mins to go, in that situation you are just trying to extend the game. Not a great strategy, but it would have worked had Marquette not connected on the FT's seeing as Miami hit 5 3's in the last 5 minutes.
    Of course its different different. I'm talking about the over/under in te Canes game. Total was set at 127. It's 69-56 and Canes miss three pointer w/ under 45 ticks left. Marq grabs board and Canes foul immediately. No sense in fouling when down that many unless you know the total. Just my feeling!

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Of course its different different. I'm talking about the over/under in te Canes game. Total was set at 127. It's 69-56 and Canes miss three pointer w/ under 45 ticks left. Marq grabs board and Canes foul immediately. No sense in fouling when down that many unless you know the total. Just my feeling!
    Stop whining. You really think those kids have any idea what the totals are? They don't give 2 sh its if it goes over or under.

SilverTongueFox

Quote Originally Posted by ShogunRua View Post
    Stop whining. You really think those kids have any idea what the totals are? They don't give 2 sh its if it goes over or under.
    It was my money that was lost so I'm going to whine if I want to whine. Game went over bc somebody new something.

ronniejamedio
    ronniejamedio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2250

With 90 seconds left down by 10 they didn't foul to "extend the game", as every other team in this tournament would of done. You want to give your team a chance to win, even if it is a long shot miracle. He was obviously playing a number rather to win. Not saying he was playing to rig, he certainly could of been wanting to go down in the books as losing to a tough team by single digits. Perfect example of going for the miracle with Miami; they played that game till the final second, even though they were never closer than 10.

ronniejamedio
    ronniejamedio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2250

FYI: Gulf Coast fouled down by 10 with 25 secs left.... What does that tell us?