DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Thursday plays: Cuse, Wich, U

We got four games tomorrow and I'm not touching the Zona/Ohio St game.

Cuse +5.5. They got good bigs that can make Zeller struggle. Their zone D will trip up IU as the Hoosiers haven't seen anything like it all year. Orange has offensive threats in MCW, Dirty South, Triche & Fair and they can keep up in scoring with IU. From what I've seen this year the Cuse only struggles against teams with good defense - and I wouldn't say Indiana has good D.

Wichita state ML - their defense should give La Salle a struggle. If La Salle ain't hittin their 3s it's a loss for them. Also the Explorers have no bigs and get out rebounded often, they run a 4-gaurd set while the Shockers 2 best scorers are 6'8 & 6'11 Early & Hall. Wichy has been getting major offense from bench ayers hitting long shots lately too.

Miami U ML - I've been down on Marquette all year and still say it, they can't win away from home. They have poor 3pt shooting defense and struggle against good bigs. That's what the U is. Johnson being out doesn't hurt too much as Gamble is the starter and playing well.

What are your thoughts on these 3 plays tomorrow????

redsox9985
    redsox9985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 213

Personally, I like the Wichita State money line play (may wait and see if the spread drops a bit and play that as well). However, Marquette has some momentum after squeaking out 2 straight wins against tough teams. I just look at the way Miami struggled against Illinois and this is a hard one for me. If I had to lean, I would definitely be on Miami but not sure if I'm going to play it yet. I also like your Syracuse pick, I don't like them to win but I feel like it should be a relatively close game.

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm w/ u on cuse and Shockers. Already locked in Marquette +6 b/c it just seemed like too many points

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Yeah idk about the U covering 6 pts, I imagine that will go down with the news of Reggie Johnson being out. But I really like the ML and may use it in a ML parlay.

Miami struggled against an Illinois team that is VERY dangerous when they're shooting hot. Marquette rarely gets hot outside of their own gym. Marquette also doesn't strike me as a physical team either tho.

Furthermore, Marquette never seems to shut down teams from the 3 arc - even teams that don't shoot necessarily high percentage from 3. Miami has 3 or 4 guys shooting 35%+ from 3 and this should be a major advantage for them.

Joe Sharp
    Joe Sharp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8703

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    From what I've seen this year the Cuse only struggles against teams with good defense - and I wouldn't say Indiana has good D.

Did you do any research on this? Indiana plays great D. They play uptempo so their opponents score some points but they ended the year ranked 19th in the entire NCAA div 1. Cuse actually finished 7th... But your evaluation of IU D is off.

Doesn't mean your play won't hit... Good Luck.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

IU ranked 19th in defense how? Are you talking kenpom, ppg, ppp...?

Joe Sharp

NCAA BB Team Defensive Efficiency
    Via TeamRankings

1 Ste F Austin
    2 Louisville
    3 Florida
    4 Savannah St
    5 Middle Tenn
    6 Georgetown
    7 Syracuse
    8 Kansas
    9 Southern
    10 St Louis
    11 Cincinnati
    12 Stony Brook
    13 Wisconsin
    14 LA Tech
    15 Virginia
    16 Oregon
    17 Hampton
    18 Pittsburgh
    19 Indiana
    20 Ohio State
    21 NC Central
    22 Michigan State
    23 Gonzaga
    24 UNLV
    25 Oklahoma St

Joe Sharp

Even if you don't like the source or the stats:

Victor Oladipo is the Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year.... That alone proves that they have some "good D".

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

cuse ml

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    We got four games tomorrow and I'm not touching the Zona/Ohio St game.

Cuse +5.5. They got good bigs that can make Zeller struggle. Their zone D will trip up IU as the Hoosiers haven't seen anything like it all year. Orange has offensive threats in MCW, Dirty South, Triche & Fair and they can keep up in scoring with IU. From what I've seen this year the Cuse only struggles against teams with good defense - and I wouldn't say Indiana has good D.

Wichita state ML - their defense should give La Salle a struggle. If La Salle ain't hittin their 3s it's a loss for them. Also the Explorers have no bigs and get out rebounded often, they run a 4-gaurd set while the Shockers 2 best scorers are 6'8 & 6'11 Early & Hall. Wichy has been getting major offense from bench ayers hitting long shots lately too.

Miami U ML - I've been down on Marquette all year and still say it, they can't win away from home. They have poor 3pt shooting defense and struggle against good bigs. That's what the U is. Johnson being out doesn't hurt too much as Gamble is the starter and playing well.

What are your thoughts on these 3 plays tomorrow????
    Well 2/3 ain't bad. Never could have guessed Miami would come out shooting <40% FG and <30% from 3. Idk what happened, they went ice cold. But my Cuse and Shockers analysis were spot on. More plays coming out for tomorrow boys, lets get it.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Hey Dom Torento , i gotta say man you are pretty sharp.

Keep up the good work, just dont let it get to your head and get too cocky. Very sharp analysis.

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
    cuse ml

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Hey Dom Torento , i gotta say man you are pretty sharp.

Keep up the good work, just dont let it get to your head and get too cocky. Very sharp analysis.
    Thanks man. Trust me it's not getting to my head, all I can do is give smart breakdowns but its on the players whether I win or lose.