15805's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16182

+800 now, worth a shot. They whipped Georgetown badly, Georgetown & Florida on neutral site would be pickem.

Ron29301
    This is What I Do Do...
    Ron29301's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 364

Keep pounding guys.

OneTouch00
    OneTouch00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 222

lets not forget florida lost to arkansas and gulf coast seem like they could easily beat arkansas so its gonna be a game.

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    But lost to Maine, Mercer, East Tenn. State, Stetson (twice) and Lipscomb (twice)
    No shit Sherlock, could you come up with some more useless information?

ramones951
    ramones951's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 891

Quote Originally Posted by nvrlose37 View Post
    All that can be said is Florida won't win a close one. It'll be a 25 pt drudging by the Gators or FGCU pulls it out.
    Never understood this "logic". So you're telling me there's a great chance the game will be close, but if it is, the better team won't have a chance to come out on top?

Ron29301
    This is What I Do Do...
    Ron29301's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 364

ODDS TO WIN 2012-13 NCAA BASKETBALL CHAMPIONSHIP
    [13059] FIELD
    +7000$500.00$35000.00

A little tempting. Hoping to continue a monstrous week leading up to Friday. I'll make my decision by Thursday.

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ramones951 View Post
    Never understood this "logic". So you're telling me there's a great chance the game will be close, but if it is, the better team won't have a chance to come out on top?
    Sometimes logic doesnt answer it. When was the last time Florida won a close game? It actually does have something to do with the psyche; if the game is close, Florida players may be so pissed they aren't winning by a landslide that they will make $hit shots or tighten up. FGCU would become clutch in that situation.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

Quote Originally Posted by ramones951 View Post
    No shit Sherlock, could you come up with some more useless information?
    Hey Dee-Dee, or is it Joey, my point went so far over your head.
    He named decent teams they beat, I countered with the crappy teams they lost to.

Brebos
    Brebos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 271

If I make some good moneeehhheehh tonight im putting a little cashis on florida gulf to win the tournament and to be the south region winnah!!

onacloud
    onacloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

FGCU ML

Walulu
    Walulu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3239

Putting money on them to win the whole show is ludicrous...covering a spread I can see.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by 15805 View Post
    +800 now, worth a shot. They whipped Georgetown badly, Georgetown & Florida on neutral site would be pickem.
    Actually Florida would be -5.5 against Georgetown if they played in say, St. Loius

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

they played in the regular season and FLorida was -3.5 pre Whittington being gone

stevenash

Final Dunkel numbers have Florida -5.5 better

http://www.dunkelindex.com/NCAA_Bask...ankings(1).asp

Final Sagarin numbers have Florida 5.5 better.

http://sagarin.com/sports/cbsend.htm

If I went to KenPom's site I am pretty sure the numbers would be the same.

These are mathematical geniuses, their numbers are relevant and paid attention too
    Very rarely do their numbers deviate from the Vegas lines.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

florida gulf coast is not getting blown out lol.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

They played and in the first half UF was kicking Georgetowns ass prior to the carrier getting all slippery and shit. GT was struggling mightily to make shots and the Gators were poised to turn that game into a blowout. I was really hoping Florida would have been able to make up that game with GT again Friday but Cinderella got a ticket to the dance.

Anything can happen because it's sports but UF has won 28 games by double digits this year. This is a business trip and they are all business right now. Wilbekin is going to D up Comer like he was stickem. Don't expect a lot of running and gunning for alley oops either. UF has a huge height advantage in this game and a smothering defense that will force FGCU to make jump shots. This is a 25+ beat down in the making but feel good about your ML bets. They may serve as great kindling when it's cold outside.

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    they played in the regular season and FLorida was -3.5 pre Whittington being gone

stevenash

^
    They haven't seen a defense like the Gators.
    I'm going around in circles here, they will not be allowed to go off shooting.
    Fielier will not get his 12 and 5 Friday night, he's a string bean at 205.
    Murphy and Young will rag doll him all night. Young is a beast at 270 lbs.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I think you're crazy to touch either DD dog this week (Oregon or FGC).

mcduggly
    mcduggly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2401

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I think you're crazy to touch either DD dog this week (Oregon or FGC).
    Oregon is a better play than FGCU I think, but I agree that neither should be touched.

VyperATS
    VyperATS's Avatar Become A Pro!

U bank with Florida Gulf Coast!! Period!!!god knows I have! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ sharps best team to roll with!!

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

+13, sure. ML, no.

Dilo
    Big bets win big money
    Dilo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 953

who does this gulf coast team have that can hang with the gators?

gutshotlebron
    gutshotlebron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

fgcu all da way

mcduggly

Quote Originally Posted by Dilo View Post
    Nobody, which is why they were/are a 15 seed. The only thing that got them this far is that they play well collectively as a team.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3364

Quote Originally Posted by mcduggly View Post
    Nobody, which is why they were/are a 15 seed. The only thing that got them this far is that they play well collectively as a team.
    Jeff Van Gundy spoke highly of FGCU talent last night during the Heat Game. But I guess what the fuk does he know. But they have beaten Miami/Georgetown and unless those teams just shit the bed they have some talent. Rubber meets the Road this Friday Night in Arlington, TX.

mcduggly

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Jeff Van Gundy spoke highly of FGCU talent last night during the Heat Game. But I guess what the fuk does he know. But they have beaten Miami/Georgetown and unless those teams just shit the bed they have some talent. Rubber meets the Road this Friday Night in Arlington, TX.
    They definitely do have talent from what I've seen, but they don't have a standout guy who will get drafted in the first round of the NBA draft anytime soon.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3364

They definitely do have talent from what I've seen, but they don't have a standout guy who will get drafted in the first round of the NBA draft anytime soon.
    Agreed. But how many 1st round picks are on Florida's team? Checked out a couple of mocks and did not see one Fla player going in 1st round. It will be an interesting game.

Brebos

why is everyone on fgc all of a sudden, way to jinx the win

THE HITMAN
    THE HITMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16230

Guess I just don't have the balls

mcduggly

Agreed. But how many 1st round picks are on Florida's team? Checked out a couple of mocks and did not see one Fla player going in 1st round. It will be an interesting game.
    Good call, I didn't even think about the other side. I still think they have a several guys that would be drafted though. Maybe not first round, but they should be drafted somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Brebos View Post
    why is everyone on fgc all of a sudden, way to jinx the win

From the responses on this thread, I don't think many people are taking them to win. If anything, they're just taking the points.

stevenash

P.T. Barnum said it best

Top NCAABB Public Bets

#1 789 Santa Clara 93%
    #2 783 Providence 83%
    #3 879 Florida Gulf Coast 72%
    #4 810 Miami Florida 71%
    #5 791 Oral Roberts 67%
    #6 814 Wichita State 62%
    #7 875 Michigan State 60%
    #8 780 Virginia 59%
    #9 669 Bradley 58%
    #10 665 Evansville 58%

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Huh, most mock drafts only include seniors or guys that are sure to declare. UF has only 3 seniors.

Kenny Boynton - McDonalds all American out of HS (#8 player in the nation). Considered the 38th ranked senior. He will probably go undrafted or late 2nd round.

Erik Murphy - Parade All American considered an early 2nd round pick

Mike Rosario - McDonalds All American, led St Anthony's to a 32-0 #1 team in America. One of the most prolific scorers in prep school. Transferred from Rutgers and redid himself under Donovan. Considered an early 2nd rounder.

I think Murphy and Rosario will end up 1st rounders after pro camps.

Patric Young would have been a 1st rounder if he came out last year. He's dropped a bit this year but can make up some next year. Scottie Wilbekin will be a solid pick as a lock down defender. Michael Frazier II is going to be a top 10 when it's all said and done. Kid can shoot lights out.

Billy Donovan plays a style of basketball that does not accentuate any one player. Guys learn fundamentals and how to play quality basketball. Look at the NBA talent he has put out in the last decade. Calipari may put out more guys but are they as solid as BD's?

Just the other week there were several articles talking about how so many Gator players were having tremendous performances. Here's a cut/paste of one.

Joakim Noah, Chicago Bulls (C): Noah concluded the month of February with a spectacular triple-double against Philadelphia, which included 23 points, 21 rebounds and 11 blocked shots. He then opened March by posting two more double-doubles in back-to-back games against Brooklyn and Indiana.
    Al Horford, Atlanta Hawks (C): Horford has averaged just over 20 points in the Hawks’ first three games in March, including a double-double against Denver where he scored 18 points and grabbed 13 rebounds.
    Chandler Parsons, Houston Rockets (F): The most amazing performance of the past week belongs to Parsons, who scored a career high 32 points on 12-13 shooting (6-of-7 from the three-point line) against Dallas on March 3. Parsons became the first player since Larry Bird to score 30-plus points, while shooting 92 percent or better and attempting at least five three-pointers according to ESPN.
    Marreese Speights, Cleveland Cavaliers (F-C): The most surprising performance of the week was former Gator Speights’ 23-point performance against the New York Knicks on March 4. At one point in the game, Speights was a perfect 10-for-10.
    Which ex-Gator had the most impressive week in the NBA

Submit Vote vote to see results

Bradley Beal, Washington Wizards (G): Rookie Beal scored a career high 29 points and grabbed 11 rebounds against the Knicks on March 1 at Madison Square Garden.
    David Lee, Golden State Wartriors (F-C): Lee, the veteran of this group of ex-Gators, notched a double-double in each of his three games this week, including a 29-point, 11-rebound performance against Toronto on March 4.
    Corey Brewer, Denver Nuggets (F): Brewer, coming off the bench, led Denver in scoring with 22 points, as the Nuggets won their 10th in a row by beating the Atlanta Hawks 104-88 on March 4.

Last edited by Mac4Lyfe; 03-26-13 at 07:02 PM.

qb1789
    qb1789's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 368

Quote Originally Posted by Dilo View Post
    Dude with dreads and the white point guard are pretty damn good. Think Billy Donovan schemes them and goes inside out seeing as they have no one who can hang with Patty Young down low.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7882

my only concern is the way florida tends to give up leads in the second half and the way golf coast (as big john thompson calls them) seems to surge in the second half. i may stick to florida first half, which i never do.

Brebos

Good call, I didn't even think about the other side. I still think they have a several guys that would be drafted though. Maybe not first round, but they should be drafted somewhere.

From the responses on this thread, I don't think many people are taking them to win. If anything, they're just taking the points.
    goood good, people need to pound the gators to make the ML on fgc a bit higher, I want MAX CASH I'm going to need a truck to pick up my winnings, get money

First 123 Last