McDabs
    McDabs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5288

Kansas -2 v Michigan

Where does this line end up...?

I've taken Michigan and Kansas so far and really like both teams but I'm liking Kansas to take this one and don't know whether to buy a point and settle for -1 or wait for a better number. This thing either ends up going to a PK or Kansas-3.5 but which way will it be going??
    Last edited by McDabs; 03-24-13 at 11:50 PM.

bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8991

Should be Michigan -2

Dirty D
    Dirty D's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

I was just sitting here pondering the saame thing... I am also curious where Oregon Ducks go. The way they are playing, I'm not sure an NBA team could beat them by 10. Nervous the ducks line will go down but at the same time, a lot of public should be on Louisville for name recognition.

As far as Kansas, I don't see any way they win by less than 8. They only played for 10 minutes today and routed UNC and UNC was scrapping all game.

WIll be interesting to see where they go

Owls
    Owls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 809

I think the line stays around -2, it is -1.5 at Pinny. I am leaning Kansas in this game, but probably won't play it.

Isaiah
    Isaiah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6957

I'm on Kansas. Love how the Jayhawks match-up against the Wolverines.

Some interesting insight from blogger Brad Evans:
    "defensively Michigan is more ferret than Wolverine, a harbinger of future disappointment to come. VCU, in 2011, is the only tournament team since 2000 to advance to the Final Four sporting a defensive efficiency rank north of No. 40. Currently, Michigan checks in at No. 57 in that category. Spanked on the glass, vulnerable in transition and generally generous, it's simply too accommodating. Blinding opponents with its retina-damaging florescent yellow uniforms hasn't even helped. Over their past 12 games, the Wolverines have surrendered an appalling 1.09 points per possession. Heck, Wisconsin, a team known for its prolonged droughts, dropped 48 points in one half against them in the Big Ten Tourney. They clamped-down on rival Michigan State March 3 forcing 18 turnovers while holding the Spartans to a modest 40.5 percent from the floor, but if a similar effort isn’t exuded consistently in the second season an early exit seems likely..."
    Last edited by Isaiah; 03-24-13 at 11:48 PM.

nyymvp
    nyymvp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1908

Michigan is a much different team with McGary starting.

McDabs

Kansas just feels like the play to me... If they can play anywhere close to way they did in the 2nd half today, I think they win this game. Regardless of seeding, Kansas has more talent on the floor. If they can execute and find away to turn all those turnovers into some shot attempts, they will be a dangerous team.

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1789

its kansas guys they outscored nc without their "best" player in mclemore doing anything if he plays to his capability they should go the whole way. In every game kansas plays they know they have the best center on the court and if mclemore plays to what all these scouts are saying the best 2 guard on the court.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3365

Think KU is the better team. Will play them on ML.

McDabs

What would you guess the ML opens at? I really just want to get the best price I can on Kansas whether that be the ML or me eating a point and riding with -1 @ -130. If they win by 1 and I push I can live with it but I'll never play a -1.5 spread in hoops again in my life after being burned by that half point on more than a few occasions.

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Like KU but could see this line moving closer to pk. Michigan had 2 very favorable match ups w/ SDSU and VCU but that will end when they face the Jayhawks.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3365

Quote Originally Posted by McDabs View Post
    What would you guess the ML opens at? I really just want to get the best price I can on Kansas whether that be the ML or me eating a point and riding with -1 @ -130. If they win by 1 and I push I can live with it but I'll never play a -1.5 spread in hoops again in my life after being burned by that half point on more than a few occasions.
    Minus 135 at 5D.

McDabs

Just locked in Kansas ML (-130)

Hard to say which way it goes from here but I wasn't seeing myself being able to get a better number as the week progresses... If it does drop closer to a PK towards tipoff (doubt it) I may make another play on them or throw them in a parlay. Unfortunately this part of the tourney is going to be the hardest to call and have no idea who to pair them with. I don't know if its just me, but this weekend was pretty kind towards me for the most part, even with some really tough breaks with Gonzaga and then Miami -5 last night (bought 1/2 a point early on)...

The rest of the games (including this one even) are really tough calls and almost all toss ups from here on out. I'm going to try to proceed with caution LOL

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by McDabs View Post
    Kansas just feels like the play to me... If they can play anywhere close to way they did in the 2nd half today, I think they win this game. Regardless of seeding, Kansas has more talent on the floor. If they can execute and find away to turn all those turnovers into some shot attempts, they will be a dangerous team.
    lol wut????