jjacks60
    jjacks60's Avatar Become A Pro!

Testing out new NCAAB Betting Formula

I am testing a sports betting formula/method I worked tediously over. So this is more of a test run to see how it performs with picks today. Picks are in order of confidence that I got through my formula system.

5* Confidence
    Southern Miss -6
    Indiana -7.5

4* Confidence
    Duke -19.5
    Longwood +12.5
    Campbell -3
    Miami OH +16
    Liberty +9.5
    Bowling Green +8
    Ball St. +9.5
    St. Johns +9.5

3* UNLV -7.5
    Ohio -4.5
    Ole Miss -5
    Rutgers +7
    Eastern Michigan +3
    Northern Illinois +11
    Providence -8.5
    UTEP -3

Again these are in specific order of how the ranked on the formula's confidence scale. Today's pool is mostly a large sample to gather better intel and try to improve the system if possible. I tested it on games earlier in the year and compared it to their actual point differentials and they were very close. If this works for College basketball I think it could also be used for the NBA but I have yet to test that theory. 5* I am extremely confident about based on the scales results. 4* I would say 60-80% certain. 3* 50-60%.
    We shall see how the night cap turns out.
    Last edited by jjacks60; 03-05-13 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Added more games that I input into formula

jjacks60

Quote Originally Posted by jjacks60 View Post
    I am testing a sports betting formula/method I worked tediously over. So this is more of a test run to see how it performs with picks today. Picks are in order of confidence that I got through my formula system.

5* Confidence
    Southern Miss -6 X
    Indiana -7.5

4* Confidence
    Duke -19.5
    Longwood +12.5
    Campbell -3

Miami OH +16
    Liberty +9.5
    Bowling Green +8 Push
    Ball St. +9.5
    St. Johns +9.5 X

3* UNLV -7.5
    Ohio -4.5
    Ole Miss -5
    Rutgers +7
    Eastern Michigan +3
    Northern Illinois +11 X
    Providence -8.5
    UTEP -3

Again these are in specific order of how the ranked on the formula's confidence scale. Today's pool is mostly a large sample to gather better intel and try to improve the system if possible. I tested it on games earlier in the year and compared it to their actual point differentials and they were very close. If this works for College basketball I think it could also be used for the NBA but I have yet to test that theory. 5* I am extremely confident about based on the scales results. 4* I would say 60-80% certain. 3* 50-60%.
    We shall see how the night cap turns out.
    So far 9-3-1 however Indiana and UNLV are losing. I should probably reevaluate the confidence points on the system considering my two sure picks are probably going 0-2. Regardless here are tomorrow's picks I've calculated thus far.

Florida Gulf Coast -5.5
    Dayton -7
    Charlotte -2.5
    Fordham +10.5
    La Salle -9.5
    UNC Pick
    St. Joes -10
    LSU +4
    NM -6.5

May put in more.

jjacks60

Quote Originally Posted by jjacks60 View Post

5* Confidence
    Southern Miss -6 X
    Indiana -7.5 X

4* Confidence
    Duke -19.5
    Longwood +12.5
    Campbell -3
    Miami OH +16
    Liberty +9.5

Bowling Green +8 Push
    Ball St. +9.5
    St. Johns +9.5 X

3* UNLV -7.5 X
    Ohio -4.5
    Ole Miss -5 X
    Rutgers +7
    Eastern Michigan +3

Northern Illinois +11 X
    Providence -8.5
    UTEP -3

Record ytd 11-6-1

Tomorrow's slate
    Florida Gulf Coast -5.5
    Dayton -7
    Charlotte -2.5
    Fordham +10.5
    La Salle -9.5
    UNC Pick
    St. Joes -10
    LSU +4
    NM -6.5
    SDSU -11
    Stanford +4
    USC +5
    Xavier +3.5
    ISU -1.5
    Tulsa -4.5

Will be betting equally on them this time, as the confidence points seemed to be irrelevant in the system. Highest rated is Fordham +10.5, Xavier +3.5, Charlotte -2.5, Dayton -7, USC +5, ISU -1.5 in that order. The rest are pretty much equal in terms of their value in my the scale. BOL tomorrow.