SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Marc Lawrence: Going with Gophers over Knights

Going with Gophers over Knights

Game Time: 12/12/2006 8:00:00 PM

By: Marc Lawrence
    Marc Lawrence's Playbook: Free and Guaranteed Picks

Off to a rough 4-7 start on the season, the Minnesota Golden Gophers look to get back on track this evening at home in the Williams Arena versus the Central Florida Knights in a non-conference battle. Generally tough at home, can the Gophers get it done tonight and start to turn their season around?

The Golden Gophers play host to Central Florida in this non-conference clash knowing this is the Golden Knights' first road game of the season.

Central Florida (6-0) is led by Jermaine Taylor (So, 6-4) who is averaging 17.5 points per game, much of that coming in the team's first two games against Rollins and Stetson. In the four games since then, Taylor's numbers are down to 14 per contest. Mike O'Donnell (Jr, 6-0) and Chip Cartwright (Jr, 6-0) each have a team-high 4.2 assists while Tony Davis (Fr, 6-7) is the Golden Knights' leading rebounder at 6.7 per game.

Minnesota (4-7) is coming off a tough loss at home Saturday night when they dropped a 67-66 decision to Arkansas-Little Rock. The Gophers allowed the Trojans to score the winning bucket with less than five seconds to play, then missed a pair of free throws with just a tick left on the clock that would have snatched a victory from defeat.

Junior guard Lawrence McKenzie leads Minnesota with 17.4 points per game, with Dan Coleman (Jr, 6-9) and Spencer Tollackson (Jr, 6-9) contributing 15.3 and 12.1 points respectively.

Look for Minnesota to play strong at home and prevail here tonight.

Play: Minnesota -3½
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 08-05-14 at 04:33 PM.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm like Central FL. in this game myself.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

i got minnesota as well.. the big ten season is about to start and minn needs to play well or their done when big ten play starts

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

if I would have bet on this game, I would have had to check into a clinic...nice call though...