Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Why Is Tennessee +9.5 Tomorrow Against Florida?

What's going on with this line? Tennessee has been playing some really good ball the last 2 weeks, why are they 9.5 dogs at home? I know Florida is good, but they've looked shaky against quality SEC opponents on the road (Arkansas, Missouri).

Tennessee looks like a no-brainer here? What am I missing here? Is this one of those "trap" games that I don't know about?

hdrizzle21
    hdrizzle21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 480

Only thing I can think of is Tennessee coming off a 4 OT game in Texas on Saturday... But Tennessee has won 10 out of 14 in this match-up.

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by hdrizzle21 View Post
    Only thing I can think of is Tennessee coming off a 4 OT game in Texas on Saturday... But Tennessee has won 10 out of 14 in this match-up.
    I was kinda thinking the same but I could care less if some college kids played an extra 20 minutes of basketball 3 days ago.

tonyt123
    tonyt123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

Hey Speedy Im a student here at UF and love the bball so Im informed on it, I wouldnt recommend this bet. If Florida has a chance to put some points between them tomorrow Tenn won't catch them again. Final sprint of the season is comin and coach has been preaching some mental toughness going into these last games... that being said Tenn has played some impressive ball lately, but the key is that its IMPRESSIVE not really expected so who knows how it will fare against Patrick Young on the block and Roario/Wilbekin/etcetc. on the perimeter.... just my two cents haha.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

There is nothing wrong with this line, I figured it would be -10. I don't have an opinion on it yet though.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    There is nothing wrong with this line, I figured it would be -10. I don't have an opinion on it yet though.
    You did, or KenPom did?

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    You did, or KenPom did?
    Pomeroy has -13

Speedy88

Line still seems weird to me. I was expecting Florida to be around -7ish.

tonyt123
    tonyt123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

Frazier is also out so the rotation is thinning out, but I believe Florida will take care of business tomorrow. They are too balanced and extremely well coached.

thfootball
    thfootball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7659

i can't go that extra overtime stuff either of being tired, wasn't it last year the team that one march madness played 5 games in 5 days.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

really not much point in making them any smaller of a fav,,,when the last time gators won a gm by less than 10?

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    really not much point in making them any smaller of a fav,,,when the last time gators won a gm by less than 10?
    Not at all this year, closest win was by 13 points.

king_danilo92
    king_danilo92's Avatar Become A Pro!

how about the over 124, seems pretty low?

Speedy88

Not at all this year, closest win was by 13 points.
    So I guess it's Florida spread or Tennessee ML then huh?

I'm most likely going to be on Tenn spread and sprinkle some on the ML. Don't see why Tennessee can't hang here. Hard to pass up a 9 point home dog on national TV.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by king_danilo92 View Post
    how about the over 124, seems pretty low?
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post

So I guess it's Florida spread or Tennessee ML then huh?

I'm most likely going to be on Tenn spread and sprinkle some on the ML. Don't see why Tennessee can't hang here. Hard to pass up a 9 point home dog on national TV.
    The risks to both of those is Tennessee may not score enough. Florida ranks second in the country in defensive efficiency, fifth in effective field goal percentage allowed, fourth in two-point defense and 26th in three-point defense. Tennessee is 167th in eFG%, 112th in 2-pt% and 262nd in 3-pt%. With all of that said, I have no interest in laying this many points on the road and the 124 seems to be spot on to me so I'll just pass.

Da Beer Guy
    Da Beer Guy's Avatar Become A Pro!

line seems a bit fishy.
    maybe a trap?

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Da Beer Guy View Post
    line seems a bit fishy.
    maybe a trap?
    How is the line fishy and a trap for who?

Da Beer Guy
    Da Beer Guy's Avatar Become A Pro!

How is the line fishy and a trap for who?
    a trap for Florida bettors. Florida is a much better team and on a neutral court would win by 25-30 points.

But Florida is about to play in a hostile enviorment like they have never seen before infront of thousands of hilly billy back country drunk red necks that have been sippin moonshine all day.

Those kids will shit their pants in this enviorment.

Tennesee is a barking dog tonight

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

College kids don't drink moonshine try Miller Lt. or flavored vodka

LT Profits

a trap for Florida bettors. Florida is a much better team and on a neutral court would win by 25-30 points.

But Florida is about to play in a hostile enviorment like they have never seen before infront of thousands of hilly billy back country drunk red necks that have been sippin moonshine all day.

See and the OP is questioning why the line is so HIGH with Tennessee seemingly playing well lately. That only supports my belief that the line is "right" with guys making cases for both sides.

Hotpicks
    Relaxing with experience
    Hotpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!

The risks to both of those is Tennessee may not score enough. Florida ranks second in the country in defensive efficiency, fifth in effective field goal percentage allowed, fourth in two-point defense and 26th in three-point defense. Tennessee is 167th in eFG%, 112th in 2-pt% and 262nd in 3-pt%. With all of that said, I have no interest in laying this many points on the road and the 124 seems to be spot on to me so I'll just pass.
    Your right- 124 is dead on. My original cap of the game was Florida 51-47. Tho went against my last nights research and went with Tennessee +8.5 and the 335 $line as well as Tennessee o/57.5 pts. I hope I didn't second guess myself and make a big mistake. I did Saturday with the Seton /Louisville game. I had the first half Louisville 40 -28 on paper ,but neglected to go with that and took Seton +10.5 1st half. 40-26 loss for me. Tho with this game tonight I believe Tennessee will be very aggressive and will see the foul line a lot. I'm accounting for 22 pts from the free throw line and believe they get 24 pts from 3 balls. 57.5 just seems very fair & I cant pass on it.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

I think this is a major trap for Florida bettors. Yes, Tennessee is the inferior opponent, but I think TN has the edge here. Florida's only struggles this year have come on the road, meanwhile Ten. has been playing well at home.

The biggest factor for me here is Florida will only be playing 6 of its main players. Yeguete is still out and now Frazier is out. They can't go on the road with only 6 players so Donovan will be playing a combo of his 3 freshmen bench players (all weighing in at 190lbs or less, and all have shot poorly in their limited playing time). These kids are going to get out muscled by a desperate Tennessee squad in a hostile environment.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Only way Florida covers is if they are hitting their 3s tonight in a big way. That's tough to judge - Tennessee has held opponents from 3 under 30% (incl. ole miss; Henderson launches 3s all night) but Tennessee has also let opponents shoot 50% beyond the arc.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    College kids don't drink moonshine try Miller Lt. or flavored vodka
    U of Tenn students do, trust me

dmiles1021
    YouWager.eu
    dmiles1021's Avatar Become A Pro!

8.5 now, Florida will easily cover this...just my opinion tho

Speedy88

Took Tennessee at +9 last night. Gonna sprinkle some on the ML. Don't see why the Vols can't cover this. I faded Florida in Arkansas last month, and I faded them last week in Missouri, hopefully it works again.

k4cowboys4k
    k4cowboys4k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

That is nowhere near what the environment is like

mountie12
    mountie12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1569

I'm gonna take Florida cause they've not covered last two games and Tenn has covered their last 5 or six. I'm a DUE kinda guy. Also if I'm gonna give 9 points I might as well bet the same amount on the over in case Tenn scores alot of points I at least push.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11210

Florida either beats teams by double digits or lose straight up.

LT - I do think the line is trappy for UT bettors. UT has beaten UF 6 out of the last 7. UF with a short bench in a hostile environment, haven't played well on the road and giving 9 as a road fave??

UT can be very offensively challenged at times. The guy UF has to contain is McRae. Jarnell and Young will cancel each other out but UF guards will be the difference. Wilbekin and Rosario are great defenders that will cause a bunch of turnovers IMO.

UF wins this one by 17. Parlay this with Chicago over the Irvinless Cavs.

Speedy88

The line drop looks good for Tenn backers, but at the same time I ask myself why did they open at +9.5? Hopefully not to get people to Tenn at a big number. We saw the same thing with Michigan opening at -11 and closing at -8.5 and they covered the opening line.

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

Took the Vols +4.5 1st half. Think theyz keep it close to start game.

SilverTongueFox
    SilverTongueFox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5303

Quote Originally Posted by HOT WINGS View Post
    Took the Vols +4.5 1st half. Think theyz keep it close to start game.
    Saw this just before tip and tailed ya! Winnah! Thanks

Speedy88

Volunteers looking good.

detroitlionsfan
    detroitlionsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Volunteers looking good.
    thinking the same

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11210

Good call fella's. This one is a wrap. UF looks like they wore lead shoes tonight. Zero intensity.

12 Last