No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Another horrific line.

It's one thing to make them +6 like Minnesota, but +9.5?

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Another horrific line.

It's one thing to make them +6 like Minnesota, but +9.5?
    Line was ridiculous. Should have been -7 at most. Florida is a bunch of frauds, I don't get the hype with them. Only thing that held me back from going huge on Tennessee was that the line was so weird. As weird as it sounds, I probably would have played them bigger if they opened at +7 rather than +9.5.

Florida is going to be an early exit this year in March folks.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

The line fooled me too. I could have sworn UF was going to blow them out with that line.

Don't think too much into this game. UF is without 2 of their important players. Yeguette is their lock down defender and Rodman type rebounder. He would have held McRae in check and not allow all those extra touches for UT. Frazier is another good defender but great 3 point shooter too. Those 2 guys are huge losses for UF but they should get them back Saturday.

UF is a great team at home but struggles on the road and in close games. They either blow teams out or lose close ones. They've been to the elite 8 two years in a row and should have made it to the final four in both of those games. The were beating Louisville last year by 16 with 10 minutes to go but somehow lost the game. The year before they were beating Butler by 14 with 10 minutes left but somehow lost that game. It's real weird. Even in losses to Mizzou and Arizona this year they gave up huge leads to end up losing the game. It's like they go to sleep in crunch time.

They have all the tools to beat anyone but get held back mentally at times. But that's college basketball right now. It's awfully hard to win on the road especially with incompetent refs. UF battled back and should have cut the lead to 2 but the refs call a horrible charging call and the game was over. Refs have too much control over outcomes (Kansas/ ISU game).

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    Line was ridiculous. Should have been -7 at most. Florida is a bunch of frauds, I don't get the hype with them. Only thing that held me back from going huge on Tennessee was that the line was so weird. As weird as it sounds, I probably would have played them bigger if they opened at +7 rather than +9.5.

Florida is going to be an early exit this year in March folks.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    The line fooled me too. I could have sworn UF was going to blow them out with that line.

Don't think too much into this game. UF is without 2 of their important players. Yeguette is their lock down defender and Rodman type rebounder. He would have held McRae in check and not allow all those extra touches for UT. Frazier is another good defender but great 3 point shooter too. Those 2 guys are huge losses for UF but they should get them back Saturday.

UF is a great team at home but struggles on the road and in close games. They either blow teams out or lose close ones. They've been to the elite 8 two years in a row and should have made it to the final four in both of those games. The were beating Louisville last year by 16 with 10 minutes to go but somehow lost the game. The year before they were beating Butler by 14 with 10 minutes left but somehow lost that game. It's real weird. Even in losses to Mizzou and Arizona this year they gave up huge leads to end up losing the game. It's like they go to sleep in crunch time.

They have all the tools to beat anyone but get held back mentally at times. But that's college basketball right now. It's awfully hard to win on the road especially with incompetent refs. UF battled back and should have cut the lead to 2 but the refs call a horrible charging call and the game was over. Refs have too much control over outcomes (Kansas/ ISU game).
    those blown leads happen when a team continues chucking up 3s like fla does even when they have a big lead..no doubt they will be much better off when they get those guys back simply cause w/o them they have no depth (besides fact they good players) but in the end even tho their defense is among the best at some point in the tourney you know they gonna have a bad night from behind the arc which pretty much spells doom when 41.5% of their shots are treys (crazy as that is it down 4% from last yr at least)..you know the saying, live by the trey die by it..

all about the draw this yr tho, they get a good draw and they could withstand one of those bad shooting nights with that d, hell who knows this yrs tourney the teams that i think have the best squads and should go deep also could very well get bounced early cause they all have flaws. defense def can overcome quite a bit but they really should make a effort to get the guys down low more touches, i mean boynton has shot 170 3s and young has 182 shots from inside,,wouldnt hurt getting murphy and prather a few more looks from inside the arc either..team def has the talent and the commitment to defense but they screw around and have a bad shooting night with their trey happy asses and next thing ya know that all she wrote..

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

The smart play was indeed Tennessee plus points at home (wish I had the balls to hit 'submit' on the TENN ML)

I also took TENN+4.5 1H

BUT, Florida will not be an early exit in march. Don't get it twisted boys, Florida has only played 7 games this season at full strength. If they get healthy they can & will make a run in the tourney.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Very good points and should be stickied for folks to review before the tourney.

Boynton has been hot garbage. Jacking up stupid ass shots left and right. He lost the game last night. If you look at stats, anytime he plays like shit, UF loses.

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    those blown leads happen when a team continues chucking up 3s like fla does even when they have a big lead..no doubt they will be much better off when they get those guys back simply cause w/o them they have no depth (besides fact they good players) but in the end even tho their defense is among the best at some point in the tourney you know they gonna have a bad night from behind the arc which pretty much spells doom when 41.5% of their shots are treys (crazy as that is it down 4% from last yr at least)..you know the saying, live by the trey die by it..

all about the draw this yr tho, they get a good draw and they could withstand one of those bad shooting nights with that d, hell who knows this yrs tourney the teams that i think have the best squads and should go deep also could very well get bounced early cause they all have flaws. defense def can overcome quite a bit but they really should make a effort to get the guys down low more touches, i mean boynton has shot 170 3s and young has 182 shots from inside,,wouldnt hurt getting murphy and prather a few more looks from inside the arc either..team def has the talent and the commitment to defense but they screw around and have a bad shooting night with their trey happy asses and next thing ya know that all she wrote..

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Very good points and should be stickied for folks to review before the tourney.

Boynton has been hot garbage. Jacking up stupid ass shots left and right. He lost the game last night. If you look at stats, anytime he plays like shit, UF loses.
    Never been a fan of Boynton. Thought he had a great freshman year and then never really got better.

First 12