hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is Tennessee getting too much love from the Kentucky Blow out?

I think LSU keeps it close.
    Thoughts?

Da Beer Guy
    Da Beer Guy's Avatar Become A Pro!

hmm tough call such a horrible basketball conference i try to avoid the SEC if at all possible

Da Beer Guy

but yeah i'd lean take the points

numismatist
    Le roi est mort, vive le roi...
    numismatist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1369

Didnt LSU go in South Carolina last week and lose, or is this my imagination? Too lazy to look it up right now haha.

Da Beer Guy

Quote Originally Posted by numismatist View Post
    Didnt LSU go in South Carolina last week and lose, or is this my imagination? Too lazy to look it up right now haha.
    nope LSU won by about 20

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by Da Beer Guy View Post
    nope LSU won by about 20
    18 to be exact.
    Only two teams to blow them out was Florida at home and Boise away

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

would figure it played in the 60's so either take the points or pass.

hougigo

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    would figure it played in the 60's so either take the points or pass.
    I took the points with this.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by hougigo View Post
    I took the points with this.
    i dont blame you,,im not big fan of lsu gm but vols just dont score all that much typically and really dont expect them to b2b...little strange line has been ticking up, ill prob wait and see where it goes but def lean your way..gl

hougigo

i dont blame you,,im not big fan of lsu gm but vols just dont score all that much typically and really dont expect them to b2b...little strange line has been ticking up, ill prob wait and see where it goes but def lean your way..gl
    I also want to think about the under if it's close to the 130 range/high 120's

hougigo

I'm also looking at Nevada -6 against Fresno.
    Nevada can get it against a dismal Fresno team on the road.

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

hell f'in yeah! total letdown hangover city tenn not really that good ( ky not really that good ) P.O.D.

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

I think they are getting to much love and went with LSU +8 20x.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by hougigo View Post
    I also want to think about the under if it's close to the 130 range/high 120's
    looks like you got what you wanted with the total, opened at 131 and rising...think i like the points more, not often i like playing a side and total in same gm as it hard enough to hit 1 play let alone 2 in a gm, on rare occasions if i think the under and the points somewhat correlate ill play both (like uva and under today), but not often...

DennisT
    DennisT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4946

Like Virginia also taking Texas -6 .

RockyTopGambler
    RockyTopGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 910

It's probably a little high, but I would stay away. Golden is playing better than he has all year. I think his shoulder was hurt more than he led on earlier this year and finally he's getting his confidence back. He's been a great free throw shooter his entire career and was afraid to get fouled earlier this season; never seen him play so tentative before. Now, this led to Mcrae having to step up and he did. Now Stokes is finally coming on strong. Had 9 and 9 against uk to end 6 straight double doubles and he barely played(foul trouble). If these 3 play like they are capable it could be a blow-out, but with our inconsistency I would pass.

neutral
    Update your status
    neutral's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3546

Vols haven't covered anything bigger than opening number of 7 apart from bottom feeder Miss St, the biggest they ever laid was 7 to Georgia recently and lost straight up [Similarities ND Pitt match last night, Pitt had only covered number bigger than the spread in conference play against DePaul's poor defence].

Cuonzo Martin agrees O'Bryant is tough match-up: "It's not easy because they have weapons and their perimeter guys can make shots," Martin said. "You have a guy like Johnny O'Bryant who demands a double team on the blocks. You have to make their catches tough into transition, because that's where they score baskets and make their perimeter shots in their half-court offense. You have to make them take tough shots and make tough plays."

WIth Vols going to 4 guard system it makes it LSU's inside game vs Vols outside game, Vols are 3rd last in the SEC with 29.4% [only Kentucky and Texas A&M are worse] while LSU allows 25.8% in 3pt% defence. The flat spot for Tennessee is very live here if you look at the post match comments of Vols' players. Also if you assess the spread as well, the power ranking that i use has Vols as 4pt favourite + 4 for home court making it 8 but it opened 7 across the board meaning odds-makers is looking for the letdown more than home team runaway.

The only negative on LSU's side if their FT% but Vols are great either. The Volunteers claimed a 74-69 win in overtime last season, their fifth straight victory against the Tigers. Tennessee leads the series 60-43 and is 30-15 vs. LSU in Knoxville so might explain initial support for opening line of 7 reaching 8.

neutral
    Update your status
    neutral's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3546

looks like you got what you wanted with the total, opened at 131 and rising...think i like the points more, not often i like playing a side and total in same gm as it hard enough to hit 1 play let alone 2 in a gm, on rare occasions if i think the under and the points somewhat correlate ill play both (like uva and under today), but not often...
    Hitting both is not an everyday thing but when moment presents itself but it does you have parlay them and cash it. I hit 1 yesterday with ND & under. I lean under in this match-up as well but i believe the margin of error for OT is not enough for 132.5 [pass on total here]

NjSunDvlSal
    NjSunDvlSal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 479

Just for the fact that LSU doesn't get blown out on the road WHEN they do lose, has a better record overall and within the SEC, I will buy 1/2 pt and take LSU +8 4 units. BOL Tiger backers