CavMan
    CavMan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1435

Betting Against Ranked Teams

I follow the forum on a daily basis but I do not post very often. I did a little (and I mean a little) research on going against ranked teams and it looks like it has been profitable as far back as I looked. This not only includes taking an unranked team against a ranked opponent but also taking the lower ranked team if two ranked teams are playing each other. Just want to track it and see how it goes.

Monday 2/18
    Notre Dame +10.5
    West VA +11
    1 unit each

Da Beer Guy
    Da Beer Guy's Avatar Become A Pro!

dude if your going to bet those just go ahead and donate to charity.

hopefully you have not pulled the trigger on those plays yet and if you have i hope its betpoints and not real scrilla.

If you have watched west va or notre dame play this season u would not be making these bets.

best of luck playboy

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

I've noticed that fading ranked road teams has been profitable lately. On Saturday I think ranked road teams went 3-7-2 (pushes on Colorado St and Michigan St). And then Sunday they went 1-3 with only Louisville covering.

magsmeplease
    magsmeplease's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2040

I'd be more inclined to say this may have merit if the unranked or lower ranked teams were playing at home.

On the road... yikes!

BOL

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Fading ranked road teams in college is where I've made most my money. Most these ranked teams are overrated and can't play on the road.

mtc44380
    mtc44380's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 466

I have been doing this for a while too, and has been proving to be profitable and I looked nice when the lines are +10.
    You will rarely ever find be betting on any teams to cover a spread that is 6 or higher unless I feel its a no-brainer. If you think about the teams mentality when playing these games, the teams want to win, and the losing teams want to make it close or respectable. No team cares if they win by 10 or 15 or 20, they care that they won.
    ND and WVU have been playing bad, but they are still good teams - giving either of those teams 10pts to play with value in my book.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by magsmeplease View Post
    I'd be more inclined to say this may have merit if the unranked or lower ranked teams were playing at home.

On the road... yikes!

BOL
    Did you say something, I was distracted by Minka Kelly.

Da Beer Guy
    Da Beer Guy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    I've noticed that fading ranked road teams has been profitable lately. On Saturday I think ranked road teams went 3-7-2 (pushes on Colorado St and Michigan St). And then Sunday they went 1-3 with only Louisville covering.
    i noticed this too. def something to look for

CavMan

Da Beer - I actually already try and donate to charity as much as I can. I did pull the trigger on both plays. If I lose both then so be it. It's not what I want but that is gambling. Even the best lose some every now and then. I have watched both teams play. The way they play is the reason they are both getting double digits. If fading these plays is so obvious then I am sure you did so and if I have to lose then at least someone can win. You may be sipping a margarita on a tropical island tomorrow while I am back at work. Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Beer Guy View Post
    dude if your going to bet those just go ahead and donate to charity.

hopefully you have not pulled the trigger on those plays yet and if you have i hope its betpoints and not real scrilla.

If you have watched west va or notre dame play this season u would not be making these bets.

best of luck playboy
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: mtc44380

CavMan

Quote Originally Posted by magsmeplease View Post

On the road... yikes!

BOL
    You may be right. I don't have numbers broken down like that but that makes sense.
    Thanks for the insight. It's to late for me tonight so we will see what happens and may re-evaluate.
    Best of luck to you

CavMan

Monday = 2-0 +2 units

Tuesday
    Duquesne +16
    Michigan st -1.5
    Seton Hall +5.5
    St. Louis -2.5
    Mizzou+5
    UVA +7.5
    1 unit each

CavMan

Tuesday = 3-3 -.3 units
    Total = 5-3 +1.7 units

There will definately be 9 plays tonight. Waiting until a little later on the lines.
    Depaul +13
    Providence +12
    Minnesota +6
    Northwestern +8
    Ok. St -1
    Houston +18.5
    UNLV -4
    Washington +12.5
    Santa Clara +13
    1 unit each
    Last edited by CavMan; 02-20-13 at 05:00 PM.

CavMan

Awful last night. 1-8 -7.8 units
    Total = 6-11 -6.1 units

Keep trying. I really think this pays off in the long run.
    Tonight:
    VT +13
    Cal +6
    1 unit each

tailin junkie
    tailin junkie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17008

I agree that a lot of ranked teams go down or dont cover on a nightly basis, but I think betting all the lesser ranked every night is playing with fire. Sure you will have great nights but you will also have awful nights. Ultimately, In the end you may be around .500, which we all know is losing. I think you are better off looking at all of the games involving ranked teams and pick your spots betting against them. But you are right, never bet the higher ranked team.
    Last edited by tailin junkie; 02-21-13 at 09:29 PM.