Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Ending of the Wichita St Game

Not sure if I've ever seen anything like that.

That guy Carmichael is an idiot

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

What happened? Just saw the final -- what a gutsy win for the Shockers.

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    What happened? Just saw the final -- what a gutsy win for the Shockers.
    I'll try to explain as best I can from memory:

Wichita down 5 with probably like 30 seconds left. Wichita misses a 3. Illinois St guy rebounds, but accidently kicks a Wichita guy in the face. They didn't call anything at first, so Wichita st fouls. They review and call it a flagrant. After Illinois St hits both FT's, then Wichita shoots 2 FT's for the flagrant. Wichita gets possession back because it was a flagrant foul and hits a 3. Now they are down 2. THen Illinois St inbounds the ball and the guy dribbles out of bounds! Wichita inbounds and hits a 3 to go up 1.

If Carmichael never kicked the guy in the face, it would have been a 7 pt game after both FT's, and the game is likely over.

Never seen anything like it. Never seen a flagrant for a guy kicking someone lol. Brutal beat for Illinois St backers. If you were on Wichita, you just got a gift from god.

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

Got fuked again col last night now this I might need to take a break I was on the right side they were losing all game and the that Bs

dalogester
    dalogester's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

Illinois state won the last 4 against the spread and straight up. It was time they lose.

BlurredOut
    BlurredOut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

was THISCLOSE to taking Illinois St. even posted it as my top play of the day behind Wisc.
    glad I took a nap and forgot to put it in.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    I'll try to explain as best I can from memory:

Wichita down 5 with probably like 30 seconds left. Wichita misses a 3. Illinois St guy rebounds, but accidently kicks a Wichita guy in the face. They didn't call anything at first, so Wichita st fouls. They review and call it a flagrant. After Illinois St hits both FT's, then Wichita shoots 2 FT's for the flagrant. Wichita gets possession back because it was a flagrant foul and hits a 3. Now they are down 2. THen Illinois St inbounds the ball and the guy dribbles out of bounds! Wichita inbounds and hits a 3 to go up 1.

If Carmichael never kicked the guy in the face, it would have been a 7 pt game after both FT's, and the game is likely over.

Never seen anything like it. Never seen a flagrant for a guy kicking someone lol. Brutal beat for Illinois St backers. If you were on Wichita, you just got a gift from god.
    Wow. I'll have to try and catch the highlights somewhere.

NjSunDvlSal
    NjSunDvlSal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 479

I broke my remote watching that game, despite being up $545 on the day..should have been 755!! Illinois State played fantastic all game then can't dribble out of the full court press. Bunch of amateurs. Sharp $ was on Illinois st and we all suffered.

Gee
    Gee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2327

Quote Originally Posted by NjSunDvlSal View Post
    I broke my remote watching that game, despite being up $545 on the day..should have been 755!! Illinois State played fantastic all game then can't dribble out of the full court press. Bunch of amateurs. Sharp $ was on Illinois st and we all suffered.
    Action looked split.

Pinny knew. They were the only main book not to move it off the 2 at close (and it only got to 2.5 earlier for about 45 mins).

Catchn_Picks
    Catchn_Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15716

I've seen many flagrant fouls from spinning elbows after a rebound but spinning knees? That is a first

pacocn
    pacocn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kick looked intentional, even though i was on the redbirds.

GIVEMETHEMONEY
    GIVEMETHEMONEY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4903

Thanks for filling me in on this. I wondered what the heck happened. I had Illinois St -2 and they led pretty much the entire game.

Was the guy boinking his sister or mother as in the case of LeBron James while he was in Cleveland?

Why is it always the thugster neighborhood type players that do that crap?

numismatist
    Le roi est mort, vive le roi...
    numismatist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1369

Yeah that was an epic bad beat, add that to the very long list of bad beats for me this season. Never seems to go the other way this year.
    Somebody hand me a tissue, LOL

GIVEMETHEMONEY

GIVEMETHEMONEY hands numismatist a tissue

There, there now big boys don't cry.

Please don't tell me I have to take away your meds like we did Emily Haines!!

lmfao!!!

numismatist
    Le roi est mort, vive le roi...
    numismatist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1369

Quote Originally Posted by GIVEMETHEMONEY View Post
    There, there now big boys don't cry.

Please don't tell me I have to take away your meds like we did Emily Haines!!

lmfao!!!
    I was tracking the score, up by 5 with 34 seconds or something left, I figured it was pretty much done deal. When I refreshed about 10 minutes later I couldn't believe it, I wanted to throw my laptop against the wall. Its been a rough 2 weeks of betting for me, the kind of two weeks that would make a grown man cry. Buried.

GIVEMETHEMONEY

Yep I felt the same way also!!

Illinois State had the game all the way through.

I did the same thing check the laptop and went what the ????

And they say the NCAAB isn't rigged with bad officiating????

gasto
    gasto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4362

Wow, thats a real money changer. Video is on Yahoo sports. Sounds to me like he was forcing the hands of the officials. Its funny how they would not have called it the first time.

This Illinois player surely knew he would be called for a flagrant foul, thats a four point turnaround. Article says same player had a sub par game and also missed a layup at the buzzer. Point shaving anyone. Or playing to a predetermined outcome.

Its funny how Kevin Durant kept looking at the scoreboard yesterday and was not missing three pointers towards the end. obviously want to make sure second half over goes over. Books clean on the Game total which went under and on Second half over, assuming most people may have thought second half would be more defensive. These games are a lottery for the most part.

Speedy88

Quote Originally Posted by gasto View Post
    Wow, thats a real money changer. Video is on Yahoo sports. Sounds to me like he was forcing the hands of the officials. Its funny how they would not have called it the first time.

This Illinois player surely knew he would be called for a flagrant foul, thats a four point turnaround. Article says same player had a sub par game and also missed a layup at the buzzer. Point shaving anyone. Or playing to a predetermined outcome.

Its funny how Kevin Durant kept looking at the scoreboard yesterday and was not missing three pointers towards the end. obviously want to make sure second half over goes over. Books clean on the Game total which went under and on Second half over, assuming most people may have thought second half would be more defensive. These games are a lottery for the most part.
    It wasn't point shaving. Just really unfortunate events happened for Illinois St, and everything went right for Wichita. If they miss any one of those three pointers, they probably lose. I think the kick was unintentional, but you almost had to call it. I remember watching it live and even I saw it.

BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

I had the over for some fking reason, and of all the things that would have helped get me my late points, the dribble out of bounds was the icing on the cake. had 24 seconds to play Free throw fest ... didn't need many... gross...

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Brock was on ILL St, enough said.