Lift2beFit
    Lift2beFit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1571

The red hot Illini -3?????

What am i missing here? Illinois has been hotter than the devil's dick lately and i see them continuing against Northwestern?

Book Trap or gift?

aaron2406
    aaron2406's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6140

Man the road teams have been getting dealt with as of late. Tread carefuly.

HoustonSam
    HoustonSam's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Illini have been unreliable all year and now that they have covered in their last three games, I expect another Illinois letdown today. Took Northwestern +4 tonight, especially after the way they played OSU in their last game. Expect NW to keep it close at home if not win outright. Without Swopshire the Illini will be looking to attack in the paint however I believe both teams will be grinding it out. NW shoots the 3 better and has less average turnovers per game, if they can maintain this pattern they have a great shot. It appears well over 50% of the public is on Illinois. NW did take care of Ill. in their first game this season, hopefully the can do it again.

All Business
    All Business's Avatar Become A Pro!

Illinois has been as streaky as a team can be. They're a team that lives by the 3 but dies by the 3. Northwestern has already embarrassed Illinois @ Illinois's home court this year, hence only the -3 spread. Illinois has the potential to crush Northwestern but who knows if they decide to show up.

jgthekidd0
    jgthekidd0's Avatar Become A Pro!

northwestern can light it up from deep too

neutral
    Update your status
    neutral's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3546

Quote Originally Posted by Lift2beFit View Post
    What am i missing here? Illinois has been hotter than the devil's dick lately and i see them continuing against Northwestern?

Book Trap or gift?
    Illinois game is a sandwich spot for Northwestern, coming off spirited effort against Ohio St & Wisconsin coming to town, secondly this is a revenge game for Illinois who by double digits & shot very poorly, turned it over a bunch in that game, Illinois has just recently avenge 2 losses to Minny & Purdue.

neutral
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by neutral View Post
    Illinois game is a sandwich spot for Northwestern, coming off spirited effort against Ohio St & Wisconsin coming to town, secondly this is a revenge game for Illinois who by double digits & shot very poorly, turned it over a bunch in that game, Illinois has just recently avenge 2 losses to Minny & Purdue.
    -2.5 Illinois for a Unit

neutral
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by All Business View Post
    Illinois has been as streaky as a team can be. They're a team that lives by the 3 but dies by the 3. Northwestern has already embarrassed Illinois @ Illinois's home court this year, hence only the -3 spread. Illinois has the potential to crush Northwestern but who knows if they decide to show up.
    Illinois has been driving it inside more recently.

neutral
    Update your status

Illinois is roasting Northwestern, wish i had more juice on this game.

Lift2beFit
    Lift2beFit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1571

looks like they came to play.. roll I's roll

thfootball
    thfootball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7659

If they don't let up there might be an outside chance they might get invited to March madness, if anything, no more losses for them. Looks like some tough choices this year to fill in the last spots.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Quote Originally Posted by thfootball View Post
    If they don't let up there might be an outside chance they might get invited to March madness, if anything, no more losses for them. Looks like some tough choices this year to fill in the last spots.
    What team are you talking about? IL pretty muck a lock to get in now. They might be ranked next week, or very close.

thfootball
    thfootball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7659

They still have finish the season. I don't know if they'll get ranking as of yet. there's more than enough teams peek-a-booing on being ranked.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

They still have finish the season. I don't know if they'll get ranking as of yet. there's more than enough teams peek-a-booing on being ranked.
    All they need to do is take care if Penn st and maybe 1 more and they are in easy.

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

I-L-L-I-N-I

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Illinois is 19-8 (6-7) including 5 Top 50 RPI (and 3 of the current top 10 teams) wins and a top 5 SoS and they still have home games against Penn St. and Nebraska to go. Illinois could take care of those and even lose all their road games and probably earn themselves a 6 or 7 seed. If they win one of the road games they're a 5 or maybe 4. Dangerous team come tourney time. This team is certainly not less talented than the John Groce Ohio team that made the Sweet 16 last year. They usually come up a little short in the paint and on the glass though. But as far as guard and wing play they are one of the better teams.