No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Two early games that I love Saturday

Just wanted to bounce these off the forum and see if my train of thought is right with:

Virginia +4.5 at North Carolina
    Providence -1.5 vs. Notre Dame

I'm just salivating over these two picks right now. Going to sleep on it and do a little more research in the morning, though.

Also like Pitt and Tennessee early as well.

hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Just wanted to bounce these off the forum and see if my train of thought is right with:

I'm just salivating over these two picks right now. Going to sleep on it and do a little more research in the morning, though.

I really like Virginia too. i'm keen on providence, but not as much as VA

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Rest of the day, looking at Baylor, Nebraska, East Carolina, San Francisco, Drake and Boise State.

curtrambus
    curtrambus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4799

First glance I was all over Virginia but after thinking it over a while UNC looked alot better towards the end of that Duke game and have actually been good at home anyways and decided to pass. Love Creighton tommorow at -5.5 though as this is a must win game for them now and I see them actually cruising to a 10+ pt victory.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by curtrambus View Post
    First glance I was all over Virginia but after thinking it over a while UNC looked alot better towards the end of that Duke game and have actually been good at home anyways and decided to pass. Love Creighton tommorow at -5.5 though as this is a must win game for them now and I see them actually cruising to a 10+ pt victory.
    I could see UNC struggling early with a Duke hangover, and UVA's the type of disciplined team that could give the Tar Heels fits. With that being said, if UVA falls behind early, it might be curtains.

I really like the progress this young Providence team is making, and I think ND is ripe to go down after all of the extra time on the court recently. With that being said, oddsmakers aren't doing you any favors here. Fatigue has already been factored into the line; this would typically be about +3 on the Providence side.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Nova's an interesting pick early as well, as is Rutgers.

Jakenv21
    Update your status
    Jakenv21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6714

I'm a huge Pitt fan. I have been worried about Marq for the past couple of weeks coming into this game. I'm thinking of putting my money on Marquette. Tenn is the play if you must but I'd rather see how Kentucky plays w/o Noel before I made a wager

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Nova's an interesting pick early as well, as is Rutgers.
    Nova hit their peak a couple weeks ago they will be going downhill from here on out

All Business
    All Business's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the Virginia pick but could you explain your reasoning behind Providence vs. Notre Dame. I watched the Louisville vs. Notre Dame game and was very surprised at Notre Dame's depth. Notre Dame had FOUR players foul out and they were still able to get the win versus a strong Louisville team.

Poison-Nut
    Poison-Nut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Coin I actually have the opposite sides. I have UNC and ND pulling out.

ajcobb22
    ajcobb22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 297

Nocoin, I would hold off on that USM vs ECU game. Fancy myself as pretty good at CUSA action. Yes USM suffered a heartbreaker/letdown vs Memphis and lost vs my Knights BUT they are still one of the top teams in the conference and should score bunches vs ECU and pull out a win.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

I could see UNC struggling early with a Duke hangover, and UVA's the type of disciplined team that could give the Tar Heels fits. With that being said, if UVA falls behind early, it might be curtains.

I really like the progress this young Providence team is making, and I think ND is ripe to go down after all of the extra time on the court recently. With that being said, oddsmakers aren't doing you any favors here. Fatigue has already been factored into the line; this would typically be about +3 on the Providence side.
    Exactly my thoughts. I'm probably going to play Virginia tomorrow. If Virginia can hang tough and slow the game down, they should win outright.

BlitzTheBooks
    BlitzTheBooks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1212

Virginia first half is a good option (assuming it'll be around +2). They have the #1 first half scoring D in the nation, and UNC coming out flat is a definite possibility. Just my $.02 looking for an angle.

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

I like baylor and e caro nocoin, gl.

DonQ
    DonQ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1038

Quote Originally Posted by ajcobb22 View Post
    Nocoin, I would hold off on that USM vs ECU game. Fancy myself as pretty good at CUSA action. Yes USM suffered a heartbreaker/letdown vs Memphis and lost vs my Knights BUT they are still one of the top teams in the conference and should score bunches vs ECU and pull out a win.
    Your Knights? Howdy neighbor!!

numismatist
    Le roi est mort, vive le roi...
    numismatist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1369

Definitely taking a long look at the Friars today. On the other side with Virginia/North Carolina. I think UNC matches up well with Virginia, especially in the paint.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Thanks for the thoughts everyone. I'm no expert; good to hear other opinions before I place my wagers.

Ron29301
    This is What I Do Do...
    Ron29301's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 364

Quote Originally Posted by numismatist View Post
    Definitely taking a long look at the Friars today. On the other side with Virginia/North Carolina. I think UNC matches up well with Virginia, especially in the paint.
    Notre Dame 2-3 zone may cause problems for the Friars. Hopefully their not chucking up 3's all game. Virginia vs Carolina could be a defensive game also at a slow pace. GL with your picks everyone.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Ron29301 View Post
    Notre Dame 2-3 zone may cause problems for the Friars. Hopefully their not chucking up 3's all game. Virginia vs Carolina could be a defensive game also at a slow pace. GL with your picks everyone.
    I see you're on UNC and ND, Ron. Not exactly ideal for me. Hate to be on the other side of your picks.

Ron29301
    This is What I Do Do...
    Ron29301's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 364

I see you're on UNC and ND, Ron. Not exactly ideal for me. Hate to be on the other side of your picks.
    I woke up to this thread and I just loaded on ND even more. I love it. GL with your pick. Hopefully the Friars are shooting good today for you guys backing them. That's all I am saying.