hougigo
    hougigo's Avatar Become A Pro!

KU vs KSU

Kansas 7.5 faves.....
    do they go off at home or continue their shitty slide?
    I'm jumping on the KSU bandwagon

FilletMaster
    FilletMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

gotta roll with the cats and the points or no play til kansas snaps out of it (if ever)

frongi
    frongi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

stay away game for me... kansas play could end up being so square that its sharp...

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by frongi View Post
    stay away game for me... kansas play could end up being so square that its sharp...
    huge stay away

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Yeah a stay away game unless ur taking the pts. Who can trust KU at this point? They have quickly turned into a dumpster fire over night. Cats been balling tho and lost last game to these clowns, take into consideration KU is ALWAYS overvalued by the books. So take the pts. or stay clear if ur on this game cause KU has no leader on the court and in a real funk and lacking confidence right now.

neutral
    Update your status
    neutral's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3546

Kansas St +4 1st half

Fundamentals

Back-court: Rodriguez, Spradling, MGruder are playing better right now statistically and on film than KU’s guards and match-up quite well to KSU.

Front-court: KU got beat up physically in losses to TCU, Oklahoma however KSU aren’t that big or physical but KSU are not soft on the front court though. KSU’s frontcourt actually outscored and out-rebounded KU front-court in the last meeting.

Situational Angle

KU haven’t lost 4 in a row or back-to-back home games since 1989 and have won 45 out of 48 last meeting. You think home crowd will be pumped to help KU team snap skid. [“I think the crowd will do a great job of getting us jacked back up,” Self said. “And Big Monday always helps. And playing a rival always helps, so I think we’ll play with great energy Monday.”] I think you will have to project that KU will perform better than what they have shown recently

Motivation Angle

This is a revenge game for KSU after just falling short in the first meeting. ["I know I keep saying this, but it is still killing me that I let Kevin Young get that rebound and then Ben McLemore hit that three," Southwell said. "... I’m still messed up on that one play, but I’m over it in a sense that I am learning from what we did wrong."] ["I should never have let that guy get that rebound," Southwell said. "I mean, it’s Kevin Young."]. Southwell said he has been pushing himself in practice the past few days, and spending extra time on rebounding drills so the mistake doesn't happen again. He already seems ready for a rematch with Young. For both teams this game is very important for Big12 title implications. [“If they were to defeat us,” Self said, “they’d have a two-game lead, and (it would) put us behind the eight-ball.”] [“Does it surprise me that we’re in a dogfight?” Self said. “No, not at all.”]

Strategy

KSU players and coach reflecting on last meeting: “We relied, obviously, on the three-ball. Thirty of them,” Weber said. “But that’s something that they give you. That’s why Iowa State had a chance to beat them at their place. You just have to hit the open ones, then you would make them defend you a little different. We didn’t do that. Somewhere along the line we have got to get some more inside looks, we’ve got to get some penetration to the basket.” “We should have went inside,” Rodriguez said. “Withey makes a big difference in there,” Weber said. “He didn’t have a block, but maybe that’s because we didn’t go in there.”

As someone once told me, you can’t be wagering on teams that consistently really on 3s, even though KSU can’t consistently take the ball to the basket because of Withey’s presence, they need to at least mix it up for better offensive balance. It will give them opportunity to grab 2nd chance scoring rebound, give outside shooters more time to line-up their shots and gives chance to get to the charity line.

Recently, McLemore has been running isolation plays which led to poorer shooting especially for a player who weaker at creating shots off dribble, he needs to feed Withey inside and also open up more space for return pass outside for what McLemore is good at [catch and shoot]. Defensively Releford was chasing McGruder around in the first meeting but it is more of risk for KU in this game because of Rodriguez and Spradling’s form

Overall, in a game were KSU will slow the tempo down to avoid ding dong battle, under the total is worth a look but I feel in a one possession tight game & potential overtime, 122 is too low. In a close matchup, tight, rivalry and revenge match, taking points on the side here.
    Last edited by neutral; 02-11-13 at 04:37 PM.

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ksu does not beat KU. Now on a three game skid and back at home, this is going to be a bloodbath first half at least. KSU may buckle down second half but first half should be all Jayhawks as Self is going to have these guys ready to go.

qb1789
    qb1789's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 368

KU's offense has been so pathetic its even hard to trust them at home here. KSU has been killing it lately and I don't really see that stopping here. Still doing some thinking on this but at this point I don't see how you can take KU here unless its ML.

neutral
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by nvrlose37 View Post
    Ksu does not beat KU. Now on a three game skid and back at home, this is going to be a bloodbath first half at least. KSU may buckle down second half but first half should be all Jayhawks as Self is going to have these guys ready to go.
    Tempo is the key, if the tempo is slow as expected, then no team should be creating big separation unless one team is bricking every shot in sight. I have no doubt about KU being jacked up, if you can't get up for a rivalry game then there is something wrong.

Jeff Grant
    Jeff Grant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2924

neutral
    Update your status

Everything will be revealed soon Jeff.

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

no way should they be favored by 8.5 tho

neutral
    Update your status

I am going to take 1 unit on the that 8.5 as well.

jamt31
    jamt31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Kansas played a lot better at Oklahoma than the previous two. They just couldn't get over Oklahoma's hot start to the game. I think Kansas will get back on track tonight.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bigguyz

neutral
    Update your status

Kansas St got what they deserve for their over-confidence, the tempo was too high for them hang with Kansas.