CBB - Tuesday, 1/15/13

2 CBB Plays Tuesday

Central Michigan -1.5 -110 (Bookmaker)
    Northern Iowa +12.5 -108 (Heritage)

YTD: 180-170-7, -0.27

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Eastern Mich 7-2 at home, Central 1-5 on the road.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Every single team that Central Michigan lost to is ranked considerably higher than Eastern Michigan (297th). Central is ranked a full 100 spots higher (197th). Eastern ranks 344th out of 347 D-I teams in effective field goal percentage, and looking at the 7-2 at home. they have one good win (Purdue) and the two losses came to Oakland and 278th ranked Ball State.

RetardStrength
    RetardStrength's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6729

I agree with LT here on C Mich... Good luck tonight

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18710

Im alittle worried about Northern Iowa

LT Profits

CBB 4-Play

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    2 CBB Plays Tuesday

Central Michigan -1.5 -110 (Bookmaker)
    Northern Iowa +12.5 -108 (Heritage)

YTD: 180-170-7, -0.27
    Adding:

Wake Forest / Clemson OVER 57.5 -110 (First Half) (Heritage)
    Wisconsin / Indiana UNDER 132.5 -105 (5 Dimes)

CBB Card Complete

RavensFan2k3

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    Im alittle worried about Northern Iowa
    Do you have a write up for this? If so, I would love to read it. Thank you.

LT Profits

Northern Iowa offense plays very slow, ranking 296th in tempo rating, and Creighton doesn't have the defense to disrupt it, ranking 290th in defensive turnover percentage. McDermott has only averaged around 15 points in five games vs. UNI because the Panthers have a bigger guy (Jake Koch) that has always defended him well.

AlwaysDrawing
    AlwaysDrawing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 279

Congrats on turning your season around.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysDrawing View Post
    Congrats on turning your season around.
    Thanks bud!

OhMyEli
    OhMyEli's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks bud!
    I have not been too active here as I've been busier and was also in Vegas, but very surprised to see you've turned it around considering how miserable you were doing earlier. Has this just been the statistical norming or did you change anything? I saw you've been getting a lot of the +1 and half point wins, but anything more fundamental?

My question on Creighton though is they only really struggle when a team takes jumpshots against them. UNI is pretty bad in offensive efficiency and I wonder if they can shoot enough in terms of pure bulk as Creighton is pretty poor defensively but can play offense well. I see a 15+ win for Creighton honestly, unless UNI can shoot a lot and for a high percentage.

CashDummy
    CashDummy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 349

Quote Originally Posted by OhMyEli View Post
    I have not been too active here as I've been busier and was also in Vegas, but very surprised to see you've turned it around considering how miserable you were doing earlier. Has this just been the statistical norming or did you change anything? I saw you've been getting a lot of the +1 and half point wins, but anything more fundamental?

My question on Creighton though is they only really struggle when a team takes jumpshots against them. UNI is pretty bad in offensive efficiency and I wonder if they can shoot enough in terms of pure bulk as Creighton is pretty poor defensively but can play offense well. I see a 15+ win for Creighton honestly, unless UNI can shoot a lot and for a high percentage.
    I bet against Creighton in their last 2 games and what a fatal mistake that was. I thought this would be a good spot for UNI and should be able to hold Creighton to a close game. On the other hand if Creighton breaks lose they can easily win by DD as they did against Drake and Mo. Looking back we can see that Indiana State beat UNI at UNI's home and Creighton beat Indiana State by 13 or so at Creighton home court. Historically Creighton struggles with UNI at home but I think the 3 pointers might make the difference this time around.

I'm staying far from this game as possible since there are better games for wagers

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by OhMyEli View Post

No I didn't change a thing, but the reality is that I got basically everything back in one day by going 20-3 with several + odds winners on Saturday. So the consistency still hasn't been there for me. As for this game, UNI may slow the pace down so much that Creighton may not get enough possessions to win by as much as they would with a "normal" pace, especially if Koch defends McDermitt well again. Then again, Creighton could also start the game with a 16-0 lead and blow UNI's strategy to hell. There are no guarantees, but I did see Pinny go to 10.5 a little while ago.

OhMyEli
    OhMyEli's Avatar Become A Pro!

No I didn't change a thing, but the reality is that I got basically everything back in one day by going 20-3 with several + odds winners on Saturday. So the consistency still hasn't been there for me. As for this game, UNI may slow the pace down so much that Creighton may not get enough possessions to win by as much as they would with a "normal" pace, especially if Koch defends McDermitt well again. Then again, Creighton could also start the game with a 16-0 lead and blow UNI's strategy to hell. There are no guarantees, but I did see Pinny go to 10.5 a little while ago.
    I see bud, well good luck. I'd love to tail but ill wait until you keep up the good work. I'm going with Creighton TT o72

southpaw74
    southpaw74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

Creighton 12-3 ats is enought to worry me. But I understand the northern slow play angle to.

nicktran808
    nicktran808's Avatar Become A Pro!

Heading to the Creighton game now. Will report in.

onacloud
    onacloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

Michigan line going crazy Central Michigan +2 and +120 ML

I locked in the -1 wish I would've waited 5 min and grabbed the +120 ML

RavensFan2k3

Quote Originally Posted by onacloud View Post
    Michigan line going crazy Central Michigan +2 and +120 ML

I locked in the -1 wish I would've waited 5 min and grabbed the +120 ML
    I was gonna ask, should we be worried about the line movement?