Larrythelegend
    Larrythelegend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 374

MVC is going crazy

If Missouri State can finish this one out it will make Ill St 0-4 in the MVC.

Yet more surprising this makes Missouri St team, that only won to non conference games, 3-1! That is bizarre. This is in the making of a great season in the MVC.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

I would of never guessed 0-4 for Illinois ST...

BTW I love reading youre info posted about this conference,

Much appreciated, pal!

sigtauslimer
    sigtauslimer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 536

No, we've seen this before (Sycamore '99-03 and annual returnee for many events). This usually ends up hurting us. I remember 2-3 separate years in the past 10 or so where 4 teams would tear thru non-conf and MVC would look like a very tough group of teams. Then we just beat each other up and 3 top teams all have 3-4 conf losses and the committee overlooks us.

nicktran808
    nicktran808's Avatar Become A Pro!

Roll Jays >>>>>>>>

lol

Larrythelegend

MVC games tomorrow:
    Indiana State 9-5 (2-1 MVC) -6 vs Bradley10-5 (2-1 MVC) 7:05
    Northern Iowa 8-7 (1-2 MVC) -6 vs Evansville 9-6 (2-1 MVC) 8:00
    Wichita State -16 14-1 (3-0 MVC) -16 vs Southern Illinois 7-7 (0-3 MVC)

The game I like in the Missouri Valley tomorrow night is UNI -6 at home vs Evansville. UNI really needs this game to stay competitive in the Valley this year. I think this Evansville start in conference is too good to be true and see UNI winning by 10+

Larrythelegend

Quote Originally Posted by nicktran808 View Post
    Roll Jays >>>>>>>>

lol
    Just too good. Ready to see them and Wichita St duke it out.

Larrythelegend

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    I would of never guessed 0-4 for Illinois ST...

BTW I love reading youre info posted about this conference,

Much appreciated, pal!
    Thanks man

My contribution to this forum. Its the only thing I know well.

nicktran808

Northern Iowa and Ill. St. are disappointments so far. Creighton's home finale will be against WSU, should be a good one. Jan 19 they'll be playing at WSU after taking on UNI at home on the 15th.

In fact, these next 3 games will be tough. @MOSU on Fri the 11th, vs. UNI 15th, @WSU 19th. Not gonna lie, I'm worried about this upcoming stretch. But if Creighton can clear this stretch, I feel that they can finish off the season perfectly.

Larrythelegend

Quote Originally Posted by sigtauslimer View Post
    No, we've seen this before (Sycamore '99-03 and annual returnee for many events). This usually ends up hurting us. I remember 2-3 separate years in the past 10 or so where 4 teams would tear thru non-conf and MVC would look like a very tough group of teams. Then we just beat each other up and 3 top teams all have 3-4 conf losses and the committee overlooks us.
    I would agree normally. But the top two teams are being successful. Which gives us our best chance at the 3 bid year, as long as a team outside the top two can upset everyone and win in STL.

Larrythelegend

Northern Iowa and Ill. St. are disappointments so far. Creighton's home finale will be against WSU, should be a good one. Jan 19 they'll be playing at WSU after taking on UNI at home on the 15th.

In fact, these next 3 games will be tough. @MOSU on Fri the 11th, vs. UNI 15th, @WSU 19th. Not gonna lie, I'm worried about this upcoming stretch. But if Creighton can clear this stretch, I feel that they can finish off the season perfectly.
    Missouri State will shit their pants soon. Its all too good to be true. Creighton will snap them back to reality.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Larry,

Whats you're thoughts on you're boys tonight? At first glance Bradley + 6 looked like a play

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Line dropping big time, I knew it was too high.

Its the only line I looked at right away tonight and told myself that's not right.

Not betting into a bad # now although I still think it might not matter

Larrythelegend

Line dropping big time, I knew it was too high.

Its the only line I looked at right away tonight and told myself that's not right.

Not betting into a bad # now although I still think it might not matter
    Indiana State -6 was waaaaaay too much. But I didn't want to touch it. If it keeps going the direction it is, I like ISU. But -4.5 is still too much.

Larrythelegend

Great win for the Sycamores...... And yet again they cover. Some other good games. UNI in a close one vs Evansville. And Wichita is finally pulling away.

southpaw74
    southpaw74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

Sycamores are for real. I don't bet against them!

Larrythelegend

Quote Originally Posted by southpaw74 View Post
    Sycamores are for real. I don't bet against them!
    Can't wait to get Wichita and Creighton at home. We drew a little over 5,000 tonight (which is a ton for a game like this)so we should have a lot for those games(8,000+). Last year nearly beat Creighton at home came down to the last few seconds.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

nice win again larry!

Larrythelegend

Larrythelegend's MVC Power Rankings:
    1. Creighton 15-1 (4-0 MVC)
    2. Wichita State 15-1 (4-0 MVC)
    3. Indiana State 10-5 (3-1 MVC)
    4. Bradley 10-6 (2-2 MVC)
    5. Illinois State 9-7 (0-4 MVC)
    6. Evansville 10-6 (3-1 MVC)
    7. Southern Illinois 7-8 (0-4 MVC)
    8.Nothern Iowa 8-8 (1-3 MVC)
    9. Drake 6-9 (0-4 MVC)
    10. Missouri State 5-11 (3-1 MVC)

Teams 3-6 is hard to tell. But as the season progresses those teams will be battling for position the most.

Larrythelegend

Not to say I told you all so about Creighton putting Missouri State in their place, but I told you so. Three MVC games on this fine Saturday:
    Bradley 10-6 (2-2 MVC) @ Nothern Iowa 8-8 (1-3 MVC) -6 2:00pm
    Illinois State 9-7 (0-4 MVC) vs Drake 6-9 (0-4 MVC) +11.5 8:00pm
    Indiana State 10-5 (3-1 MVC) @ Southern Illinois 7-8 (0-4 MVC) +2.5 8:05pm

After looking at these I have found one I really like tonight and that is Illinois State -11.5 at home vs Drake. Drake isn't a very good team this season and Illinois State has the potential to be a great team. Ill St needs this win more than anything so I expect them to beat up on Drake pretty bad. So far this season in the Valley Drake has lost their four games on an average of 16 points. Bottom line; take Illinois State.

I'm going to stay away for the Bradley game. But if i were to take someone in that game it would be Bradley +6 without a doubt. Too good of a team to be getting that many points vs Northern Iowa. Bradley has played for marquee games this season so I expect them to cover, or even win this. But the random stuff that happens in MVC games like this one is keeping me away.

Indiana State -2.5 at SIU will also be a play. I actually don't even like it too much. Hell the only reason I'm betting on the Sycamores is because they have been covering every damn game. So why not take them? Until they do me dirty I will be on them every game. I do expect Indiana State to go on this road trip and play well. Coach Greg Lansing has these guys locked in. We crushed Bradley the other night at home, and we didn't even play that good. Gant, Arop, and Odum are starting to be the stars of this team that carry them game to game. S0 expect them them to have a good night.

Well that is it for this Saturday MVC basketball rant. Hope this is helpful to you all. Good luck with your endeavors.

Larrythelegend

Some interesting lines for tomorrows games.

Wichita State -2 vs Creighton 4pm on ESPN2
    Indiana State -4.5 vs Evansville 8pm on FSN

Valley fans have all been excited for the Shockers and Jays match up. Looking at this right now I would have to take the Shox -2. But I won't wager anything on it until tip to watch the line movement.

Indiana State is -4.5, which I think is a lot. ISU played very poorly vs Missouri State. Yet, so did Evansville at Drake, a game they can't afford to lose. So that match up should be a good one.

I expect both these lines to move towards a PK. If the ISU line moves towards a pick, the move I will be putting on the Sycamores. If the CU/WSU line moves towards a PK I like Creighton. If the Shox are -2 or more I like them in that match up.

These two games are very important for each team. It is the top 4 teams in the valley. The 1-2 match up and the 3-4 match up. This will be an exciting Saturday for all Valley fans!

Larrythelegend

The Shockers have moved to -3. That is where I will lock them in at. At the moment Indian State is -4 (-105), if that line hits -3.5 I will lock the Sycamores in.

I love seeing the movement that I wanted.

Romanov
    Diapason Knells
    Romanov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

What about bradley vs most?

Larrythelegend

Quote Originally Posted by Romanov View Post
    What about bradley vs most?
    I never would have touched it. Bradley by 10+ is my guess. Home team there is big.

nicktran808

Creighton is getting boned by the Refs

Although our free throw shooting is terrible right now

Larrythelegend

Creighton is getting boned by the Refs

Although our free throw shooting is terrible right now
    Century Link and the round house are just tough to play in.

nicktran808

Quote Originally Posted by Larrythelegend View Post
    Century Link and the round house are just tough to play in.
    Creighton can't get any defensive rebounds

Wichita State's offense is horrendous... they just throw it up and rely on 2nd and 3rd chances

Larrythelegend

Down goes Creighton. It was a push for me, but for most Wichita State probably covered. Indiana State also covered.

Larrythelegend

Well the Sycamores are +8 at Illinois State?! Didn't see that coming....

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Yes that line is awfully high, but Illinois St has been a big disappointment ( i had them as my biggest sleeper).

Maybe they get it together tonight, but IND ST Ml sure looks like its atleast worth a small shot

Larrythelegend

Yes that line is awfully high, but Illinois St has been a big disappointment ( i had them as my biggest sleeper).

Maybe they get it together tonight, but IND ST Ml sure looks like its atleast worth a small shot
    Yeah. I got 4U on the +8 and 4U ML +320.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Larry do you attend all the home gameS?

Larrythelegend

Larry do you attend all the home gameS?
    Everyone one. Went to the away game at Ball State, skipped the IUPUI game, not going tonight, but going to the @ Evansville game. Also will be at all games of the MVC tournament in St. Louis.

Larrythelegend

Creighton goes down at Drake and Indiana State goes down at Illinois State. Crazy night in the MVC.

Larrythelegend

Huge game tomorrow for the Shockers and the Sycamores. WSU is current 25th in the nation, but also Indiana State is getting to love in the media.

Seth Davis on Odum: "Izzo better be careful getting in this kid's grill, because Odum gives as good as he gets. He has terrific size for a point guard and he knows how to use it. Odum leads the Sycamores in scoring at 14.2 points per game, but the Jigsaw Man believes he would sublimate his scoring for the chance to play for a Big Ten title. Odum is third in the Missouri Valley in assists (4.5), eighth in steals (1.5) and 10th in assist-to-turnover ratio (1.65-to-1). He also averages 4.6 rebounds and makes 76 percent of his free throws. In fact, the Jigsaw Man notices a resemblance between Odum and Dane Fife, the former Indiana Hoosier who is now Izzo's assistant. If Izzo likes having Fife next to him on the bench, he's gonna love having Fife's clone on the floor.

ESPN's Andy Katz on Indiana State:

"If you're looking for a potential sleeper NCAA team, file away Indiana State. The Sycamores beat Miami and Ole Miss at the Diamond Head Classic, two wins that are looking better with each passing day. ISU has two shots at Wichita State and one more against Creighton for high-profile Valley wins."

ESPN's Myron Medcalf lists Indiana State as one of his teams that could/should crack the polls in the near future. Here's Medcalf's breakdown of the Sycamores.

"The Sycamores have held Missouri Valley foes to a 41.2 percent clip in league play, second only to Wichita State's 39.4 percent mark. They've defeated Miami and Ole Miss. … And they've lost to Morehead State and Southern Illinois. Confusing, right? Well, Indiana State can end the mystery by beating the Shockers on the road when the two teams meet Tuesday. Voters will definitely pay attention if the Sycamores secure the win and prove that the MVC is more than a two-team race between Creighton and WSU."
    ________________________________________ ________________________________________ _____

Alrighty enough with that. This line has come out at Wichita State -12. Interesting line. I would normally go for the Shox every time in this situation. But the problem is, this games it AT Wichita State. That is why I like the Sycamores.

Lets look at it deeper:
    The last five games with these two teams in Wichita had ended very closely. And that is surprising because the Shox are way better every year than ISU. So the scores from the past five years in Wichita are.....
    2011-2012 WSU-71 ISU-66
    2010-2011 WSU-93 ISU-83 3OT
    2009-2010 WSU-76 ISU-70
    2008-2009 WSU-76 ISU-70
    2007-2008 WSU-65 ISU-60

So you can clearly see this match up has been close in the past five years. But here is more statistics that make me believe Indiana State cover....
    Sycamores are 5-1-1 ATS in the last 7 meetings at Wichita State
    Road team is 9-1 ATS in the last 10 meetings.

Tomorrow my play will be Indiana State + the points. I think the trend will remain the same in this match up. Expect a physical basketball game.

GO STATE

Last edited by Larrythelegend; 01-28-13 at 10:46 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Louisvillekid1

Larrythelegend

All of the MVC is in action on Saturday. Looking at the match ups there are a few teams I am going to be looking to put a wager on.....
    Southern Illinois at Illinois State
    -Really liking Illinois State team in this matchup. This team is way better than what their record shows. I expect the Redbirds to have a big win at home in front of their fans.

Wichita State at Northern Iowa
    -I think Wichita State wins this one on the road by 10+. No road game in the valley is easy. But Wichita State cannot afford to drop this game, because they will fall out of the top 25. The Shockers have to be a little angry after that loss from Ind St on their home floor. I expect the Shox to come out firing.

No play on the Creighton vs Bradley game. No play on the Missouri State vs Evansville game. Those match ups are way too unpredictable.

Indiana State at Drake
    -Don't know what to do with this game here. No action for me right now. Bad spot for the Sycamores coming off of the big win at WSU. Also possibly looking ahead the the Creighton game Wednesday. Also, I know as of prior to the WSU game on Tuesday Justin Gant and Jake Odum were both pretty sick. As of now its a lean towards Drake.

To leave you with a little fun and preparation for next Wednesday.....

Yes, that is an Indiana State football player doing this promo for the Creighton game. Soooooooo cheesy but funny. Huge push to sell out the Hulman Center for this game. Going to be interesting.......

123 Last