SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

John Fina: Matadors +6˝ at Redbirds

Matadors +6˝ at Redbirds

Game Time: 11/20/2006 8:00:00 PM
    By: John Fina
    The Professional Handicappers League™. Serving the Sports Handicapping Industry Since 1996!

The Cal State (Northridge) Matadors are the right pick tonight on the road against the Illinois State Redbirds.

Today Cal State-Northridge will be on the road as they take on Illinois State. We will side with Cal State-Northridge plus the points.

By the looks of what we have seen from Illinois State, they have the same problem as they did last season, and that problem is they struggle to score. The Redbirds are averaging just over 60 points per game, and that type of offensive production is not going to win games. This is shown by Illinois State being 1-2 to start the season.

As for the Cal State-Northridge offense, it has been solid. The Matadors are shooting at 46.7% overall and hitting at 40% with three-pointers. While Illinois State will be at home today, that in itself is not that big of an advantage. Some teams play super-well at home, but Illinois State does not, finishing just 9-6 on their own court last season. The value is with the road underdog.

Play: Cal State-Northridge +6˝

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I too like Northridge in this game myself.

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't know anything about either team, but I think I'll jump onboard the Northridge train after looking at a few statistics from early in the season...

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have a small lean towards Illinois State, but will pass.