play4win
    play4win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5173

why do people bet on college bball?

canisius vs unlv. another 0.5point that does'nt cover!
    college players are not full grown amateurs! bastard penetrates!

Lift2beFit
    Lift2beFit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1571

UNLV covered the .5, what do you mean?

oh you must have taken caniscus... that may or may not have been the reason the .5 missed.

better luck next time mate

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

yep so many times these kids fukked me in the ass 3 front door cover games i had to endured this year to be exact.

AribaAriba
    AribaAriba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

fouling 17 down LOL ive seen it all

TheeArchBishop
    TheeArchBishop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3656

I personally love the torture. It's effen great.

Larrythelegend
    Larrythelegend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 374

I love NCAAB. Better than all the corruption in the NBA. You never know what you'll get in the NBA. The only thing it comes down to in NBA games is the last 6 minutes.

Lift2beFit
    Lift2beFit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1571

Quote Originally Posted by Larrythelegend View Post
    I love NCAAB. Better than all the corruption in the NBA. You never know what you'll get in the NBA. The only thing it comes down to in NBA games is the last 6 minutes.
    They might as well start the scores at 80 - 80 in the 4th quarter and let them go. the first 3 quarters are just a warm up

Larrythelegend

Quote Originally Posted by Lift2beFit View Post
    They might as well start the scores at 80 - 80 in the 4th quarter and let them go. the first 3 quarters are just a warm up
    Exactly

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

For me, betting is about looking for consistency of play, and soft lines. CBB has both. Whereas Soccer has the tie option, baseball and hockey can be skewed by a hot pitcher or goalie, NBA players taking games off, and NFL lines being too sharp, CBB offers:

-Massive Home Court Advantage: The NCAA discovered a few years back that about 70% of college basketball games are won by the home team. Unlike NBA Arenas, College teams tend to play in smaller gyms where the students sit closer to the court.

-Massive Talent Disparity: The gap in talent is huge even between members of the same conference. Occasionally you might get burned by a game where a team will get unusually hot from 3, but mostly your average college basketball player can't hit a wide open jump shot more than 35% of the time. Teams with NBA talent have a much easier time scoring than those that don't.

-More motivation: The NBA has 82 game seasons with more than half the teams making the playoffs. You better believe teams and players are taking games off. In college conference title races, and positioning for seeds, and trying to get off the bubble makes practically every game a must-win no matter where you're ranked. In college basketball if you're a team with nothing to play for, its probably because you're really really bad, the type of team that would lose to a tournament team by double digits even at home.

-Soft lines: Someone pointed out last week that as awesome as Indiana/Butler was it still had worse ratings than the New Mexico Bowl, even though the basketball game was on CBS and the bowl game was on cable. Once I turned on the radio in my car during the first weekend of the NCAA tournament when there were numerous exciting games going on at once and all they were talking about was the NFL Draft. Face it: people just don't care about anything that isn't football. The books don't put much effort into making lines, especially since with 347 D-I teams there are so many games. During conference championship week, the lines are so soft it will blow your mind.

Dom177
    Dom177's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1210

Buy the hook

cok puke
    cok puke's Avatar Become A Pro!

College football and bball are the best sports to cap / bet because of the talent discrepancy. In professional sports, this discrepancy is minimal; that's why the Jags could've beaten the Pats yesterday. This is not typically the case in college.

Larrythelegend

Quote Originally Posted by agharah1 View Post
    For me, betting is about looking for consistency of play, and soft lines. CBB has both. Whereas Soccer has the tie option, baseball and hockey can be skewed by a hot pitcher or goalie, NBA players taking games off, and NFL lines being too sharp, CBB offers:

-Massive Home Court Advantage: The NCAA discovered a few years back that about 70% of college basketball games are won by the home team. Unlike NBA Arenas, College teams tend to play in smaller gyms where the students sit closer to the court.

-Massive Talent Disparity: The gap in talent is huge even between members of the same conference. Occasionally you might get burned by a game where a team will get unusually hot from 3, but mostly your average college basketball player can't hit a wide open jump shot more than 35% of the time. Teams with NBA talent have a much easier time scoring than those that don't.

-More motivation: The NBA has 82 game seasons with more than half the teams making the playoffs. You better believe teams and players are taking games off. In college conference title races, and positioning for seeds, and trying to get off the bubble makes practically every game a must-win no matter where you're ranked. In college basketball if you're a team with nothing to play for, its probably because you're really really bad, the type of team that would lose to a tournament team by double digits even at home.

-Soft lines: Someone pointed out last week that as awesome as Indiana/Butler was it still had worse ratings than the New Mexico Bowl, even though the basketball game was on CBS and the bowl game was on cable. Once I turned on the radio in my car during the first weekend of the NCAA tournament when there were numerous exciting games going on at once and all they were talking about was the NFL Draft. Face it: people just don't care about anything that isn't football. The books don't put much effort into making lines, especially since with 347 D-I teams there are so many games. During conference championship week, the lines are so soft it will blow your mind.
    Home court advantage is huge!