2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

tues ncaa hoops discussion

decent amount of gms on card today,,who ya like? why you like them? lets hear it, im off work just chillin so give me some things to consider....

ill start with one..

Illinois-chicago -2... number feels little short for a team that been playing and beating some quality opponents, play very good defense and are facing a west ill team that has ugly offensive numbers playing a bunch of teams outside of the top 200 in the nation, 10 days off for a team that struggles offensively already to me isnt a good thing,,, i get the better defensive team, better free throw shooting team, and the team that has played and beat some real competition and i only gotta lay 2? sign me up...

RetardStrength
    RetardStrength's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6729

I like it.

PPOD for me is Utah -6

I also like Wyoming @ home. I'm not buying the "trap" mentality... This team is no joke

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by RetardStrength View Post
    I like it.

PPOD for me is Utah -6

I also like Wyoming @ home. I'm not buying the "trap" mentality... This team is no joke
    utah looks pretty solid to me, always like backing team favored after being beaten in 1st matchup.. utah has played well since that gm and smu been doing some traveling, good chance i join you there...

ive never been a "trap" believer, to me they all just numbers, maybe ppl trap themselves i guess but far as a line being set to trick ppl? dont believe it makes any sense....that said as much as i like fading den on the road that line feels slightly high to me, both teams play at such a slow pace that it hard for me to give up over 3 possessions, wyo also gives away a lot from behind the arc and that where den lives,,if i wasnt so conditioned to never bet den on the road id prob consider them but more than likely just a pass for me...

abovepar
    abovepar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1438

Lsu -1.5 vs UCI
    0-1 on the road and lost by 19 to Boise state. Boise is pretty good and Lsu first road game. Blew a 8-10 point first half lead.

UCI had played some quality opponents but hasn't beat one. Their first game against Nevada has to be their best win.

UCI has struggled to score and it appears as long as LSU can score 60-65 they will cover.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by abovepar View Post
    Lsu -1.5 vs UCI
    0-1 on the road and lost by 19 to Boise state. Boise is pretty good and Lsu first road game. Blew a 8-10 point first half lead.

UCI had played some quality opponents but hasn't beat one. Their first game against Nevada has to be their best win.

UCI has struggled to score and it appears as long as LSU can score 60-65 they will cover.
    i seriously was considering uc irvine but couldnt quite convince myself,,they can play some d and have some size,,lsu to me is not a very good team and holy shit their free throw shooting! (56.9%), between lsu crazy turnover percentage (almost a qrtr of their possessions end in turnovers) and their abysmal free throw shooting they just not a team i can back on the road against anyone with a pulse...you right uc irvine is no prize but they have competed against a few teams much better than these tigers imo (in fairness they have also lost to worse teams)... i dunno, if you made me play it id lean to taking + money on the home team if i could get it, not that id be thrilled about it tho...bol

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN
    GiveMeaBJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 335

Idk about you guys but i just cant bring myself to bet a lot of these games during finals.

I went kansas and ucla both 1h

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by GiveMeaBJ View Post
    Idk about you guys but i just cant bring myself to bet a lot of these games during finals.

I went kansas and ucla both 1h
    i hear yea,,honestly i dont start getting real serious with it till after 1st of the year, just dabble with small amounts until then..

abovepar
    abovepar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1438

I just took a ML nc state and Wyoming. I feel comfortable with them both winning. I have to pay for it but a wins a win.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    i hear yea,,honestly i dont start getting real serious with it till after 1st of the year, just dabble with small amounts until then..
    Thats wut im trying to do bank keep the plays small and selective. Keep my eyes open and get these teams pegged by conference play.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by abovepar View Post
    I just took a ML nc state and Wyoming. I feel comfortable with them both winning. I have to pay for it but a wins a win.
    you may be on to something there...possibly throw the utes in there to make little better odds??

jinxpro13
    jinxpro13's Avatar Become A Pro!

you may be on to something there...possibly throw the utes in there to make little better odds??
    throw in utah.

liking the uic flames as well, but what up with the crazy line movement???

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by jinxpro13 View Post
    throw in utah.

liking the uic flames as well, but what up with the crazy line movement???
    i dunno, i try not to trip on that shit.. unless there some kind of injury or news out to me it just someone/group of someones with some cash that disagree..

jinxpro13

i dunno, i try not to trip on that shit.. unless there some kind of injury or news out to me it just someone/group of someones with some cash that disagree..
    makin me think there is some injury news we dont know of? who knows. ill bet it anyways.

HOT WINGS
    HOT WINGS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3651

See a lot of value with some of dogs today. Like Bowling Green, UCF, Richmond, Youngstown, Cal Irvine, Furman, Jacksonville State, ODU. No strong opinion on UIC. Don't like em on the road as much as at home, but then again how full is this Western Illinois Gym going to be during the break. Probably not too full I am guessing. GL

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

makin me think there is some injury news we dont know of? who knows. ill bet it anyways.
    there isnt I would know if there was an injury. I have connections at UIC and WIU

HatersGonnaHate
    HatersGonnaHate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 272

Who do you like in that uic and wiu game COU

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Good thread banker!

I'll contribute,

Richmond +15.5 $88 - $80

Kansas Is meeting a very confident and hungry Richmond squad Tuesday Night on National Tv. The Jayhawks have been cruising since the Mich St game but really haven't beat anyone. I mean they caught Belmont coming off emotional Bracket buster game w/ MTSU and they only had 1 day to prepare for KU. Caught Colorado Coming off CSU game and just light them up @ home.

The Spiders are building confidence and they can really stroke the rock. They shoot a high percentage and really run that Princeton style offense well. Now KU only has 2 practices to prepare for this offense and I like that angle here.

Kansas has shot the 3 well in the past two games, but before that they weren't, if they get cold from outside they could get upset. Also Don't forget they are traveling to play fellow top 10 squad Ohio St Saturday.

They better not get caught looking ahead, as they are on upset alert imo.

Hopefully they don't get crushed on the glass, but like I said earlier the short preparation time to defend the Princeton Offense should allow the Spiders to score enough for atleast the cover. This is line is too high.

GL

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

I have small leans on NC St, UCF, UCLA, but not strong enough to make them plays...

2daBank

couple guys i respect on that play LK and i understand it, might not be as rockin at ku tonight, potential look ahead, i get it..that said the only 2 real teams richmond has played they got smoked and neither were as tough a test as tonight, i gotta see it to believe it with this richmond team cause there just nothing there for me to trust yet, they will get hammered inside and will have to take a hell of a opening punch, maybe they can hold up and it is a lot of points but i gotta pass...thanx for contributing as i respect your opinion, hope you guys cash it!

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

I am not sold on richmond. I think if the 15 is covered it will be a late backdoor job. Kansas should build a comfortable lead early they are too good for richmond.

2daBank

I am not sold on richmond. I think if the 15 is covered it will be a late backdoor job. Kansas should build a comfortable lead early they are too good for richmond.
    think the -8.5 1st half line kinda suggest that,,too steep for me but ku is a buzz saw at their house...

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

think the -8.5 1st half line kinda suggest that,,too steep for me but ku is a buzz saw at their house...
    Exactly i think this will be like cuse/ det last night.

2daBank

it a RAS play i believe, which is usually what i suspect when a line moves like that.. which fine with me, i tend to play a lot of gms against them after the move, pissed i played it before but im adding a little on uic +107 cause obviously i disagree,, i been wrong before tho (of coarse so has he, lol)...

RetardStrength

Exactly i think this will be like cuse/ det last night.
    I disagree. Detroit much more talented than Richmond overall. Cuse shot the lights out the first half, went cold from every line on the court 2nd half (3 point and FT).

I just don't see Kansas size/strength not demolishing Richmond tonight... I see them up DD at half, and never looking back. Relying on the 3 ball is different than pounding it inside against a weaker opponent.

In my opinion, Kansas rolls by over 20. I am not touching this game, though. Was leaning more towards the UNDER if I make a play on this game at all...
    Last edited by RetardStrength; 12-18-12 at 03:53 PM.

gwills
    gwills's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 772

Louisville Kid is smart. Richmond is good and that Princeton stuff as hard as HELL to guard. Easily a team that can keep it under 15. I agree, sir. I would probably be on this but I'm on a teaser that I like and am not the type of bettor to have too many games to follow and have a bunch of my roll tied up.

GL man, I like it. Thanks for the props in the other thread!

jinxpro13

this is what I went with. GL guys. sharp dudes in this thread.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by HOT WINGS View Post
    See a lot of value with some of dogs today. Like Bowling Green, UCF, Richmond, Youngstown, Cal Irvine, Furman, Jacksonville State, ODU. No strong opinion on UIC. Don't like em on the road as much as at home, but then again how full is this Western Illinois Gym going to be during the break. Probably not too full I am guessing. GL
    i had youngstown as a lean but while i was screwing around line dropped and not a fan a playing a gm i could have had a extra 1.5 points in, jacksonville st has my interest as i generally love catching this many points in a gm that i think 60 points will win it (lot how i feel about den/wyo cept my fear of den on the road is too great)..uc irvine was one of 1st that caught my attention and still havnt ruled out playing them, was waiting to se what the best i could do on the ml (+110 now), think they worth it there, as i mentioned lsu to me has a lot of negatives to be playing road fav..

2daBank

this is what I went with. GL guys. sharp dudes in this thread.
    very happy with way thread has went,,,the years i been here ive came across a good number of knowledgeable cats that know their hoops (ncaa used to be by far my fav forum here) , some have popped in here today and there still few other ol timers lurking around i know, hopefully we can make this a somewhat reg thing as you know me i like to chit chat bout this shit

appreciate everyone that has contributed to the discussion...

RetardStrength

very happy with way thread has went,,,the years i been here ive came across a good number of knowledgeable cats that know their hoops (ncaa used to be by far my fav forum here) , some have popped in here today and there still few other ol timers lurking around i know, hopefully we can make this a somewhat reg thing as you know me i like to chit chat bout this shit

Yea bud I agree. I hate all the nonsense and trolling you'll find in a lot of the NBA or NFL threads. I like when we can have civilized discussions. There are great cappers here. I don't consider myself an expert, but I've ALWAYS made money with NCAA hoops. It is hands down my favorite sport to watch and follow, since I was an adolescent... Not to mention I've played ball all my life.

This section def helps with finding value in some of these games that you may have overlooked...

Keep at it, everyone!!

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by gwills View Post
    Louisville Kid is smart. Richmond is good and that Princeton stuff as hard as HELL to guard. Easily a team that can keep it under 15. I agree, sir. I would probably be on this but I'm on a teaser that I like and am not the type of bettor to have too many games to follow and have a bunch of my roll tied up.

GL man, I like it. Thanks for the props in the other thread!
    that is a certainty....as i said several guys i respect are on the spiders, i dont disagree as much as im still unsure of richmond and little scared of ku at home,,i rarely lay dd and wouldnt here, just not real fond of the points either....i saw your teaser, i dont really play teasers in hoops but i think you have a solid one (curious as why you choose tease over ml parlay? but think you cash it)...

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

100% agree, looking forward to it!

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by RetardStrength View Post
    Yea bud I agree. I hate all the nonsense and trolling you'll find in a lot of the NBA or NFL threads. I like when we can have civilized discussions. There are great cappers here. I don't consider myself an expert, but I've ALWAYS made money with NCAA hoops. It is hands down my favorite sport to watch and follow, since I was an adolescent... Not to mention I've played ball all my life.

This section def helps with finding value in some of these games that you may have overlooked...

Keep at it, everyone!!
    starting to build a nice forum down here, ncaa hoops is by far my favorite sport to watch and bet.

Good guys down here, best kept secret on sbr

TheSituation87
    TheSituation87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

KU - 15.5 , NC State -8

Under 144 on NC State -Sanford
    Over 135 1/2 on KU-Richmond

MY score Prediction KU 76 - 60 Richmond
    NC State 78 - 65 Stanford
    Last edited by TheSituation87; 12-18-12 at 04:42 PM.

CappinTerp
    CappinTerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

I am on VCU -17.5, like the fact that they have already played Memphis,Duke and Mizz. They press a lot and play good D. Even if Cook and Price play tonight for WKU..............will they be rusty.? And will it some what affect team chemistry in the very short term.? WKU did play on Sun. w/o them and only lost by 5 to a good Murray St. team. And will WKU be peeking ahead to Louisville on Sat.?

RetardStrength

Honestly the "strongest" plays on the board feel like VCU and NC St.

I've looked at the card 20 times today and can't see VCU not winning by 20+ and NC St not winning by DD's.

It's so tough to angle some of these dogs...

12 Last