MrVJP
    MrVJP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

NC State -5/5.5 @UConn

Alright, I have a small play on this but would like some thought on it before I go into it more.
    NC State showed some poise (finally?) against Michigan in the 2nd half last time out. I expected them to check out as they had done so previously in a big game (vs Ok State) but they didn't.
    When Brown wants, he can score at will or create a good shot for anyone but I don't see that sort of leadership or instinct on every possession.
    NC State has trouble on defense when guards drive to the rim but, again, they showed some large improvement vs Michigan last time out. UConn has been playing some monster defense which has kept them in games this year (well obviously.. they've gone 6-1).
    However, the mismatch I see here is inside. UConn doesn't rebound so well- their defense comes from guard pressure. Leslie and Howell should be able to score well on the inside, no?
    I like NC State here -5, thoughts?

curtrambus
    curtrambus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4799

With ya think it could even be a blowout. Who does Uconn even have as a big guy? I don't see anyone defending these NC State stud athletes who shoot 90% layups in a game.

Dom177
    Dom177's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1210

While UConn hasn't really beaten anybody outside of MSU, neither has NC State. UConn will slow the tempo down, creating turnovers and fouls. NC State already commits more fouls and turnovers than UConn so if they start falling behind they will rely too heavily on the 3 ball. Take UConn +

curtrambus

NCState hung with Michigan who is a legit national title contender the only play here is NC State but BOL either way.

curtrambus

And NC State doesn't even shoot 3's really they were down big to Mich and just kept pounding the paint.

MrVJP

Quote Originally Posted by Dom177 View Post
    While UConn hasn't really beaten anybody outside of MSU, neither has NC State. UConn will slow the tempo down, creating turnovers and fouls. NC State already commits more fouls and turnovers than UConn so if they start falling behind they will rely too heavily on the 3 ball. Take UConn +
    Yea this is what kept me from playing anything big on this but I will say that in the last two games they deviated from jacking up those 3's and continued to pound it inside where UConn does not have anyone of considerate rounded out talent.. If they stick to course they should be fine. I am of the notion that if you keep it close and are still behind you have to foul at the end which more times than not creates a larger gap (except last night, of course, Randy Foye with 3..)
    Anyway, GL to all who's playing!

MrVJP

Quote Originally Posted by curtrambus View Post
    With ya think it could even be a blowout. Who does Uconn even have as a big guy? I don't see anyone defending these NC State stud athletes who shoot 90% layups in a game.
    They have a few young ones but no one is spectacular at the moment. I am not sure about blowout cause Napier can go off and cbb is guard driven.. But hopefully it is