TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Another Head Scratcher

Marquette +11.5 against Florida is a head scratcher. I know Todd Mayo is out the semester with academic issues but Vander Blue will be on the floor tonight from what my research says. On a neutral court, I have Florida as a 2 point favorite. Even if I give them a huge home court advantage for their game tonight, I come up with Florida -6 against Marquette at home. We are talking about 5+ points of value in this game.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

I personally can't bet against Florida tonight, they can fill it up in a hurry. Im on the Over 137 here

gl on whatever you decide

og4667
    og4667's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2920

Marquette +11 looks good to me too but the move from 9.5 to 11 has me feeling uneasy about this bet...we must be missing something here.

Marquette lost by 10 to florida in the Tourney last year and aren't as good as last season while Florida is now at home where they can play with lots of energy. Staying away from this one.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by og4667 View Post
    Marquette +11 looks good to me too but the move from 9.5 to 11 has me feeling uneasy about this bet...we must be missing something here.

Marquette lost by 10 to florida in the Tourney last year and aren't as good as last season while Florida is now at home where they can play with lots of energy. Staying away from this one.

Individual game results are worthless to me. The line was a lot smaller than 10 so that is the number I would use. I think Marquette has a chance to be as good as last year with Otule back and a healthy Gardner. Florida isn't going to be much better than last. They lost their senior point guard and an elite wing in Beal

mlb
    mlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12779

U advocating a play?

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by mlb View Post
    U advocating a play?
    screaming a play

mlb
    mlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12779

I think everytime I've followed one of ur single bet threads it's losed .... ffffff

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by mlb View Post
    I think everytime I've followed one of ur single bet threads it's losed .... ffffff
    shit happens but you have to know that if this game is played 100 times, Marquette covers 11 more than 50. Tough to lose but thats why bankroll management is huge in this sport

Ambition
    The Professor
    Ambition's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2452

I just don't see how you could back Marquette in this spot, IMO. I loved Florida right from the get go! Loved the RLM going in my favor and always love going against the public. Same with ND tonight, I hope you didn't get caught with Kentucky also.

J_smiff
    J_smiff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16095

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    if this game is played 100 times, Marquette covers 11 more than 50
    Lol, sure they do.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by J_smiff View Post
    Lol, sure they do.
    you are clueless pal. Unless Florida is as good as UK last year or Marquette is drastically underrated, it was a good call

J_smiff

you are clueless pal. Unless Florida is as good as UK last year or Marquette is drastically underrated, it was a good call
    Take the Big East blinders off pal. Marquette got their shit handed to them from tip off, they won't be a tournament team, and Florida will be a top 2 seed. And they were at home.

TPowell

Take the Big East blinders off pal. Marquette got their shit handed to them from tip off, they won't be a tournament team, and Florida will be a top 2 seed. And they were at home.

lol are you an idiot? Marquette is most certainly a tourny team. You idiots respond too much to one game

J_smiff

lol are you an idiot? Marquette is most certainly a tourny team. You idiots respond too much to one game
    Bubble team at best. And no this isn't from one game, they looked like shit against a terrible USC team. And I really don't think Butler is a tournament team either.

TPowell

Bubble team at best. And no this isn't from one game, they looked like shit against a terrible USC team. And I really don't think Butler is a tournament team either.

a terrible USC team? Butler not a tourny team?

TPowell

First of all, they beat that USC team by 5+ points and Butler had to hit a buzzer beating prayer to beat them and both are potential tourny teams. Second of all, when is the last time Marquette missed the tourny?

uncynd
    America Jr
    uncynd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

First of all, they beat that USC team by 5+ points and Butler had to hit a buzzer beating prayer to beat them and both are potential tourny teams. Second of all, when is the last time Marquette missed the tourny?
    2004 & 2005
    Last edited by uncynd; 11-29-12 at 11:29 PM.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by uncynd View Post

thanks, I knew Williams had been every year and Crean had a great run but didnt remember off the top of my head. Point is, this team is a legit team. Florida may be a final 4 team but that doesn't mean they were the play tonight at all

uncynd
    America Jr

middle of the standings big east teams are legit still?

J_smiff

a terrible USC team? Butler not a tourny team?
    Yes, a terrible USC team. They were 6-26 last year and aren't a whole lot better this year. Wtf makes you think they're good? Beating Texas? lol

Marquette without Crowder and Johnson-Odom are a completely different team. Its Vander Blue and Davante Gardener and that's about it.

TPowell

Yes, a terrible USC team. They were 6-26 last year and aren't a whole lot better this year. Wtf makes you think they're good? Beating Texas? lol

Marquette without Crowder and Johnson-Odom are a completely different team. Its Vander Blue and Davante Gardener and that's about it.

how about they have a great coach and they had every injury known to man last year?? penetrating dumbass.

Ambition
    The Professor

I might take sides with JSmiff on this one. USC is definitely not a great squad. They haven't improved that much from last year and last year for them was atrocious. I don't see USC making the tourney this year. As for Marquette, they significantly dropped from last year. Yes, there coach is good but, losing the players that they did I just don't seem them being a powerhouse team anymore. We will see later into the season how they do.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by Ambition View Post
    I might take sides with JSmiff on this one. USC is definitely not a great squad. They haven't improved that much from last year and last year for them was atrocious. I don't see USC making the tourney this year. As for Marquette, they significantly dropped from last year. Yes, there coach is good but, losing the players that they did I just don't seem them being a powerhouse team anymore. We will see later into the season how they do.

not much better? Look at the lines they've got this year opposed to late last year and how they've fared. This USC team may not make they tourny this year but they'll win some games against quality teams and be right there close to the bubble IMO

J_smiff

how about they have a great coach and they had every injury known to man last year?? penetrating dumbass.
    Lol ya, they were 5-14 when they lost Fuller, and 2 games later at 5-16 lost Dedmon.
    So Jio Fontan must be the next OJ Mayo huh? No you're right, I'm the penetrating dumbass here.

Ambition
    The Professor

not much better? Look at the lines they've got this year opposed to late last year and how they've fared. This USC team may not make they tourny this year but they'll win some games against quality teams and be right there close to the bubble IMO
    We shall see. I agree they should get more wins than last year but, were just going to have to wait and find out.

uncynd
    America Jr

Buzz wouldn't be my first pick as a head coach

J_smiff

Lol ya, they were 5-14 when they lost Fuller, and 2 games later at 5-16 lost Dedmon.
    So Jio Fontan must be the next OJ Mayo huh? No you're right, I'm the penetrating dumbass here.
    Not to mention the Pac 12 was absolute garbage last year.

TPowell

Fontan is the best scorer on that team sooooo obviously he's very important. You're an idiot. I hope you don't bet college hoops for your own stake. Look at the lines you penetrating idiot

J_smiff

Fontan is the best scorer on that team sooooo obviously he's very important. You're an idiot. I hope you don't bet college hoops for your own stake. Look at the lines you penetrating idiot
    4th leading scorer, another good try tho. And I'm up 50 units already this year, I think I'll keep betting....

I think I'm gonna call it a night tho, can't handle much more of your stupidity.

TPowell

4th leading scorer, another good try tho. And I'm up 50 units already this year, I think I'll keep betting....

I think I'm gonna call it a night tho, can't handle much more of your stupidity.

if you are that good you should notice that USC is "overvalued" according to your logic

Mr. Doughnut
    Mr. Doughnut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1778

Has there ever even been a Big East team TPowell hasn't jizzed thinking about? Blinders were in full effect tonight. Go back to your west-end, meth lab trailer park.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Doughnut View Post
    Has there ever even been a Big East team TPowell hasn't jizzed thinking about? Blinders were in full effect tonight. Go back to your west-end, meth lab trailer park.

what an ignorant asshole. Hopefully your barn of a house doesn't blow away in the wind prick

J_smiff

if you are that good you should notice that USC is "overvalued" according to your logic
    Lol ya, I hammered Marquette and Illinois against them and made a small play on the Texas ML. 2-1 with an OT loss. Stupid of me to think they're overvalued tho.

TPowell

Lol ya, I hammered Marquette and Illinois against them and made a small play on the Texas ML. 2-1 with an OT loss. Stupid of me to think they're overvalued tho.

keep doing it idiot