Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Duke deserves to be #1 after tonight

Sorry IU and IU fans but after this win tonight they should be #1 until they slip up.

ridims
    ridims's Avatar Become A Pro!

Your a moron. One game into the season and you figure this already. Duke looked awful tonight. Lucky to have won.

Change your profile pic faahhhggoott

Frisco

Quote Originally Posted by ridims View Post
    Your a moron. One game into the season and you figure this already. Duke looked awful tonight. Lucky to have won.

?????

visualrealism
    visualrealism's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 684

Agreed.

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

Quote Originally Posted by ridims View Post

its you're.....thers an apostrophe. You to say your a moron is the funniest thing in the english language.

2nd....Duke has played kentucky, minnesota, lousiville, and ohio st. sssshhhhh

usfunca
    usfunca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

They definitely have the resume. Still don't see the voters agreeing unfortunately.

Frisco

IMO Indiana will have plenty of time to prove they should be #1 later in the year when they get a chance to play OSU, MSU, and Michigan. Until then Duke is the top team. But it really doesn't matter that much, just a respect thing I guess

Brian891
    Brian891's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3624

one game into the season? seriously? how many top 5 times have they beaten now?

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

if you go by actual results on the court they should have been #1 last week, but its obvious preseason polls mean a lot so Indiana shouldn't drop. Either way, neither one of these teams gets to the Final 4 IMO. Duke has a better shot though

Frisco

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    if you go by actual results on the court they should have been #1 last week, but its obvious preseason polls mean a lot so Indiana shouldn't drop. Either way, neither one of these teams gets to the Final 4 IMO. Duke has a better shot though
    If you had to pick who is your final 4 right now? Or better yet, who is your Final 3 since I already know 1 of the teams lol

detroitlionsfan
    detroitlionsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol hell no

ohio state so overrated without sullinger

like msu w out green

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

I do agree with this there resume is the best right now....but the big 10 is a harder conference so the Hoosiers will stay #1 until they lose

isotopes
    isotopes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

The top ten schools are so much better than the rest of college bball this year. Every day teams ranked from 10-25 look weak and have lost to sub-par competition.

Right now Duke looks really really good, better than they have in years and there is no question that they are an elite program this year. However, they don't look unbeatable. They will lose a few games this year but definately a strong title contender. Wonder how much better they will look when plumlee's little brother is ready to play?

IU looks really nasty. The scary part is that they still have two top recruits who haven't even played yet. That team is going to be DEEP once they get on the floor. IU will be there in the end of the year. I thought they were over rated in the begining of the year but they are pretty nasty this year and will be alot better with their whole team.

Based on resume Duke should be #1 but it doesn't matter they will both get 1 seeds going into the tourney in march barring major injuries.

WhO_DAT 429
    WhO_DAT 429's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 320

How can you make any case for who should be #1 this early in the year..

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    If you had to pick who is your final 4 right now? Or better yet, who is your Final 3 since I already know 1 of the teams lol
    as in the teams I think are the best and suited for March?

1. Louisville (Final 4 experience with no real weak spots)
    2. Kansas (Lots of new faces but Self is a good coach and this team has a lot of talent)
    3. Ohio State (need Ravanel or Williams to step up at the 5 spot but very underrated)
    4. Michigan State (this team will improve by leaps and bounds. Izzo ****** it up by training team to run over the summer)
    5. Michigan (very impressive so far this year and they are much deeper than last year)

I would put those 5 above Duke and Indiana as far as Final 4 chances.

sigtauslimer
    sigtauslimer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 536

I agree that I didn't think Duke (or Ohio State) looked impressive last night, so Duke was the "better" (or even "better for one game") between the two teams. They beat a Kentucky team that, while still talented, had a lofty preseason ranking based on the media thinking Calipari would have a breakout frosh class like last year, which was never going to happen. But as someone else mentioned, when you arent losing, you rarely drop in the polls. The Louisville game I didn't get to watch, but I will count that as a definite impressive win; I figured LOU would get past them.

All in all, I think Duke is one of the best teams still, and maybe prior to the IU/UNC game i would have possibly conceded that they were above IU. But that IU game, man.....even though it wasn't the north carolina of typical years, being up 32 at one pts and winning by mid-20s, with the stat lines that some of those players had (and how deep on the bench their skill went), I just couldn't put Duke at the top just yet.

And really, the polls are usually a joke anyway. I could do without them and be fine with it. Make IU 2nd. Hell, make IU 22nd. It doesnt affect the schedule that's all ready laid out in front of them for the season. And at the end of the year, only ONE ranking will matter, when some team cuts the nets down in April.