neckbonemr
    neckbonemr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Are White Basketball Players Being Eliminated

The first issue one must deal with when touching upon this subject, is that of the race card. Let's get that excuse out of the way before we start.
    When white and black are used to identify any subject of discussion one must wear his flack jacket and spend the majority of one's time explaining why he or she is not a racist. The evidence is seldom reviewed, and if it is, the evidence is then labeled as racist. Simple put, any effective means to avoid the subject.
    Without having to quote statistics from some University study to be used as a foundation of proof of the decline of white basketball players in college sports, we can simply turn on the T.V. and see the evidence. If we do not have a decline of white players, why are they not on the playing floor or on the bench ?
    Recently I reviewed the recruiting of my favorite college basketball team. I was stunned to find there were no white prospects. As I gave the roster a once over of the current players on that team, only three were white. I began to review the white VS black ratio of college teams and 90% of the NCAA teams bear the same evidence. My question is why ?
    Many proclaim the black athlete is superior to the white. If one believes that statement, they must also believe whites are more intelligent than blacks.
    The truth of the matter bears review of the actual game of basket ball. Basketball was created as a means of entertainment, physical fitness, competition, representation, and skill. The game was also subject to rules.
    When one watches the present day game, all of the above descriptions apply with the exception of one. Rules.
    The players of today are allowed to walk with the basketball, palm (turn the ball over while dribbling), push, shove, and slap the other player. All of which are against the rules of basketball. The above described actions when playing the game of basketball are commonly called street ball. The game of street ball has infiltrated the game of basketball in all levels. Not so bad in women's basketball.
    The idea that blacks are more athletic comes from the game of street ball. There you can find five steps legal before a walk is called. As long as the opposing player is not bleeding when he returns to his feet after being knocked down, no foul is called. 360 degree moves are impossible according to the rule book, however no walk is called when completely changing pivot feet. One does not have to have both feet out of play before bring the ball into play.
    My point in defining street ball VS basketball, is that playing by the rules makes the game much more difficult. yes, it is breathtaking to see all the acrobatics taking place in today's game, however that does not make it legal according to the rules. The excuse then used is, we must make exceptions due to the size of today's players. If one is big and is going to play the game, let him show his acrobatic athleticism and great skills under the confines of the rules expressly written for the game of basketball, and one will witness the equalization of the white VS black ratio of basketball players at all levels.

Chum Slam
    Chum Slam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3275

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!