newbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 166

I Need Intelligent Advice on Hedging

Need some advice from the pro's......

I placed this bet not because I believe Florida will win it all but found value in hedging it and guaranteeing a profit. What would be the best strategy?

Ticket#:24774014
    Mar 23 07:15 PM
    Internet / -1 Mar 23 06:38 PM
    TNT
    ODDS TO WIN THE 2012 NCAAB CHAMPIONSHIP
    [11815] FLORIDA +2500

100 / 2500

I thought about betting $300 on Louisville +1.5

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd wait till the Final Four to hedge. They should beat Lville and at the very least the game will be close so wait till halftime to hedge if needed. They play Kentucky in Final Four so def hedge that bet.

newbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 166

Thanks Frisco, when hedging at Final 4 what size bet should I hedge, 25% of the original bet win amount?

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

you made the bet today so it would be stupid to hedge on the louisville game and IF they get past louisville, which will be a battle, you are looking at laying close to -400 or more vs kentucky to get your 100 back, so if you want to make any profit you are looking at maybe 800-1000 more out of your pocket just to make a 100 profit. and if they get to the final chances are they are going to be an underdog again so if you hedge in the final four you will have to dump another large chunk. doesn't look like a great bet to hedge on IMO there was a reason they were 25-1 today

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post
    you made the bet today so it would be stupid to hedge on the louisville game and IF they get past louisville, which will be a battle, you are looking at laying close to -400 or more vs kentucky to get your 100 back, so if you want to make any profit you are looking at maybe 800-1000 more out of your pocket just to make a 100 profit. and if they get to the final chances are they are going to be an underdog again so if you hedge in the final four you will have to dump another large chunk. doesn't look like a great bet to hedge on IMO there was a reason they were 25-1 today
    Yea the only way you could hedge the Kentucky game and get any value would be to catch a favorable line in live betting after Florida makes a run. If you get Kentucky at anything under -200 then hedge.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

id take a chance they beat louisville then id see what the line is in the final 4.