TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Fade the Retards

Two of the easiest spots of the tournament for this round. Florida and Memphis are very undisciplined teams who won't be able to play the half court game required to beat Virginia and Saint Louis. Virginia ranks in the top 15 in the country at defending the 3 and Florida lives and die by it. Saint Louis has Rick Majerus, a veteran coach who will completely overmatch young "coach" Josh Pastner.

Saint Louis +4 against Memphis
    Virginia +3.5 against Florida

Another game I like is Notre Dame. Xavier is a fraud who never deserved a bid. The "hot start" they got off to was defeating Georgia, winning at Vanderbilt in overtime, and slipping by Purdue at home by 3. Xavier was never that good and they will get beat by a Notre Dame team that is nothing to write home about either. They are a decent team who should cover the short number though. Cake walk for Duke to the Sweet 16, imagine that

Notre Dame -2.5 against Xavier

Other possible leans/plays

Harvard +6.5 (Just based on how bad Vandy is in the tourny and how smart Harvard plays)
    UNLV -4.5 (Based on how lucky Colorado got to get in, everybody choked in that shithole of a conference)

Owls
    Owls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 809

I don't know about St. Louis, but I do like Virginia and Harvard. UNLV is also something I am considering, but they play like idiots themselves so you never know what you get out of them on any given game, they could definitely just barely squeak by Colorado or even lose here. They aren't that good. Memphis is way more athletic and their coach is OK, definitely an upgrade over Calipari.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Problem is, both Memphis and Florida are so superior from a skill/athletic standpoint that you better hope St. Louis and Virginia don't fall behind and have to play catch-up.

SmackdownV
    SmackdownV's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

I have St. Louis getting to the Sweet 16 only to get crushed by Long Beach State.

Rose'
    Rose''s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9024

Quote Originally Posted by SmackdownV View Post
    I have St. Louis getting to the Sweet 16 only to get crushed by Long Beach State.
    I'm ready for that thread Smack!

TPowell

so no Louisville or Michigan State in your Sweet 16? wow

qsilver335
    qsilver335's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Be careful of betting against Florida. They are a great jump shooting team, and make a ton of 3's. Virgina tries to makes teams make jump shots. Plus they are much more athletic at almost every position. Most of the Florida roster was on the elite 8 team (overtime loss away from the final 4) from last year. They know how to win, and if the 3's are falling they can beat any team in the field. They were only one 3 pointer shy of beating Kentucky last Saturday.

firehoyt
    Are you serious, Clark?
    firehoyt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Florida lives and dies by the 3

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

i duno why ur so high on virginia man. they faded completely at the end of the year and have a ton of injuries. also think the acc was way down this season, and i thought florida would have got a higher seed. the fact kentucky beat on them a bit at the end i can live with, they beat on most everybody. like harvard, st lou and unlv myself, x nd i got no interest in.

isotopes
    isotopes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Virginia is garbage, they played terrible down the stretch

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Agree totally with both Saint Louis and Virginia.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    i duno why ur so high on virginia man. they faded completely at the end of the year and have a ton of injuries. also think the acc was way down this season, and i thought florida would have got a higher seed. the fact kentucky beat on them a bit at the end i can live with, they beat on most everybody. like harvard, st lou and unlv myself, x nd i got no interest in.
    they faded down the stretch? Losing by 3 points to Florida State and UNC is nothing to be ashamed about. They played FLorida State tight on the road earlier as well. The UNC game was very close before they just exploded. The only bad loss was at Clemson. North Carolina State is very talented and was playing for their season and the game was still a tight one.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

8-8 in your last 16 is fading to me. some of those losses were bad ones 2. only good win really is at nc st towards the end. this is the first time ive ever heard of florida being and undiscplined team along the likes of memphis, k st, baylor, etc. i tend to think a guy who has 2 national titles at a football school as a good coach, that could just be my opinion tho.

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

florida beats virginia imo

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post

Harvard +6.5 (Just based on how bad Vandy is in the tourny and how smart Harvard plays)...
    Harvard... smart??? [BREAKING NEWS!!!]

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

just because someone is undisciplined, that doesn't make them or the team retarded

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    just because someone is undisciplined, that doesn't make them or the team retarded
    true, i tend to like these type of teams in underdog roles where they have no pressure

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

Two of the easiest spots of the tournament for this round. Florida and Memphis are very undisciplined teams who won't be able to play the half court game required to beat Virginia and Saint Louis. Virginia ranks in the top 15 in the country at defending the 3 and Florida lives and die by it. Saint Louis has Rick Majerus, a veteran coach who will completely overmatch young "coach" Josh Pastner.

Saint Louis +4 against Memphis
    Virginia +3.5 against Florida

Another game I like is Notre Dame. Xavier is a fraud who never deserved a bid. The "hot start" they got off to was defeating Georgia, winning at Vanderbilt in overtime, and slipping by Purdue at home by 3. Xavier was never that good and they will get beat by a Notre Dame team that is nothing to write home about either. They are a decent team who should cover the short number though. Cake walk for Duke to the Sweet 16, imagine that

Notre Dame -2.5 against Xavier

Harvard +6.5 (Just based on how bad Vandy is in the tourny and how smart Harvard plays)
    UNLV -4.5 (Based on how lucky Colorado got to get in, everybody choked in that shithole of a conference)
    wow interesting, goes against some of my initial feelings but tpowell's opinion on college hoops carries big weight

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDime View Post
    wow interesting, goes against some of my initial feelings but tpowell's opinion on college hoops carries big weight

Loshak, hit me up in the coming weeks. Have a sport SBR is clueless about that I am raking in on. Wouldn't mind doing an informal video on how to bet it

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Loshak, hit me up in the coming weeks. Have a sport SBR is clueless about that I am raking in on. Wouldn't mind doing an informal video on how to bet it

Name:  thumbnail.aspx?q=4734214094980139&id=db76d5b3d777703cdb7e29ea1f420c96&index=newexp&url=http%u002.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  10.1 KB

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

I agree with you that Xavier is a fraud. Saw a good amount of their games and I think Notre Dame smacks those bitches up.

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

I thought Florida was a half court team?

qsilver335
    qsilver335's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah View Post
    I thought Florida was a half court team?
    Florida can play a half court game. They run a multiple ball screen offense that normally results in a lot of open 3 point looks. The key is always do those 3's fall or not. Florida will have a huge advantage in team speed. Especially with all of Virginia's injuries the Cavs will have a tough time dealing with the speed and depth of Florida. Florida still has 4 McDonald's All Americans, two of which will be 1st round picks in this years NBA draft. Don't sleep on them. Future pros are nice to have this time of year.

Hedge Hawg
    Hedge Hawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

Retards doing pretty well apparently...