miketp223
    miketp223's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is Memphis really that good?

I really like MSU to make it far in the tourney but all I keep hearing is Memphis has a really good chance of beating them. I haven't seen them play and they really haven't been in the media. I know that they play in the C-USA and have been blowing teams out but anybody have an opinion on them?

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

kenpom and the bpi have a hard on for them. they were overrated to start the season IMO, personally i duno if CUSA is anything at all, but completely wiping the floor with teams night after night is impressive to me at least. st louis was badly seeded IMO as well. cant believe this is an 8/9 game

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Teams with size that will put them in a half court set will eat them up IMO. Memphis is as talented as any team in an open game, but good coachs I.E. Izzo won't let that happen. I like Josh Pastner too, but he is another guy who is not a great in-game coach as far as Xs and Os. Solid recruited and he has some decent ideas, but given time to prep for his team ... he will get outcoached most nights. I don't even know if they make it out of the opening round. Majerus is going to make them execute in a half court environment all night.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

memphis seems to be a real talking point of this tournament. kenpom also had utah st very high last year and they were out in round 1. i dont always agree with him, but think hes better then any espn head by a mile.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

honestly..they are not THAT good

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

short answer.... no

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

long answer.... nooooooo

Dom177
    Dom177's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1210

Easy to forget, just because teams have made you money during the season doesn't mean they will do much in the tourny. I haven't seen/played them this year but I dont see very many upsets this year happening and they would have to get through St.Louis and MSU..virtually no difference between 8/9 seeds

mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

if memphis beats the billikens...they dont get past michigan st.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

think about every team you know that has a player that thinks hes better then what he is. Well memphis has 8 of them. They suck and are overrated. They have talented players but they dont play team ball well. Theyll lose first round