EasyHustlin
    EasyHustlin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

VCU v. Drexel

Colonial Championship tonight. #1 seed Drexel vs. VCU who is playing for their tourney lives. Who ya got??

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Hard to bet against VCU because of what they did a year ago, but I think I will. Drexel is the better team.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

drexel makes the tourney even with a loss while vcu needs to win inorder to get in

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

told myself last night that the total would probably tell us a lot about this game. opened at 118, which is 3 points below ken pom prediction of 121, and now dropping. that sounds pretty positive for Drexel.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    told myself last night that the total would probably tell us a lot about this game. opened at 118, which is 3 points below ken pom prediction of 121, and now dropping. that sounds pretty positive for Drexel.
    I think this Drexel team, pound for pound, is one of the most underrated in college basketball.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I think this Drexel team, pound for pound, is one of the most underrated in college basketball.
    no argument here. i'd love to see VCU win and the CAA get two bids (and i'm VCU homer since both of my parents went there), but hard to imagine Bruiser Flint allowing VCU to disrupt Drexel with their "havoc" the way that they did to Mason last night. unlike Mason, Drexel takes good care of the ball.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Man, VCU is getting pounded.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

no argument here. i'd love to see VCU win and the CAA get two bids (and i'm VCU homer since both of my parents went there), but hard to imagine Bruiser Flint allowing VCU to disrupt Drexel with their "havoc" the way that they did to Mason last night. unlike Mason, Drexel takes good care of the ball.
    Is the under a good play Biff?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Drexel just went from +118 at open to +132 in about 20 minutes.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Is the under a good play Biff?
    i'm not crazy about it. if you like under, 1H under is the way to go. there could be a ton of elimination game FTs down the stretch to get the game over a pretty modest number. after last night's game, you'd have to figure that Bruiser will have Drexel come out and play at a snail's pace to keep VCU out of their havoc defense and avoid giving VCU easy points off of turnovers. however, with a low 1H total like this (around 54), it really won't take much to get it over. ODU did nothing offensively 1H against Drexel last night and that game had 44 points at half. with VCU's reliance on the 3 and forcing pace with their defense, all it will take is a few minutes of Drexel letting it get away from them for the 1H to go over.

my point is really that the drop in the total (which cannot be from the "public" in my opinion) after the low opener cannot be a good sign for VCU.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

i'm not crazy about it. if you like under, 1H under is the way to go. there could be a ton of elimination game FTs down the stretch to get the game over a pretty modest number. after last night's game, you'd have to figure that Bruiser will have Drexel come out and play at a snail's pace to keep VCU out of their havoc defense and avoid giving VCU easy points off of turnovers. however, with a low 1H total like this (around 54), it really won't take much to get it over. ODU did nothing offensively 1H against Drexel last night and that game had 44 points at half. with VCU's reliance on the 3 and forcing pace with their defense, all it will take is a few minutes of Drexel letting it get away from them for the 1H to go over.

my point is really that the drop in the total (which cannot be from the "public" in my opinion) after the low opener cannot be a good sign for VCU.
    Thanks. Yeah, it's interesting to me that the total is dropping but the ML is moving drastically in VCU's direction.

BlueHell
    BlueHell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Both teams are in the tournament in my opinion. VCU on first four day again would make a great story. The NCAA loves a great story.

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

think I'm staying away from this one. I've been staying away from drexel since I lost two consecutive bets involving them during that f@#kin' caribbean tournament back in november! hahahahahah of course, now they're awesome, having effectively synthesized their very successful brand of basketball... but I watched those games (vs norfolk and virginia, respectively), and it was demoralizing! I've been staying away from the dragons ever since... and now it is tournament time. might be time to give 'em another chance. on the fence.

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Think i'm just going to tease Zags +7.5, drex +12.5, Sixers +8, Jazz +8.5, and Bulls +3 together for the night. Probably play some ML as well. Don't really like betting against VCU this late in the year so i'll just tease the hell out of the teams i think should win

TheeArchBishop
    TheeArchBishop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3656

More or less a home game for VCU playing in Virginia....that along with them playing to win and get in the tournament against a Drexel team with a huge winning streak and is hot as fire. Great game on the way fellas. For betting concerns, gotta take Drexel and the 3 points.

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!

drexel just jumped to +3 on 5dimes.
    really agonizing over this one- but I'm thinking hard about hitting the +3.

BiffTFinancial

have come full-circle on this one and thinking about VCU -2'. this will be a de facto home game for VCU (it's at Richmond Coliseum, VCU's old home arena, which is right next to the school, so crowd should be 75+% VCU), Drexel lacks depth and starters have played about 90% of minutes in first two tourney games (fatigue may be a factor in back-to-back-to-back games), and while Drexel's win streak is impressive it was built primarily against bad teams and they got the good teams at home. when VCU has struggled this season, it has been against teams that can pressure the ball and cause turnovers (Ga St, Bama and to a lesser extent Mason), and Drexel doesn't do that well.

already on Zags -2 and also thinking about Toledo, WMU and Loyola.

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!

oh, man! drexel +3 1x.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

VCU is in a revenge spot, the reason for the line movement.

Same as Qunnipac yesterday. They were in a double revenge spot, and bettors acted accordingly. Early bettors cashed with +3.5, pushed +3, and lost other bets. I think the play was laying -2 early, due to revenge.

Today we may be able to cash with a late bet on Drexel + points. At least that is what I'm doing. One and only bet.

Remember, revenge is a huge angle that can not be overstated. Its an extremely simple concept to grasp, and that is why its so useful and overlooked.

starfire
    starfire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1130

Go Rams

bucsfan
    bucsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 559

I hear you with the de facto home factor and the revenge spot here but I think this game should be a pick em line so Drexel plus 3 I am loving right now.

SkivChef
    SkivChef's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bucsfan View Post
    I hear you with the de facto home factor and the revenge spot here but I think this game should be a pick em line so Drexel plus 3 I am loving right now.
    Man i'm now a tiger fan! nice avatar!

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

damn i was gonna pass this game but couldn't resist +3.5.

let's go drexel

MagicDiceFlow
    blinded by nostalgia
    MagicDiceFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!

Took VCU 1st half ....both teams are evenly matched but I think the loud VCU home crowd will be the advantage.

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!

Quote Originally Posted by blackeyeshamus View Post
    think I'm staying away from this one. I've been staying away from drexel since I lost two consecutive bets involving them during that f@#kin' caribbean tournament back in november! hahahahahah of course, now they're awesome, having effectively synthesized their very successful brand of basketball... but I watched those games (vs norfolk and virginia, respectively), and it was demoralizing! I've been staying away from the dragons ever since... and now it is tournament time. might be time to give 'em another chance. on the fence.
    aaaaarrrrrrggggggghhhh! seriously- I watched the wheels come off back in november... and now I'm doin' it again! f@#k my life, because I am the world's biggest sucker! words cannot describe the depth of my contempt!

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

shoulda passed i got suckered in with what i thought was a good number.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

drexel ruining the over with their slow b.s. and turnovers. hurry up and try to score, pussies!!!

BiffTFinancial

1H under came in by a point.

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!

can drexel get back in this game, bros? -2.5 2h? or better yet -16 2h @ +1500?

jjesco425
    jjesco425's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5503

if drexel controls turnovers and controls paint i think they can actually win outright

jjesco425

judging by the body language no comeback boyz lock this up back it away and hope for a good draw drexel

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

I hope both get to go to the NCAAs because of the CAA reputation even if one is in the first four

jjesco425

this game will look bad on drexel and will be very fresh in tourney committees minds im not sure they get 2 bids

jjesco425

lol this is funny drexel still looks bad but are coming back... could be the ugliest comeback ever

CoachemUp
    CoachemUp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Crazy game! What the hell was the VCU guy throwing the ball for? Unreal.

12 Last