Dom177
    Dom177's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1210

B1G

Been watching a lot of Big Ten ball this year and living in Michigan, have been fortunate to have both Michigan and State doing great this year. What's your leans for today in the B1G? I like Michigan to win SU @ Penn State, not too sure about MSU, I wouldn't be surprised if they lost to be honest. Wisconsin rolls but do they cover the spread? Sitting at -11 right now against Illini who are not very good but Wisconsin doesn't really win by double digits too much.

What are you playing? I've got Wisconsin/Mich ML parlay so far...

wcknauf
    wcknauf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 58

Wisconsin will crush Illinois. You're correct in that Wis doesn't run it up often. Today I don't think they'll have a choice as Illinois will be lifeless.

I like Mich ML but PSU steps it up at home - winning 5 straight ats. Teams that play well at home scare me on senior day.
    Last edited by wcknauf; 03-04-12 at 09:00 AM.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Penn St has cover written all over them here

Dom177

Agreed, I think winning at Illinois last time Michigan played kind of took a lot out of them even though the Illini aren't good. Have you seen PSU play much this year? I know Mich lives and dies by the 3 pretty much and if they aren't shooting well it could be a problem. Hopefully Hardaway JR is back in the zone though, he had a great game last time.

wcknauf
    wcknauf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 58

Honestly, no, I haven't seen them play much at all. I'm going by their game logs of 11-6 su at home and 8-4 ats at home. I also have a friend that follows ND and Mich very closely and he is panics every time they play at PSU. Just raises a red flag for me.

One other thing, if I understand correctly, Mich has little to play for. A win gets a 2 seed and a loss gets a 3 seed. Both (seeds 2 and 3) will play in the same bracket and on the same day. No big difference for them.

Dom177

If Michigan wins and MSU loses then there would be a 3-way tie for first place. Even though it would be a shared regular season title, it would be HUGE for Michigan. Considering they have been basement dwellers for so long and Beilein has a young team. Michigan has won 4 in a row vs PSU and 6 of their last 7, including 2-0 @ PSU. I know they want to bounce back after getting destroyed by Purdue but they are still only 4-13 in the conference. I don't think Michigan lets this slip away

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/preview?gameId=320640213

iceaxe56
    iceaxe56's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 469

Illnois will hang in there---wiscy will win granted but probably by about 7-8 points--also illini wanting an nit bid

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Quote Originally Posted by iceaxe56 View Post
    Illnois will hang in there---wiscy will win granted but probably by about 7-8 points--also illini wanting an nit bid
    Are you serious? Teams don't play to get NIT bids homie!

Dom177

Haha c'mon man. I agree they will lost by less than 10 but the NIT doesn't mean shit to anybody

JD426
    JD426's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3966

Nice calls on today's games. What do you think about the big10 tourney now that it's pretty much locked? Assuming Indiana holds on against purdue I see an Indiana vs. Ohio state final. Msu never seems to do that well in the conference tourney and I think osu rides their win today to a good conf tournament showing.

Dom177

I think the win definitely will keep OSU inspired somewhat. Didn't watch much of the game but from what I saw they got out to a real slow start. To be honest, this will be one of the most interesting tourneys this year and in recent memory, I wouldn't really count anybody out. Northwestern can do some damage depending on where they are seeded and so can Purdue if they can get hot. Total let down by Illinois this year though. Still don't understand how you have a 7'1 giant and you don't ever give him passes down low