mynameismud
    mynameismud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8427

Michigan +1 at Ill...is it a trap?

My board just opened with tomorrows lines. Michigan is +1 at Illinois. Im leaning on Michigan but it feels like a total trap.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6898

my first thoughts were "fukk Michigan after how they finished off their last home game"

1h Illinois!

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

MSU was -2 at Illinois. That game was like watching paint dry.

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

I was wondering the same thing... Illinois has been brutal lately.

mynameismud

this might have something to do with it:

If the 13th-ranked Wolverines are to have any chance of accomplishing that, they'll have to earn their first victory at Illinois in more than 17 years.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

illlinois wins

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Michigan on the road cannot be trusted. Yes, Illinois had a rough stretch but those games were on the road and they play well at home.

Just remember that Illinois has beat Ohio St. and Michigan St. at home.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Paul was amazing vs OSU

Joepbj
    Joepbj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 258

i guarantee the public will be on Michigan just like they were Marquette tonight and you'll see RLM. Illinois is the play IMO, but some strange stuff has been going on this week....I'm actually wondering if USC will win outright against Washington.

mynameismud

maybe lean towards over 120

Romanov
    Diapason Knells
    Romanov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Fishy line. I will wait until gametime to bet, sacrificing possible value for knowledge of the market

mrtsummit
    mrtsummit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 512

Quote Originally Posted by Romanov View Post
    Fishy line. I will wait until gametime to bet, sacrificing possible value for knowledge of the market
    I coudn't agree more !!

starfire
    starfire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1130

Go Illini

carter Bean
    carter Bean's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 240

I think Washington hangs around in that game. But after the beat down marq. took last night anything can happen. Home teams are just showing up agnist higher ranked teams. Now saying that seems like if I would take Illinois here then Michigan will run them out the gym. I'm a fan of history so I'm taking Illinois in this one. Goodluck guys.

Automoto
    Automoto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

Quote Originally Posted by Joepbj View Post
    i guarantee the public will be on Michigan just like they were Marquette tonight and you'll see RLM. Illinois is the play IMO, but some strange stuff has been going on this week....I'm actually wondering if USC will win outright against Washington.
    I cannot see how USC can even be in the same building with Washington... USC has been hit by injuries and the tallest guy on the court is only 6'6". They are small and are not a good outside shooting team.

zacharyj53
    zacharyj53's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by mynameismud View Post
    maybe lean towards over 120

Why?

Finch Dinero
    Finch Dinero's Avatar Become A Pro!

The diff. Between this "trap" game and yesterdays "trap" game (marq/cin)...is that Cin. Is a solid, solid team. Illinois has looked like ******* trash the past 10 games. I get that Michigan hasn't won @ assembly hall in god knows how long, but you'd be stupid to put $$ on Illinois right now. Michigan +2 or a no play for me.

mynameismud

last time they met they scored 131. last 3 out of 4 mich games have gone over 120. line is at 121 now. may be a no play for me but gun to head i would take over.

mynameismud

Quote Originally Posted by Finch Dinero View Post
    The diff. Between this "trap" game and yesterdays "trap" game (marq/cin)...is that Cin. Is a solid, solid team. Illinois has looked like ******* trash the past 10 games. I get that Michigan hasn't won @ assembly hall in god knows how long, but you'd be stupid to put $$ on Illinois right now. Michigan +2 or a no play for me.
    thats exactly how i feel.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Last time I watched illinois play was vs Ohio State and they looked like national title contenders and that dude Paul looked like the next kobe bryant.

have not seen them play in a few months now but I know Michigan is awful on the road.

mynameismud

michigan +2 now on my board. this could be a disaster.

aman86
    aman86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Like um a lot

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14721

Now I am completely confused but, I guess this is what this site is all about. We all are thinking that this line cant be true to the expected result. So are the line makers trapping us in order to be able to move the line accordingly when all the "instinct" action comes in? Do they know something about the starters that we dont know.
    I wish I could remember what game it was last week where the coach benched 3 of his starters in the 1/2 for some bullshit suspension, but none of us here knew. I was following all threads on this game & was kinda pissed that I didnt have the inside edge from SBR.
    All I know is when you see a line that you think is fishy, that's your gut telling you to go with your instincts. When I do this I am generally wrong, let's face it VEGAS knows more than JAYVEGAS.

Just keep posting here with any info you have (legit or not) & hopefully we all get on the same page & make cash on this game.

Personally I am going with my gut & trap or not, I hate the way Illini are playing this year & my 2nd biggest loss this year was Wolverines taking care of the Sparts in the dying 4 mins of that game. That is still fresh in my mind, so there's where I go with MICH tonight.

mynameismud

mich hasnt won at Ill in 17 years...im sure that has something to do with the line.

Champ2399
    Champ2399's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32804

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    Now I am completely confused but, I guess this is what this site is all about. We all are thinking that this line cant be true to the expected result. So are the line makers trapping us in order to be able to move the line accordingly when all the "instinct" action comes in? Do they know something about the starters that we dont know.
    I wish I could remember what game it was last week where the coach benched 3 of his starters in the 1/2 for some bullshit suspension, but none of us here knew. I was following all threads on this game & was kinda pissed that I didnt have the inside edge from SBR.
    All I know is when you see a line that you think is fishy, that's your gut telling you to go with your instincts. When I do this I am generally wrong, let's face it VEGAS knows more than JAYVEGAS.

Just keep posting here with any info you have (legit or not) & hopefully we all get on the same page & make cash on this game.

Personally I am going with my gut & trap or not, I hate the way Illini are playing this year & my 2nd biggest loss this year was Wolverines taking care of the Sparts in the dying 4 mins of that game. That is still fresh in my mind, so there's where I go with MICH tonight.
    That was the Marquette game Friday at West Virginia. Buzz Williams suspending three players for a half. The ESPN announcers said the SID went up to them 20 minutes before tipoff and gave them the news. Marquette did come back to win the game (don't think they covered though -- it was -1.5 and they won by 1).

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post

that was the marquette game in west virginia, right? starters benched in 1h, with only about 30 seconds advanced notice on the espn broadcast? I remember, 'cause I was sitting there like a straight junkie with my macbook open ready to watch the tip off when I heard the news of the 1h suspensions, and I had just enough time to hammer WVU 1h. if I'm remembering correctly, WVU covered the first half line, but lost the game. ironic, 'cause I wasn't even planning on betting that game, I was just going to watch as a fan, but I was following all kinds of action on other games at the time.

hostile takeover
    hostile takeover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5372

Trap? Dunno about that.

Regardless I've got the sh*tty illini -2 for no other reason than home court advantage.

rjp322
    rjp322's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

This game is really perplexing to me and may be a stay away. All Im remembering is this is the EXACT same setup as the Northwestern michigan game when they played at NW. Line moved in Michigans favor giving them like +2 at gametime when the lined opened at like 1. Michigan then won in OT so I cant count Michigan out since Illinois is awful

mrpooh
    mrpooh's Avatar Become A Pro!

Illinois is not the same team that beat Ohio St early in the season. They have not played a good game in over a month. For them to turn it around can't be expected. Michigan +2

Blood Drake
    Blood Drake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 632

I am going with UM. Michigan is the better team and they are getting points. Illinois is tough at home but I am not sure if they have a good enough 3 point defense to stop UM. If Michigan can make a few threes they will run away with the game. I still have visions of them heading to Arkansas and being down 20 at half and almost coming back....last second shot rimmed out or they would have come back. Of course, after how bad I did last week with bets I shouldn't give any advice!

LuolBigDeng
    LuolBigDeng's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

I definitely know betting is screwing with my mind. Illinois is bad. Bruce Weber throws the whole team under the bus in a presser after a home Purdue loss. Meyers Leonard plays soft and stupid. Michigan is good, but not great on the road. The last NW/Mich game in Chicago went to ot, but I like NW more than U of I. There's no F****** way I'd bet Illinois, but I'm on a 1-14 slide (nba/college). So, I'm betting Mich. and everyone else who does is going to get screwed. Sorry in advance

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

Quote Originally Posted by LuolBigDeng View Post
    I definitely know betting is screwing with my mind. Illinois is bad. Bruce Weber throws the whole team under the bus in a presser after a home Purdue loss. Meyers Leonard plays soft and stupid. Michigan is good, but not great on the road. The last NW/Mich game in Chicago went to ot, but I like NW more than U of I. There's no F****** way I'd bet Illinois, but I'm on a 1-14 slide (nba/college). So, I'm betting Mich. and everyone else who does is going to get screwed. Sorry in advance
    LOL, well this means your due!
    Blackeye- next time you hear these pre tip tips, get on the in play thread & let us know for "in play" bets!

I gotta go with my gut tonight, I am taking the Wolverines M/L & am looking another valued M/L to parlay with it for the last $30 in my 365 account.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

Looks like we could be up by as much as 15 at 1/2!!!!!!!
    My other game btw was S. Illini M/L

LuolBigDeng
    LuolBigDeng's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Nice!!