No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Wisconsin = one and done; Big Ten = overrated

I keep hearing about how great the Big Ten is on paper, but really, the league is garbage and Wisconsin is public enemy No. 1. They have 1.5 players -- Taylor and Evans. Nothing underneath. Worst Bo Ryan team I've seen in a while. Yet they're ranked because they don't get challenged by the "best conference in college basketball."

MSU and OSU are good. Not great. Michigan's right behind. After that = horseshit. Indiana's great as long as they don't have to leave Bloomington. Illinois, Minnesota, Northwestern have no business even being discussed for an NCAA berth, yet they are.

I'm a huge Big Ten guy and I've always defended this league in the past when it's flown under the radar, but not this year.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

I only like two teams myself. MSU.OSU

Mich/Indiana/Wisky etc all shitty road teams

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    I only like two teams myself. MSU.OSU

Mich/Indiana/Wisky etc all shitty road teams
    I actually like Michigan.

The Burke kid can play. They'll be a tough out in the tourney; just not enough underneath to make a real run.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I keep hearing about how great the Big Ten is on paper, but really, the league is garbage and Wisconsin is public enemy No. 1. They have 1.5 players -- Taylor and Evans. Nothing underneath. Worst Bo Ryan team I've seen in a while. Yet they're ranked because they don't get challenged by the "best conference in college basketball."

MSU and OSU are good. Not great. Michigan's right behind. After that = horseshit. Indiana's great as long as they don't have to leave Bloomington. Illinois, Minnesota, Northwestern have no business even being discussed for an NCAA berth, yet they are.

I'm a huge Big Ten guy and I've always defended this league in the past when it's flown under the radar, but not this year.
    What the hell are you talking about? If anything, this has been a good year for the Big Ten when you consider recent history.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 19th Hole

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

lol @ big ten overrated. It is the best conference in college basketball and gets little to no respect for it.

Perfect example... Illinois is ranked 10th in the Big 10. 10th! They'd be a top 5 team in the SEC, Pac-12, or ACC.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    lol @ big ten overrated. It is the best conference in college basketball and gets little to no respect for it.

Perfect example... Illinois is ranked 10th in the Big 10. 10th! They'd be a top 5 team in the SEC, Pac-12, or ACC.
    Bad example man... A little biased aren't you? Illinois

PickWinnerAllDay

The Big 10 is a league where the 10th best team out of 12 (Illinois) can go into Missouri and have them on the ropes until the final minute.

Yet the league is overrated?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    What the hell are you talking about? If anything, this has been a good year for the Big Ten when you consider recent history.
    If the Big Ten is having a "good year," that doesn't speak very well for the rest of the country as a whole. I watch Big Ten basketball on a daily basis and the league is shit outside of the top three teams.

PickWinnerAllDay

Bad example man... A little biased aren't you? Illinois
    Bad example? Use another one then. There isn't a conference better than the Big 10 this year so it is stupid for anyone to call them overrated.

Last year, Iowa dominated Alabama and finished 11th in the Big 10. What did Alabama do? Had the best record in the SEC.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

The Big 10 is a league where the 10th best team out of 12 (Illinois) can go into Missouri and have them on the ropes until the final minute.

Yet the league is overrated?
    You isolate one rivalry game as your counter argument kerry?

Here, I can do the same: Illinois went to Nebraska in a must-win NCAA spot and gave up a 40-7 run.

t-wizzle

If the Big Ten is having a "good year," that doesn't speak very well for the rest of the country as a whole. I watch Big Ten basketball on a daily basis and the league is shit outside of the top three teams.
    Ok

Which conferences are better than the Big 12 this year?

PickWinnerAllDay

Have you considered the very real possibility that you aren't a very accurate gauge of how good teams are?

The Big 10 blew 3 double digit leads in the Big 10/ACC challenge and still won it. It could have been a 10-2 ass whooping and probably should have been.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Illinois is one of the most dysfunctional, underachieving teams in basketball. Nice example.

PickWinnerAllDay

You isolate one Rivalry game as your counter argument kerry?

Here, I can do the same: Illinois went to Nebraska in a must-win NCAA spot and gave up a 40-7 run.
    Your argument involves another Big 10 team. How the hell does that help in this argument?

It also involves a team that quit on their coach. Anything Illinois does after Bruce Weber called them out in a press conference is meaningless.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Have you considered the very real possibility that you aren't a very accurate gauge of how good teams are?

The Big 10 blew 3 double digit leads in the Big 10/ACC challenge and still won it. It could have been a 10-2 ass whooping and probably should have been.
    You are making arguments for Illinois.

Your opinion is worthless here now.

PickWinnerAllDay

Illinois is one of the most dysfunctional, underachieving teams in basketball. Nice example.

Indiana sucks yet took down the obvious best team in the country.

There really are no results out of conference that make the Big 10 look bad.

Hell... what did Ohio State do to an elite SEC team? Embarrassed them.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Your argument involves another Big 10 team. How the hell does that help in this argument?

It also involves a team that quit on their coach. Anything Illinois does after Bruce Weber called them out in a press conference is meaningless.
    Wisconsin has no business being ranked where they are. They're only "succeeding" because they aren't challenged in this overrated league.

Have you watched Wisconsin play? This is, without question, Bo Ryan's worst team in the last decade.

PickWinnerAllDay

You are making arguments for Illinois.

Your opinion is worthless here now.
    Your opinion has always been worthless no coin, it is why everyone fades you. Even when I tell you Northwestern is going to lose you just won't listen to someone who knows more than you.

PickWinnerAllDay

Wisconsin has no business being ranked where they are. They're only "succeeding" because they aren't challenged in this overrated league.

Have you watched Wisconsin play? This is, without question, Bo Ryan's worst team in the last decade.
    They are also 9-6... You're acting like they are 14-1 in the Big 10.

t-wizzle

You guys are completely off topic now...

Coiner i'm waiting to hear from you.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Ok

Which conferences are better than the Big 12 this year?
    I think the Big 12 and Big East are both better than the Big Ten, which isn't saying much because both conferences are down this season.

I guess the fact that Wisconsin is Top 20 both in the "human" polls and computer rankings speaks volumes for how bad college basketball is as a whole, though. They are not good at all; that's the point of the thread.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Your opinion has always been worthless no coin, it is why everyone fades you. Even when I tell you Northwestern is going to lose you just won't listen to someone who knows more than you.
    Go pick a 12th screen name. You are a joke.

PickWinnerAllDay

Go pick a 12th screen name. You are a joke.
    Find anything that suggests the Big 10 isn't the best conference in college basketball. I dare you actually bring something of value to the table as opposed to your misguided opinion.

PickWinnerAllDay

Indiana dominates Notre Dame on a neutral court.
    Indiana goes 9-9 in the Big 10
    Notre Dame goes 14-4 in the Big East

No coin says Big East better than Big 10.

t-wizzle

I think the Big 12 and Big East are both better than the Big Ten, which isn't saying much because both conferences are down this season.

I guess the fact that Wisconsin is Top 20 both in the "human" polls and computer rankings speaks volumes for how bad college basketball is as a whole, though. They are not good at all; that's the point of the thread.
    I get the wisconsin thing but the thread also says that the Big 10 is overrated. I haven't heard anyone raving about how great this conference is this year. I don't know about you but i didn't have wisconsin winning this game tonight. Either way they are still probably on the same level as the teams ranked near them. It's the same story every year for that team so I don't see what the big deal is. In a perfect game that is played at their pace they can compete with a lot of teams but for the most part, they cannot hang with the top tier programs.

t-wizzle

PickWinner is kerry i guess.... fukking shocker. What a loser.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Find anything that suggests the Big 10 isn't the best conference in college basketball. I dare you actually bring something of value to the table as opposed to your misguided opinion.
    I guess we'll see on both Selection Sunday and then once the tournament begins. The "best conference in college basketball" will be lucky to have more than 5 teams in the Dance: MSU, OSU, Michigan, Indiana and Wisconsin. I'm not sure who gets in after that; I'll say this much -- none of them deserve a bid (Purdue, Illinois, Minnesota, Northwestern and now I suppose you have to throw Iowa out there by default ) They're all playing like dogshit right now; both the "bubble teams" and Indiana and Wisconsin. League is fading fast.

PickWinnerAllDay

a loser who has made more in 9 days than you've made in your life time gambling on this sport.

t-wizzle

a loser who has made more in 9 days than you've made in your life time gambling on this sport.
    Save it buddy, i've heard it all before.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I get the wisconsin thing but the thread also says that the Big 10 is overrated. I haven't heard anyone raving about how great this conference is this year. I don't know about you but i didn't have wisconsin winning this game tonight. Either way they are still probably on the same level as the teams ranked near them. It's the same story every year for that team so I don't see what the big deal is. In a perfect game that is played at their pace they can compete with a lot of teams but for the most part, they cannot hang with the top tier programs.
    Are you kidding? That's all I hear, based on the conference's through-the-roof RPI and computer numbers.

Wisconsin is typically a lot better. They usually have some serviceable big men like Leuer who can complement their guard play. They have nothing underneath. They were outscored like 32-8 by Penn State at home in the paint over the weekend.

PickWinnerAllDay

I guess we'll see on both Selection Sunday and then once the tournament begins. The "best conference in college basketball" will be lucky to have more than 5 teams in the Dance: MSU, OSU, Michigan, Indiana and Wisconsin. I'm not sure who gets in after that; I'll say this much -- none of them deserve a bid (Purdue, Illinois, Minnesota, Northwestern and now I suppose you have to throw Iowa out there by default ) They're all playing like dogshit right now; both the "bubble teams" and Indiana and Wisconsin. League is fading fast.

You're a moron, Illinois and Minnesota aren't even on the bubble anymore. Illinois has quit on Bruce Weber and I'd expect them to lose out.

Northwestern and Purdue will get in, as they should. It is funny you are so against those two teams getting in... both of them beat another bubble contender from another conference head to head

Purdue beat Miami (who will make the tourney from the acc)
    Northwestern beat Seton Hall (who will make the tournament from the Big east)

if you want to argue college basketball is down, then fine, I'll agree, but only an idiot would suggest the Big 10 wasn't the best conference right now.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Here we go....

The fact that this site allows so many usernames to one person just to collect their SBR pro money is really sad.

Can't wait to see which ghost you create next week when you bury yourself again.

PickWinnerAllDay

I mean look at the teams who are talked about being the last 4 in... I saw Colorado State on that list... Colorado State is barely above .500 in the mountain west...

Your complain should be more about how bad college basketball is now, not how bad the Big 10 is now. The Big 10 is still better than other conferences and anything really backs that up. They'll get 7 teams in the tournament and its not a big deal. The Big east might get 9 but 7/12 is still better than 9 of 16.

PickWinnerAllDay

Here we go....

The fact that this site allows so many usernames to one person just to collect their SBR pro money is really sad.

Can't wait to see which ghost you create next week when you bury yourself again.

Please keep posting no coin. I've made a lot during this run going against you.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

You're a moron, Illinois and Minnesota aren't even on the bubble anymore. Illinois has quit on Bruce Weber and I'd expect them to lose out.

Northwestern and Purdue will get in, as they should. It is funny you are so against those two teams getting in... both of them beat another bubble contender from another conference head to head

Purdue beat Miami (who will make the tourney from the acc)
    Northwestern beat Seton Hall (who will make the tournament from the Big east)

if you want to argue college basketball is down, then fine, I'll agree, but only an idiot would suggest the Big 10 wasn't the best conference right now.
    Northwestern ain't getting in. Are you fvcking stoned?

Look at the current form of Northwestern vs. Seton Hall and decide what matters most to the selection committee. Head-to-head on one given night is only a small piece to the puzzle chief.

1234 Last