isotopes
    isotopes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Murray State?

Anyone know what is going on with this Murray State line? Two weeks ago they were double digit favorites in every single game, everyone talking about them being undefeated and how they play basically Division II schools, they lose one ugly game and now there is talk of a bubble team and the spreads are back down to earth moving against them.

Thinking about taking them ML here, on paper seems like alot of value, anyone think that this is a bad move?

Thanks

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN
    GiveMeaBJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 335

They suck at covering.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

i like the over. would not back Murray State here, even ML. they have had a terrible time covering the past month or so (except Saturday against A Peay) and they have the huge Bracketbuster game on tap and SEMO gave them a decent game at Murray two weeks ago. not saying they won't win SU, just that don't think that the ML has much value at around -200. BOL whatever you decide.
    Last edited by BiffTFinancial; 02-15-12 at 01:35 PM.

isotopes

Yeah, I've noticed that they haven't been playing as good lately. Two weeks ago I think everyone would have jumped all over this line with the way they were playing, now seems like everyone has turned, I have to admit I'm real hesitant but I haven't seen a turn on a team like this in a while which is why I"m interested in this line.

Owls
    Owls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 809

Murray State is overvalued. They are not as good as their record. Fade em.

isotopes

Haha, seems unanimous, guess there isn't much value in that ML, I'll have to lay off

Dom177
    Dom177's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1210

I don't like them in this game at all. The only thing working for them right now is that they need to play with their backs against the wall because their strength of schedule is terrible. SEMO is no slouch!

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

Ok first off. Murray St is as good as their record shows. Lets make that clear ok???? I don't give a **** what conference you play in or what teams you play. 23-1 is simply a solid squad. Talks off Murray St being a bubble team..... That aint happening I almost want them to lose another game to be a 7 or a 10 seed now. I would prefer to see them as a #7 or #10 seed because they can beat a #2 seed. If you guys seriously think a Nationally Ranked team ALL YEAR isn't going to make the tourney learn how college basketball works. The only way they don't make the tourney is if they lose every single game from here on out. I would love to see this team knock off a stupid overrated North Carolina team that ESPN keeps hyping the shit out of. As far as playing in the OVC and winning games in a close fashion what do you expect them to do blow teams out by 30 points???? Do you have any idea how hard that is to do just playing a a team that is gunning for you every single night? Of course the games are going to be closer then everyone thinks they should be. The players have to play with what is in front of them.

isotopes

Quote Originally Posted by CollegeOverUnder View Post
    Ok first off. Murray St is as good as their record shows. Lets make that clear ok???? I don't give a **** what conference you play in or what teams you play. 23-1 is simply a solid squad. Talks off Murray St being a bubble team..... That aint happening I almost want them to lose another game to be a 7 or a 10 seed now. I would prefer to see them as a #7 or #10 seed because they can beat a #2 seed. If you guys seriously think a Nationally Ranked team ALL YEAR isn't going to make the tourney learn how college basketball works. The only way they don't make the tourney is if they lose every single game from here on out. I would love to see this team knock off a stupid overrated North Carolina team that ESPN keeps hyping the shit out of. As far as playing in the OVC and winning games in a close fashion what do you expect them to do blow teams out by 30 points???? Do you have any idea how hard that is to do just playing a a team that is gunning for you every single night? Of course the games are going to be closer then everyone thinks they should be. The players have to play with what is in front of them.

Wow, nice rant. Do you or did you go to Murray State? Personally I don't think anything of Murray State, I've seen very little of them this year, but their record is impressive and I don't know much about their conference. I have read (or maybe heard, I read and listen to alot of college bball analysis) people saying stuff about them being on the bubble especially if they have one more lose, which I think would be rediculous based on their record.

However, like my original post stated, everyone was loving this team (at least media wise and vegas wise based on the monster spreads they had) and then one loss and all the hype is gone and the lines have shrunken considerably.

I don't know much about this conference, but based on paper and what they have done this year it seemed like there was alot of value in the ML tonight, which is why I was asking. So I'm guessing that you think there is alot of value there, most people disagree. Since I was going by what they did on paper without knowledge of the conference I"m just not going to play them.

As a fan though, I hope they are as good as their record, would be good to see them go deep into the tourney.

ToPHeR
    ToPHeR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1917

The fact that its away scares me

ScurvyPirate
    ScurvyPirate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Very true that in all their conference games the other teams are gunning for them, no doubt about it. In games like this, what I like to do is look at the teams that are currently ranked right next to said team, in this instance Murray St. Would a team like Florida and Wisconsin by 4 point road favorites at SeMo? Maybe, maybe not. I personally feel they would be around 10 to 12 point favorites. Granted you have to factor in conference play and knowledge of the opponent. If you feel the line is low, jump on it. GL whatever you decide to do.

Ushouldpayme
    Ushouldpayme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 789

Kenpom has Murray St. winning by 8. Interesting.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

Quote Originally Posted by CollegeOverUnder View Post

Utah State.