OnTheLine1234
    OnTheLine1234's Avatar Become A Pro!

2 Games Tomorrow!!!!

I had some extra time tonite to talk about a couple of games tomorrow due to the small card tomorrow. I finished capping 2 games and would like to share, and also get some of your opinions on these games!!

First game is Kansas vs Kansas St.

At first glance the teams match up statistically aside from Kansas having the edge in talent, and Kansas St. having the deeper bench, especially in the front court. Both teams will try to pressure out front and force turnovers it can convert into easy baskets.
    One of my biggest worries for Frank Martin and the Wildcats is the starting rotation!!
    I think if you were to ask him he would say Honestly " I'm still looking"

Sometimes i feel like i am watching a pick up game at the park!!

On the other side if coach Bill Self can keep Tyshawn Taylor focused at the task at hand, and keep them playing as a team rather than individuals i see them winning this game!! My take Kansas 71 Kansas St. 65

Baylor vs Iowa St.

One word for Baylor "Passive"!!! Their lack of aggressiveness on the defensive and offensive side of the ball is pathetic!!! Their zone defense was way too easy to attack and their inability to get out on shooters made their zone ineffective too. The lack of continuity between their inside outside game....where is it!!!

Iowa St. Is playing very consistant ball right now. The Cyclones posses versatile firepower from behind the arc and a passer in the post, Royce White, who is skilled in finding open shooters. White is also a threat as Iowa State’s leader in scoring, rebounding and assists.

For Baylor to win it is imperative to keep easy entry passes from penetrating the interior and to lock down the perimeter with their length!!

I think Baylor wins, but do they cover? My take Baylor 77 Iowa St. 67

Good Luck to Everyone!!!

Syracuse wins Tomorrow!!!
    Last edited by OnTheLine1234; 02-13-12 at 04:32 AM.

OnTheLine1234

Any opinions?

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

i like KU -4 and lean under in that game, thinking it's something like your prediction of KU, 71-65. probably pass on that game, but if i play it, will play KU.

think that Cuse/UL is a toss-up SU, so lean UL + points. over there is my favorite play today, think this game is around 74-73. gun to my head, i'd go with UL to win it outright.

i disagree on Iowa St/Baylor game, think Baylor wins but only by 2-4 points. my one concern is that Iowa State has played well as a smaller dog, but this larger numbers scares me a bit. sure, Baylor is loaded talent-wise, but if they're going to cover 9 tonight, they'll have to show something that they haven't shown in the past month, and i'm always wary of expecting a poorly-coached team to show something that they haven't been showing. if Baylor covers, it will be because they make a drastic departure from recent form.

BOL to you tonight.

OnTheLine1234

Thanks BiffTFinancial,

Your over on the Syracuse game, are you concerned at all that Syracuse with their zone defense and more than likely louisville imploying a zone defense of their own at times.... or more factor in on your capping of the total?

Do you see a possible let down spot for Iowa St. in this game at all? and
    a desperation game for Baylor.(a givin)

I do agree with your opinion on Baylor!! but think they will come to play tonite with a non passive mentality, and be more dominate on both the defensive and offensive side of the ball.(the Baylor we all saw at the beginning of the season)

BOL to you!!

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Quote Originally Posted by OnTheLine1234 View Post
    Thanks BiffTFinancial, Your over on the Syracuse game, are you concerned at all that Syracuse with their zone defense and more than likely louisville imploying a zone defense of their own at times.... or more factor in on your capping of the total? Do you see a possible let down spot for Iowa St. in this game at all? and a desperation game for Baylor.(a givin) I do agree with your opinion on Baylor!! but think they will come to play tonite with a non passive mentality, and be more dominate on both the defensive and offensive side of the ball.(the Baylor we all saw at the beginning of the season) BOL to you!!
    i definitely consider the amount of zone that will be played, which can have a chilling effect upon scoring, no doubt (Eastern Michigan's first trip through MAC play this season with their new zone is a good example, and there are plenty of others). however, these two teams see one another's zones at least once per season if not more, and that hasn't seemed to keep down scoring in past meetings (over is 4-1-1 last 6 meetings in Louisville). ken pom puts the pace for this game at around 68 possessions or so and i think that we'll see 71 or so. Pitino seems to have Boeheim's number and tries to attack Cuse with the press on defense and pushing in transition on offense to get easy buckets before the zone sets up (also, UL unafraid to shoot over that zone). i think that UL wants to push pace tonight and Cuse won't be bothered to try and slow it down.

i don't see a letdown spot for ISU at all. they will be favored in their next two home games (OU and TT) before going on the road to KSU and Missou then closing at home with Baylor. they are 8-4 in conference and tied with Baylor for third, and will only be favored in 2 of their final 6 games. if there's a letdown spot for them, i'd expect it to be against OU or TT. they have been playing out of their minds, though (haven't failed to cover since January 18th), and that can always end. also, love that line opened at +10 at BetOnline then dropped straight to 8. shit, i think i may have just talked myself into adding Iowa State +9.

OnTheLine1234

I hope everyone made some money tonite!!!

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065