Up and Up
    Up and Up's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3312

OSU vs Oregon -1 ??

I understand it is a in-state Rivalry, but Oregon doesn't seem to lose much at home. OSU not good on the road. Ducks should win this game!!

alexn
    alexn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 627

I wouldn't consider this a true road game as Newport is only a 2 hour drive from Eugene. Oregon State has the offensive power to win this and the line smells fishy. Still, I like the Ducks to take this one.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Line does stench, no question about it? Was just watching this one move.

Blazermaniac
    Blazermaniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1027

Newport?? Sorry bud...Beavers in Corvallis...only 30 minutes from Eugene. Unless the game is played in Newport. Anyway, it's a fishy line. How can a 13-7 team be only 1 point dog to a 15-5. This line should be at least be 3.5 to 4. Seems like somebody is baiting somebody.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

No bait I dont think, its a typical conference line. Especially since it seems Oregon should have some problems with State's length and depth.

Blazermaniac

They're trying to get people to jump all over the Ducks with that 1. The real line should be 3.5 to at least 4. Wouldn't surprise me if Beavers win it and take everyone to the cleaners.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Quote Originally Posted by Blazermaniac View Post
    They're trying to get people to jump all over the Ducks with that 1. The real line should be 3.5 to at least 4. Wouldn't surprise me if Beavers win it and take everyone to the cleaners.
    So the linesmaker knows Oregon State is going to win?

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

FYI, with respect to comment about Oregon not losing much at home, they are in a new arena as of about a year ago. it's supposed to be a really sweet facility, but not the same home court advantage as old McArthur Court.

Filmoz
    Filmoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 793

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    FYI, with respect to comment about Oregon not losing much at home, they are in a new arena as of about a year ago. it's supposed to be a really sweet facility, but not the same home court advantage as old McArthur Court.
    Yeah but the new court looks like someone puked all over it, that's gotta be worth a few points right?

Blazermaniac

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    So the linesmaker knows Oregon State is going to win?

Have you seen Margin Call?? It's how they cook the books back in 2001 where I lost all my money. These sorry bastards. What Vegas has are top Economic majors from Ivy league schools/Statisticians from MIT that formulates formula with varibles to perdict outcomes base on varies factors. Essentially Risk/Management teams. That's why after the game, results are so close to the line. Sometimes they get it right, some times they don't. But moe often then not they do.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Big fukkin game here.
    Obviously Oregon State has more talent as they have beaten both California and Texas, both top 50 type of teams, and lost to Vanderbilt on a buzzer beater, but they have a ton of losses and some bad losses to weak teams. One thing I have noticed is that Oregon State has played up for all of their big games (with the one exception potentially being at Washington, although they were in that game but UW pulled away with a couple minutes left). They have every bad loss coming off 1 day of rest/preparation (except for Idaho which has a different story involved).
    Oregon has beat the teams they were supposed to beat, but have not beaten any of the higher quality opponents as they are 0-4 vs top-50 power ranking teams.

I'm thinking this game will come down to the wire ala Arizona vs these two schools. OSU lost in overtime and Oregon won by 2 points. Should be a very close game.

Is this a revenge spot as Oregon State went 0-2 vs the Ducks last season and have not won a Pac-12 road game yet this year?

Altman is the better coach, but Oregon State has better players.... Tough call here.