Mr. Doughnut
    Mr. Doughnut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1778

Anyone else loving Penn St tonight?

Illini not as good as some may think. Penn State plays well at home (and in general it is next to IMPOSSIBLE to win on the road in the B10). Good chance Penn State wins this, if not they at least cover.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Didn't Minnesota just go in there and smash Penn State? PSU had the one good win when Purdue sleepwalked, but otherwise they've been pretty dreadful in the B10. Illinois is a pretty confident bunch right now, and the kind of team that will give Illinois fits -- big tough rebounders inside -- that is not Penn State. Illinois can easily go guard-heavy which is what they want to do. Could be a bad matchup for PSU.

And outside of the aforementioned Purdue, Penn State hasn't beaten anyone worth spit.

Mr. Doughnut

See it how you wish. Refs won't let this game get out of control. Line movement favors Penn St as well if you're into that sort of stuff.

And who has Illinois beat on the road in conference play? Clobbered by an average Purdue team and barely survived Northwestern by 1.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Doughnut View Post
    See it how you wish. Refs won't let this game get out of control. Line movement favors Penn St as well if you're into that sort of stuff.

And who has Illinois beat on the road in conference play? Clobbered by an average Purdue team and barely survived Northwestern by 1.
    Purdue is very jeckyll and hyde but they shot the 3 ball very well that game. It's very to go with the who have they beaten angle this early after only 2 road chances. I suspect if Illinois wins this game it will still be 'who have they beaten on the road' because Penn State is average, if you're trying to be nice about it.

EricZ116
    EricZ116's Avatar Become A Pro!

I go to PSU and nobody cares about bball... Not much of a home field advantage. Free tickets if you wear a grey shirt to support the new grey unis, nobody is going because it's cold and snowing a tiny bit (including me).

Fade PSU all day.

Mr. Doughnut

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Purdue is very jeckyll and hyde but they shot the 3 ball very well that game. It's very to go with the who have they beaten angle this early after only 2 road chances. I suspect if Illinois wins this game it will still be 'who have they beaten on the road' because Penn State is average, if you're trying to be nice about it.
    We'll see. I suspect Penn State to play above their heads and get the usual home cooking at home. Near impossible to win on the road in the B1G. Don't see this spot being any different.

Mr. Doughnut

Illinois has only played three road games as it is with no quality wins. Brucie is NOT a good coach, the Illini are going to head back down the standings soon.

ThaKidd
    ThaKidd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

I go to PSU as well and am making a play on them in this game. They will be up for this game, and historically play very well versus Illinois at home. This along with the rlm cause me to lean towards PSU

Vol_Bengal
    Vol_Bengal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Didn't Minnesota just go in there and smash Penn State? PSU had the one good win when Purdue sleepwalked, but otherwise they've been pretty dreadful in the B10. Illinois is a pretty confident bunch right now, and the kind of team that will give Illinois fits -- big tough rebounders inside -- that is not Penn State. Illinois can easily go guard-heavy which is what they want to do. Could be a bad matchup for PSU.

And outside of the aforementioned Purdue, Penn State hasn't beaten anyone worth spit.
    This is exactly what I thought... I played Minnesota -3 Sunday and they walked out with a 14 pt win that was close for about the first 8 minutes. Illinois is better than Minnesota and goes into same gym laying same number... I didn't play Illinois because I thought there was better value elsewhere. But my play definitely wouldn't have been Penn St.

BOL to you though!

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!
    Night-Tripper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3326

Love them?
    No
    Playing them?
    Yes

jabber811
    jabber811's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 290

The only people that are overranking the Illini are the voters in the two polls. Not one Illini fan expected anything from them this year. So what we've gotten from them is a bonus. Should they win tonight? Absolutely. No doubt about it. Will they? Who knows. Traditionally play a close game at State College and have lost a couple of those games on an incredible shit shot at the buzzer by some guy you'll never hear of again.

ThaKidd

Talor Battle

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

"Love" Penn St??
    Love Pedos??

ThaKidd

Cash

Mr. Doughnut

I'm not the type to bump his own threads like this, so I didn't plan on bringing this back up. But since you did...

Cash money
    Cash those 1-5 pt B1G home 'dogs all day long.